Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was listening to another Socially Distanced Sports Bar pod on the way to work and they got on to the topic of discussing which player's shirt from which era they would take if it were possible. I think it escalated from talking about a Charlie Nicholas' Celtic shirt that was stolen from the National Football Museum. 

 

I'm a lover of 90s football, so I think I'd go for the following:-

 

Leicester City - Muzzy Izzet - 1996 

Image result for leicester city 1996 izzet

 

Non-Leicester City - AS Roma - 1992 - Totti

Image result for 1992 as roma

 

Honourable mentions:-

 

Image result for mancini sampdoria

Image result for batistuta boca

 

 

Posted

2154156.jpg

 

He'd just scored the winner vs Germany 

 

_89824896_spt-cdf15walesvitaly-cele.jpg

 

He'd just scored the winner vs Italy

 

 

I mean I can think of cooler options, a Nakata Parma one, a David Silva Valencia one, etc. But those two would have the most sentimental value. 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Any of the 90s Fiorentina shirts really, but Batistuta and this one stick out in my memory 

 

0BBA9D27-D996-4E54-8514-151F203A73FD.jpeg

Yes, love that one. 

 

Always reminds me of his goal v United in 2000 - 

   

Edited by David Guiza
  • Like 1
Posted
41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Went straight to Italy for this. Iconic kits. 

 

Gotta show some Parmalat love. 

87549_gallery.jpg.e4f60ec2fd8111e5ef5b58a71fd1d137.jpg

 

 

R9 Inter

RONALDO-INTER-scaled-e1589824647176.thumb.jpg.fc98b587552712d8e2e343c64096def0.jpg

 

 

Italy

claudio-villa-archive-5e56b4f870ad97500d

 

Always loved the Parma one. Something about the bright yellow and early Saturday mornings made it stick in my mind. Such a shame when it all blew up, but happy to see them back in the top flight (for the time being).

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Went straight to Italy for this. Iconic kits. 

 

Gotta show some Parmalat love. 

87549_gallery.jpg.e4f60ec2fd8111e5ef5b58a71fd1d137.jpg

 

 

R9 Inter

RONALDO-INTER-scaled-e1589824647176.thumb.jpg.fc98b587552712d8e2e343c64096def0.jpg

 

 

Italy

claudio-villa-archive-5e56b4f870ad97500d

 

Man that Parma one is lovely. Takes me right back. Do Champion make kits any more cos if they don't then they should! 

Posted
3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Went straight to Italy for this. Iconic kits. 

 

Gotta show some Parmalat love. 

87549_gallery.jpg.e4f60ec2fd8111e5ef5b58a71fd1d137.jpg

 

 

R9 Inter

RONALDO-INTER-scaled-e1589824647176.thumb.jpg.fc98b587552712d8e2e343c64096def0.jpg

 

 

Italy

claudio-villa-archive-5e56b4f870ad97500d

 

Italy and Netherlands shirts are always my favourite. Always great kits.

Posted

Nice topic, three easy choices for me for two reasons.

 

1) It’s Holland

2) The history of them

 

Van Basten Euro 1988 final

E0-D84-B33-FF28-4-D56-B255-78-E5-A5-D797
 

Bergkamp World Cup 1998 Quarter Final vs Argentina

1-AA8-A757-71-A8-446-B-B179-0740-CC5-FE4
 

Van Persie 2014 World Cup vs Spain

081-B1452-1545-43-E0-88-A6-BFC6-D94-BACC

Posted
1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Nice topic, three easy choices for me for two reasons.

 

1) It’s Holland

2) The history of them

 

Van Basten Euro 1988 final

E0-D84-B33-FF28-4-D56-B255-78-E5-A5-D797
 

Bergkamp World Cup 1998 Quarter Final vs Argentina

1-AA8-A757-71-A8-446-B-B179-0740-CC5-FE4
 

Van Persie 2014 World Cup vs Spain

081-B1452-1545-43-E0-88-A6-BFC6-D94-BACC

I've never been a huge Nike fan as they just don't seem to age as well as Adidas/other brands, but that '98 Dutch kit was fantastic and will always remind of the goal in that picture. 

Posted
6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Kasey Keller in this keeper shirt...

 

385_Keller_LCFinal.jpg

I remember buying this top for a tenner off my mate and my dad made me give it back 😂 I was about 10 years old at the time. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Which other clubs had it?

 

When Scotland qualified for the Euros I had a look at their France 98 squad and ended up in a little rabbit hole. Stumbled across this photo of Jim Leighton, I don't recognise the crest but Wikipedia would suggest he'd have been at either Hibernian or Aberdeen?


image.png.6de55ab45089927e5e65bdefbb61b875.png
 

Edited by Langston

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...