Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Any does not mean all... lol

Clutching at straws.  

This will go further but before it does Masi will walk.

I don't understand why Red Bull have been so involved in a protest between Mercedes and the race director/stewards? Or why other teams haven't got involved in it as "interested parties"?

So the FIA have investigated themselves and decided they did no wrong lol Essentially the race director can do what the **** he wants.  What a shocker.  This was never being decided here.

There surely isn't many bigger robberies than this surely.  Utterly unfathomable.  

With Hamilton over 10 second in-front when the crass happened, Verstappen was never catching him. 

For it to end the way it did is disgraceful. 

However, whoever ends up with this title, will always be remembered as the person that picked it up after multiple fook ups by race control. 

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Mercedes have confirmed appeal.  They aren't dropping this until heads roll.  

This is extremely ugly.  Masi's position is now surely untenable.  I expect the FIA will be begging for his resignation sooner rather than later.  

From BBC:

“Mercedes have lodged their intention to appeal the decision of the stewards to dismiss the team's protest”

So might be next season before this is all sorted out .

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Does anybody know anything about how the appeal process is likely to work out? Length of time, people involved etc?

If it going to the Court Arbitration Sport (CAS), it could drag on until the start of the next season. 

Quite frankly, it isn’t going away anytime soon. 

Nice to see some mutual respect from the top two in difficult circumstances.

I'm sure that the media will find a way to have them at each other like Fury and Wilder by this time next year lol

Being an infrequent F1 observer I have been pleased to be able to watch the first spicy and competitive season in a while so we'll done Max. 

Probably said earlier but its one thing to have a one lap shoot out on equal terms, but they weren't equal terms at all, Masi had to know there was a strong possibility there will be change of position. It is his decision, it is his decision where he has not followed the rules just to create a show and it changed everything. He has torn apart the work of Merc/Hamilton of an entire season with his own selfish decision. 5 laps left Hamilton was cruising, only an uncharacteristic spin or car failure would stop him. Not only have Red Bull got lucky there was a safety car that gave them even an incling of hope, but they didn't even really deserve a one lap shoot out given the pace they had in the race. It's not like they were neck and neck the entire race, or Verstappen's strategy of pitting a second time worked and he was on his way to catching Hamilton with a few laps to go. There is not a chance he can carry on in his role. I'm curious if Mercedes are more interested in protesting the sporting integrity of his decision more than any obvious rule breaking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

You’ve only got to listen to the radio communications to know exactly what’s gone on.

Masi is completely panicking and Horner is laying it on thick. 

Absolutely shocking decision making. 

I also keep hearing by those defending what happened today that finishing behind the safety car would have been "wrong"...would it really?

Hamilton had comprehensively outdriven Verstappen today and had the race and championship completely under control.  As far as I could tell Verstappen had all but given up over 12 seconds behind with a few laps to go with five back markers in front of him.  Finishing behind the safety car wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference, this was Hamiltons championship fair and square.

However what Masi then essentially does over the course of the safety car is wait until Verstappen has fresh rubber, get rid of those pesky back markers, get Verstappen on Hamilton's gearbox and then says go for a single lap blast against a guy with shot tyres.  

Laughably the FIA haven't even ATTEMPTED to justify the decision...essentially the explanation is what the race director says goes.  End of.  **** everyone else including Sainz who might have fancied a Grand Prix win himself at the restart but couldn't because his backmarkers were told to stay put leaving Verstappen with a completely challenge free run.  

Mercedes are fully within their right to take this right to the very end on behalf of not just Hamilton but the thousands who know doubt worked worked their arses off to secure the Championship (and the ££££ to go with it lets not forget).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

You’ve only got to listen to the radio communications to know exactly what’s gone on.

Masi is completely panicking and Horner is laying it on thick. 

Absolutely shocking decision making. 

Before accusations start and Just to state and to be clear at the beginning I wasn’t fussed who won (not aimed at anyone individually) 

I thought it was a genuine question to be asked about what’s happening with lapped cars but I agree that Masi seemed to be preoccupied 

I personally think that teams shouldn’t be able to just talk to the race director as it seemed at least today from the broadcast that Masi was trying to be influenced, Toto at one point was asking for a safety car to not be deployed for Giovinazzi stopping which obviously shouldn’t be happening 

What a shit end to an otherwise good season.

Bitching, moaning, fighting and accusation slinging by people on here, F1 execs, social media. A sorry end to a tremendous title battle. I totally lost interest in the last two races due to all of this, and even watching back couldn't really get excited at the last lap.

Dummies spat, toys thrown out arguments and legal challenges into the coming weeks. Just all crap tbh.

If this is the future of this era of Formula One it can frankly piss off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I thought the salt would've calmed down by now

Pretty sure you'd be complaining all week had Lewis won the title, probably bringing up Silverstone again, the salt from that never died down.

• Like 1