Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Any does not mean all... lol

Clutching at straws.  

This will go further but before it does Masi will walk.

Good to see Derek Warwick still involved in F1.

I remember in the late 80's we hopped over the fence into Silverstone for the British GP and somehow managed to blag our way into the pits during first practice. We ended up talking to Derek Warwick (was he with Arrows then?) and he shared his sandwiches with us.

Top bloke. Never questioned who the fvck we were or what we were doing there! Good times :D

• Haha 1

Sadly, the race directors have made themselves look like idiots when the world was watching. Shame a brilliant season of racing is left with such a distaste caused by a year of weird decisions. 

Its been enjoyable to watch two extremely talented drivers battle it out, and a fairly competitive middle order too

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

BC6EA320-13B3-4C30-A467-52A05430B380.jpeg

An idiotic meme.  Hearing this a lot about Mercedes not pitting.  It's out and out victim shaming.  Essentially saying Mercedes should have strategised for Masi rigging the final lap in Red Bulls favour.

"We only need one lap" - Horner to Masi (after Verstappen has his new boots on)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Would be funny but ironically picture 3 is where Hamilton would have came out had he pitted at any opportunity he had. Then its a totally different race.

True but with fresher tyres. Either way he loses the race let’s be honest. Wasn’t his day. 

In this era of tyre management safety cars are just a lottery. Highlighted today in the most brutal manner, but every safety car will benefit some tyre strategies over others and has regularly decided races. The virtual safety car is a good idea, you keep track position and restart in the same position. The fact that it is the race leader that normally gets screwed by the safety car just indicates how stupid it is. The only reason they haven't changed the rules is because it brings in excitement and unpredictability where a lot of races become dull processions. All of the recent changes have been introduced are to try add more interest. But it's not working and just turning off fans who want to see the best drivers not the best tyre management team. To completely ignore competition fairness in favour of a dramatic last lap is just outrageous.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Asha said:

Considering the last seven years have been fixed for Hamilton to dominate, it’s nice for something to go against Mercedes for a change. 

BS....

And I like both drivers...

The fans Bias porridge.& the stewards & panels decision making,Interventions

these last 5 years have been so immature, laughable & quite frankly embarrassing.

Too many plastics  in fan groups, Too many Muppets in decision moments from the so called Top stewards.....

If F1 falls deeper into Soap-opera antics, The loyal, Genuine hardened F1 fans ,will Just fade Away in following the sport.

Toto n Horner, Chuckle-Brothers..!!

I am Falling out with the sport & no longer Any decent ,discussion- blogs..

Both Hamilton & Verstappen so called fans....Wow..!!

Every Single Poster ,No  words left of the absolute Trash they dish out...Ditto many media-outlets...:dunno:

Edited by fuchsntf

Bottas should be ashamed of his performance this season. I know he's leaving Mercedes now but how many times did he really get himself in a position to help Lewis?

Perez influenced the race more in that one lap today that Bottas had all season. 

I bet Hamilton can't wait to see the back of him.

12 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Bottas should be ashamed of his performance this season. I know he's leaving Mercedes now but how many times did he really get himself in a position to help Lewis?

Perez influenced the race more in that one lap today that Bottas had all season. 

I think he'll be pretty happy, they secured the constructors

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Can’t really blame Bottas in all fairness…. If I was him I wouldn’t want to help Hamilton…. We’ve seen in the past he doesn’t give much of a **** about Lewis. And like you say, he’s off and is probably leaving pretty feeling pretty chipper about the result. 

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Apart from when he took out both Red Bulls in Hungary leaving Hamilton an open goal (which he then missed), you mean?

At the end of the day if Max Masi didnt feck up with the " rules" and not really knowing what to implement,  Hamilton would have easily still won the race.

Ermm"You cant let the unlapped cars through"...1 minute later..."Let them through"

Edited by Raj

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

At the end of the day if Max Masi didnt feck up with the " rules" and not really knowing what to implement,  Hamilton would have easily still won the race.

Ermm"You cant let the unlapped cars through"...1 minute later..."Let them through"

Masi should have let all the lapped cars through on the first safety car lap. But he thought the race was going to finish under the safety car so there was no point. Then Horner got to work on him saying that this is not a satisfactory way to finish the WC and masi thought a bit and changed his mind. The fact he only let the cars between max and Lewis clear is evidence that he was convinced to allow a one lap race for the title.  Mercedes should have done more to convince masi that finishing under the safety car was fairest given the situation at the time of the accident. they are able to hear what red bull are saying and they stopped the ball, thinking that masi wouldn’t change his mind. 

max is not to blame and he deserves the title as much as Lewis would have. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Masi should have let all the lapped cars through on the first safety car lap. But he thought the race was going to finish under the safety car so there was no point. Then Horner got to work on him saying that this is not a satisfactory way to finish the WC and masi thought a bit and changed his mind. The fact he only let the cars between max and Lewis clear is evidence that he was convinced to allow a one lap race for the title.  Mercedes should have done more to convince masi that finishing under the safety car was fairest given the situation at the time of the accident. they are able to hear what red bull are saying and they stopped the ball, thinking that masi wouldn’t change his mind. 

max is not to blame and he deserves the title as much as Lewis would have

Agree with this though.

Just watched that again.

1 - How did Hamilton not get a penalty for just driving through the chicane? Have to call it even after the safety car thing I guess but ridiculous inconsistency. 

2 - Toto 😂 what a clown this guy is. Biggest Karen of them all. Just wants 20 Mercedes cars and no competition doesn’t he. 

3 - The bitterness of Mercedes to insist on months of appeals because they can’t take losing. You’ve had the WDC 7 times in a row - don’t be so salty ffs. You’re ruining the sport.

4 - Perez is a ****ing animal and was so great at slowing down Hamilton. What a guy. But Hamilton crying “dangerous driving” when that was literally what he did to Rosberg in 2016 but for more laps is amazing 😆 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Asha said:

Just watched that again.

1 - How did Hamilton not get a penalty for just driving through the chicane? Have to call it even after the safety car thing I guess but ridiculous inconsistency. 

2 - Toto 😂 what a clown this guy is. Biggest Karen of them all. Just wants 20 Mercedes cars and no competition doesn’t he. 

3 - The bitterness of Mercedes to insist on months of appeals because they can’t take losing. You’ve had the WDC 7 times in a row - don’t be so salty ffs. You’re ruining the sport.

4 - Perez is a ****ing animal and was so great at slowing down Hamilton. What a guy. But Hamilton crying “dangerous driving” when that was literally what he did to Rosberg in 2016 but for more laps is amazing 😆 

Just the kind of balanced post I expected from you lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

max is not to blame and he deserves the title as much as Lewis would have. 

There should never have been a situation where he was able to make a decision like that. A safety car situation should mean the same thing every time not leave it up to a race director to decide what it means. First off he only made the decision to not allow back markers through, which I have never seen before to get a last lap of the race, which could only help Red Bull, then he made the completely unprecedented decision to just tell those between Verstappen and Hamilton go through. It's like a ref in a cup final deciding to play a second period of extra time so the result isn't decided on penalties, but one team is down to 10 men and has an outfield player in goal.

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

There should never have been a situation where he was able to make a decision like that. A safety car situation should mean the same thing every time not leave it up to a race director to decide what it means. First off he only made the decision to not allow back markers through, which I have never seen before to get a last lap of the race, which could only help Red Bull, then he made the completely unprecedented decision to just tell those between Verstappen and Hamilton go through. It's like a ref in a cup final deciding to play a second period of extra time so the result isn't decided on penalties, but one team is down to 10 men and has an outfield player in goal.

I don’t think anyone (apart from RB and the FIA) think Masi’s actions are defendable but he is effectively the arbiter and it seems he can do what he wants as a consequence.  plenty of races in the past have been decided by safety cars and luck. Was just a shame this one went the same way and without consistency of decisions from similar situations in the past. 

just as wolves handball goal four years ago led to the law being changed you would think that the FIA would now look at the whole scenario around safety cars and restarts. 

6 minutes ago, Captain... said:

His decision making was influenced by Karen Horner's radio communications.

The fact that RB have added their interpretation of the rules into the final documentation to justify the decision making of Masi/the stewards says it all.

This is not over.  Not by a long way.