Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup quarter finals draw (United at home)

9 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We seem to have some sort of mental block against Man U every game we set up like we don't want to lose and just cave. Given we've really come on the last few years and got some really big results against the biggest teams you'd hope that at the very least we'll set up positively, even setting up in a neutral manner would be an improvement on the last few times we've played them when we've given the game away. 

interesting point and I think there is something in that. It was the draw I least wanted apart from them away

2 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

What a lot of downbeat replies.

Willing to bet the Manu fans are not actually delighted.

Believe people. Believe.

from Red Cafe

"We usually match up alright with Leicester. If we are fully fit and in decent form we should be alright. Id rather them than City or Everton right now."

"Personally I would consider it a middle level draw as think City, Chelsea or Everton would have been tougher but had hoped we could get Bournemouth, Sheff Utd or Saints. Having said that I don't expect it to be the Leicester team that plays the majority of league games and feel our second XI players are stronger."

"Pleased we’re away. Leicester have no pedigree in this cup so I think we should beat them despite their good league position."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midland_red said:

from Red Cafe

"We usually match up alright with Leicester. If we are fully fit and in decent form we should be alright. Id rather them than City or Everton right now."

"Personally I would consider it a middle level draw as think City, Chelsea or Everton would have been tougher but had hoped we could get Bournemouth, Sheff Utd or Saints. Having said that I don't expect it to be the Leicester team that plays the majority of league games and feel our second XI players are stronger."

"Pleased we’re away. Leicester have no pedigree in this cup so I think we should beat them despite their good league position."

Let’s smash these 

• Like 1

Certain that Man Utd are not ecstatic about the draw either. Pretty sure they were not thinking “I hope we get Leicester away”

As much as it is hard for us to believe I think we were definitely in the one of them we hope to avoid category for everyone else in this draw.

• Like 2

The annoying thing is, we never seen to play well against them. Even when we won the league we only got two draws. Their confidence can be drawn from the fact that they usually get the better outcome from this tie and, it's true, for a club our size our record in the FA Cup is pretty poor.

I'm really hoping that we put some things right in this game. Beat Manchester United and not fall at the quarter final stage. As losing this along with league form dipping and losing our top four ambitions would seem all too familiar - but winning it would feel like another big step forward and the momentum might just carry us over the line in the league. 

Not the best draw, not the worst.

Yes, we are capable of beating Manchester United.  Yes, I know we haven't done it lately.

But I remain optimistic.  Our squad is capable of competing with them.

I view Man U as a collection of talented players, not so much as a cohesive team.  But they are quite capable of producing the odd moment of inspiration necessary to win a match.

I hope we win.  As the military saying goes -- "hope is not a strategy".  I will rely on Brendan and the staff for the strategy.

Go you Blues!

26 minutes ago, midland_red said:

from Red Cafe

To be fair can’t argue with any of that

26 minutes ago, midland_red said:

from Red Cafe

Also from Red Cafe

"Ole has probably had the worst luck for draws that I've ever seen"

"These draws are just a bloody joke.
Liverpool, West Ham, now Leicester away. While another easy draw for Chelsea"

"We’re going out"

"ffs..."

"Yet another tough draw for Ole. We should not be surprised at this stage in these cup draws"

1 hour ago, irishfoxkev said:

Presenters name is Chowdury...different spelling but I made my post when Gary said time for the  draw with ??. Chowdury before her name appeared on screen so not a dickhead comment thanks 

If the name in question was ‘Brown’ you wouldn’t have made it, ergo dickheaded comment. 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

There've been more away points than home this season so in covidball, home advantage is a bit of a myth, and the fact Chelsea and Man City dodged each other too.

I meant the fact that we haven't beaten Man Utd away in about 20+ years...