Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup quarter finals draw (United at home)

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

We could have Man Utd away, or Man City :dunno:

Or Chelsea or even Everton,ffs we are one place behind them in the league, in the same rounds of the FA Cup and Europa, and drew with them on Boxing Day, We are at home....exactly why are they sooo much better than us?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, midland_red said:

from Red Cafe

"We usually match up alright with Leicester. If we are fully fit and in decent form we should be alright. Id rather them than City or Everton right now."

"Personally I would consider it a middle level draw as think City, Chelsea or Everton would have been tougher but had hoped we could get Bournemouth, Sheff Utd or Saints. Having said that I don't expect it to be the Leicester team that plays the majority of league games and feel our second XI players are stronger."

"Pleased we’re away. Leicester have no pedigree in this cup so I think we should beat them despite their good league position."

Horribly accurate and fair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You have to beat these teams to win it anyway :dunno: I genuinely don't see why we cant win this? We have just as good a chance as they do. We're just as good as they are. 

I've never understood this saying.

Yes, but you can have a route that means you have to beat less of these teams.

It's easier and you have more chance of winning if you play Bournemouth, Sheff United and Man City, as opposed to Man United, Chelsea and Man City.

The more you have to beat the top sides the less your chances. You have more chance of beating one top side than having to beat three of four. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Some of these reactions are like it's 2002. We're not facing Van Nistelrooy and we don't have ****ing Junior Lewis and Phil Gilchrist. We're EUROPA LEAGUE MAN COME ON DILLY DING DILLY DONG

There are people saying the players have an inferiority complex playing man u.... it seems to exist on this forum as well! If we get somewhere close to our strongest team out, we will be very competitive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You have to beat these teams to win it anyway :dunno: I genuinely don't see why we cant win this? We have just as good a chance as they do. We're just as good as they are. 

Not necessarily true though. The likelihood now is that to win it we will have to beat all three of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City. Chelsea on the flip side have had Morecambe, Luton, Barnsley and Sheffield United to get to the last four. There is luck in draws and this one just hasn't really fallen our way.

Edited by Dan LCFC

36 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

If the name in question was ‘Brown’ you wouldn’t have made it, ergo dickheaded comment. 

I think you might be reading too much into it. If the name was Drinkwater or Shakespeare, they may have made the comment. Not necessarily a dickheaded comment.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's easier and you have more chance of winning if you play Bournemouth, Sheff United and Man City, as opposed to Man United, Chelsea and Man City.

The more you have to beat the top sides the less your chances. You have more chance of beating one top side than having to beat three of four. 

This is an argument I've had with my mates about France 98.

They are convinced that England would have won it, IF we'd have beaten Argentina. 

Argentina beat England 

Argentina lost to Holland 

Holland lost to Brazil

Brazil lost to France. 

Once you get in a shit run of fixtures, its almost impossible to win them all. 

Another reason England feked up in Russia, as it was on. 

As good as they are, Man City and Chelsea have had great draws. 

Utd have been unlucky this time, but still have the qualities to progress. 

Let's hope not🦊💙

2 hours ago, midland_red said:

from Red Cafe

"We usually match up alright with Leicester. If we are fully fit and in decent form we should be alright. Id rather them than City or Everton right now."

"Personally I would consider it a middle level draw as think City, Chelsea or Everton would have been tougher but had hoped we could get Bournemouth, Sheff Utd or Saints. Having said that I don't expect it to be the Leicester team that plays the majority of league games and feel our second XI players are stronger."

"Pleased we’re away. Leicester have no pedigree in this cup so I think we should beat them despite their good league position."

Interesting that this sample of their supporters rate Everton as a bigger threat than us. Really struggling to understand that but then I think supporters' views are often based on historical perceptions of clubs rather than current reality.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Interesting that this sample of their supporters rate Everton as a bigger threat than us. Really struggling to understand that but then I think supporters' views are often based on historical perceptions of clubs rather than current reality.

It doesn't help that we're usually crap against them. I think Man City would have a very different view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That's exactly how I see it too. Also for this team to get to the next level, we have to play big teams like this in big games and beat them, or at least match them. This season one of the most impressive things in my book are the results against Spurs, Chelsea, Man City, Man United and Arsenal. Not only did we get results against all of these, but we played pretty well in most and in some dictated the game. Liverpool seem to be our bogey team, but who knows maybe we can put that right this weekend too?

Right now we have a really good team that lacks experience. Playing matches like this will build that experience and character.

• Like 3

I think we're past the point where you're going to rotate players much - a FA Cup QF is a match the manager will field a best 11 type of side for.  Really just a question of who's healthy enough to play.

Edited by Deeg67

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not necessarily true though. The likelihood now is that to win it we will have to beat all three of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City. Chelsea on the flip side have had Morecambe, Luton, Barnsley and Sheffield United to get to the last four. There is luck in draws and this one just hasn't really fallen our way.

I get what you're saying but at this point it isn't unlucky to get one of Man city/utd, Chelsea Everton or Southampton. The 'easier' ties of Bournemouth and Sheffield United aren't exactly bankers either with our record against Bournemouth at their place since we got promoted and Sheffield Uniteds unfortunate upturn in form. They never stopped fighting either. 

I'd rather win it knocking out man utd, then Chelsea then doing man city in the final anyway. Makes it sweeter than beating Morecombe, Luton and Barnsley :)

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Yea sometimes teams get an easy run. You still end up playing more than one top team. (Apart from man city 2 years ago :rolleyes:)

Last year Arsenal had to beat Man City and Chelsea. Chelsea themselves had to play us and Man utd to get there. 

17/18 Chelsea route to the final Chelsea had to beat us away and Man utd 

16/17 Arsenal had to beat man city and Chelsea. Chelsea themselves having to beat Man City and Spurs to get there. 

At this stage you generally have to play these games. 

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I get what you're saying but at this point it isn't unlucky to get one of Man city/utd, Chelsea Everton or Southampton. The 'easier' ties of Bournemouth and Sheffield United aren't exactly bankers either with our record against Bournemouth at their place since we got promoted and Sheffield Uniteds unfortunate upturn in form. They never stopped fighting either. 

I'd rather win it knocking out man utd, then Chelsea then doing man city in the final anyway. Makes it sweeter than beating Morecombe, Luton and Barnsley :)

Stupid logic. No one remembers in 20 years who you beat, they remember who won the cup.

as @Stevosevic says above , it’s easier to win it by beating 1 good team rather than 3.

Portsmouth won in 2008, a rare occasion that a not big 6 won it. Why? Because after beating Man Utd, Barnsley beat Liverpool and Chelsea so it allowed for a Cardiff Barnsley semi and then had to beat Championship Cardiff in the final rather than Chelsea.

Ive never understood the stupid logic ‘to win the cup you have to beat them all’ . No you don’t. 

• Like 1