Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup quarter finals draw (United at home)

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

You don't think it's possible that someone might make a comment on a Leicester City forum, whether serious or not, about somebody called Drinkwater being related to Danny? Is that what you're saying?

Incredible that someone from in or around Leicester of all places wouldn’t know that Choudhury (or Chowdhury) is a much, much more common name than, uh, Drinkwater. 

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Everton to beat Man City

Bournemouth to beat Southampton
Us to beat Man Utd

Barnsley to beat Sheff Utd

Semi-final vs Barnsley

Final vs Bournemouth.

Easy route :ph34r:

This is like Esteban Cambiasso mapping out where we’d get our wins during the Great Escape. :appl:

• Like 1

We haven't beaten Man Utd since 2014. We have beaten Man City about 4 times since then. We have this mental block with United that we also had with Arsenal until we finally cracked them. .

Edited by Koke

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

Incredible that someone from in or around Leicester of all places wouldn’t know that Choudhury (or Chowdhury) is a much, much more common name than, uh, Drinkwater. 

Maybe they're not from Leicester. Maybe, as I think their username suggests, they're from Ireland.

11 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

Also from Red Cafe

"Ole has probably had the worst luck for draws that I've ever seen"

"These draws are just a bloody joke.
Liverpool, West Ham, now Leicester away. While another easy draw for Chelsea"

"We’re going out"

"ffs..."

"Yet another tough draw for Ole. We should not be surprised at this stage in these cup draws"

I can't stop smiling at this post, I hope we win, if we dont I hope we give them a tough game! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Or Chelsea or even Everton,ffs we are one place behind them in the league, in the same rounds of the FA Cup and Europa, and drew with them on Boxing Day, We are at home....exactly why are they sooo much better than us?

It's a horrible draw, the second worst possible.

Although we have been close to them in the terms of league position for the last couple of years, we don't do well head to head.  It seems a long time now since that 5-3 which is our only victory against them since we've been promoted in 14 attempts if you include The Charity Shield.  That's a pretty awful record.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's a horrible draw, the second worst possible.

Although we have been close to them in the terms of league position for the last couple of years, we don't do well head to head.  It seems a long time now since that 5-3 which is our only victory against them since we've been promoted in 14 attempts if you include The Charity Shield.  That's a pretty awful record.

Past records are irrelevant to how this plays out.

For me, Everton and City were the ones to avoid.

6 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Stupid logic. No one remembers in 20 years who you beat, they remember who won the cup.

as @Stevosevic says above , it’s easier to win it by beating 1 good team rather than 3.

Portsmouth won in 2008, a rare occasion that a not big 6 won it. Why? Because after beating Man Utd, Barnsley beat Liverpool and Chelsea so it allowed for a Cardiff Barnsley semi and then had to beat Championship Cardiff in the final rather than Chelsea.

Ive never understood the stupid logic ‘to win the cup you have to beat them all’ . No you don’t. 

Not really. I'd remember. I dont care if someone random bloke from London does or not. They won't remeber who won the final let alone who played who. But I will. Its not for them. 

Portsmouth beat Man utd as you said. So that proves my point. You have to beat these teams to win it? Not sure what your point is? 

Now off you pop back to moan about mebdy. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did we expect to get to Wembley without playing anyone decent? Come on now. 

Next we'll be moaning when we draw someone decent in the last 8 of the EL. 

Well we could have drawn Bournemouth or Southampton or Sheffield United so we could have easily got to Wembley avoiding any of the top sides. 

Southampton and Chelsea are probably going to get to Wembley avoiding all big sides. In fact teams do it every year so I don't think it's wrong to hope for a favourable draw to take you as far as you can.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

Why?  This is recent history.  It's very relevant.

We can win but I think United have shown that they have our number.

The most recent history was a draw and anything before that is irrelevant, just meaningless statistics.

Arsenal 'had our number' until this season.

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://weallfollowunited.com/2021/02/12/twitter-goes-mad-as-manchester-united-draw-leicester-city-in-fa-cup/

“The FA hate us” – Some Man United fans have their say on the FA Cup quarterfinal draw

I am not a big Twitter user but I felt compelled to correct some Manchester United fans who stated they had avoided City.

Edited by majaco
Auto connect funked up my port.

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Well we could have drawn Bournemouth or Southampton or Sheffield United so we could have easily got to Wembley avoiding any of the top sides. 

Southampton and Chelsea are probably going to get to Wembley avoiding all big sides. In fact teams do it every year so I don't think it's wrong to hope for a favourable draw to take you as far as you can.

We've had a very favourable route to get to where we are now. 2 lower league teams and a relegation candidate. QF was basically a 50/50 to get a decent side. We've had a roughly balanced run so far.

We're not going to get the FA Cup handed to us on a plate are we. 

• Like 1