Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-want-find-middle-ground-sign-leicester-player-foxes-opened-door-summer-sale/

Club ‘want to find middle ground’ to sign Leicester player after Foxes ‘opened door’ for summer sale

Leicester City’s Rachid Ghezzal is shining on loan at Beşiktaş this season, with the Foxes owned player deployed mostly on the right-wing position, having contributed with two goals and 13 assists in 22 league matches.

Unsurprisingly, these impressive numbers have convinced the Turkish club to make his stay permanent in the summer.

On March 24th, we carried a report from Takvim, who explained Brendan Rodgers’ side are demanding €8m to cut ties with the 28-year-old and are ‘not ready to offer discount’, even though his contract is until 2022.

Sabah now explain the Algeria international has convinced the Istanbul based club and is making their management ‘smile’ with his performances. Therefore, Beşiktaş want to retain him beyond his loan spell.

It’s claimed Leicester have ‘opened the door’ for their winger to leave for €7m, but Beşiktaş haven’t reached these figures and want to ‘find the middle ground’ by adding €2m to their first offer they made.

Sabah doesn’t provide details of the first offer, but considering Beşiktaş want to find the middle ground [€3.5m] by adding €2m, one could assume their first proposal might have been in the €1.5-2m range.

14 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Out...

Morgan - Free

Fuchs - Free

James - Free

Hamza - around £10m

Ghezzal - around £10m??

Benkovic - £5m surely?

For what it's worth, I'd say you're about right. 10m for Hamza is easily possible, especially as he's English and homegrown. Ghezzal I'd say 5-8m we'll get, might depend on his wages though. Benko is a tough one, no reason we shouldn't get 3-5m for him though.

People valuing the three of them at 10m or something are out of their minds.

• Like 2

I think too many are writing Hamza off. He is never going to be a top class DM but he could well be a box to box workhorse of a high standard similar to Praet . Discretion in the tackle will come as he gets older. His work rate is excellent , which is is why I rate Mason Mount. You need this sort of player in a squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

For what it's worth, I'd say you're about right. 10m for Hamza is easily possible, especially as he's English and homegrown. Ghezzal I'd say 5-8m we'll get, might depend on his wages though. Benko is a tough one, no reason we shouldn't get 3-5m for him though.

People valuing the three of them at 10m or something are out of their minds.

I think getting 15m all together for the  3 would be decent and feasible.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I think your severely underrate Praet if you think Hamza will reach that level.

Two years ago some on here wanted to know why Southgate wasn't considering him. We have to be patient , Dennis is four years or so older and wiser.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Interesting..

Someone we have been interested in before (and you can never have enough Belgians)

Pretty underwhelming season from him with just 1,017 minutes played (11.3 games) but has got 3 goals and 4 assists.

B44162CC-9624-432E-8398-F66ADDEE92E5.jpeg

Had some injury issues this season and they have some good players challenging him, so could be available for a good price, but they might not want to sell if they also sell Sancho this summer

Edited by moore_94

Interesting quote from the pre-match conference today. Think most of us expected us to sign a striker in the summer regardless, but found it interesting:

Iheanacho contract show he's Vardy's successor?

“What we’re saying is we think he’s going to be an important striker for us in the future. You need more than one. He’s developing and improving and is going to be an important part of the squad. But later down the line, when Jamie is finished, we will have to have another one, maybe two. We’ve seen his confidence grow. He looks a real threat and can score goals. Being so young, we know there is a lot more to come.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Hazard brothers , three goals between them so far this season. You know I remember when the media were calling Eden one of the best players in the world. Mind you he did seal the Premiership for us.

question: why would you post on a football forum when you clearly don’t understand the game?

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Hazard brothers , three goals between them so far this season. You know I remember when the media were calling Eden one of the best players in the world. Mind you he did seal the Premiership for us.

Eden Hazard has barely played a game the last 2 years due to injuries

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

He’s one of these players, that needs 10 games to get into a season. 

Off the field, he was lazy with fitness and didn’t commit himself to a healthy lifestyle. 

Injuries have taken a toll though. He’d still be a phenomenal player if anyone could get him fit. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

The really great players have few long term injuries. Look at the number of games Messi and Ronaldo have played. Eden Hazard is exceptionally skilled but lacks physicality. He seems to have been found out in Spain. Anyway I don't see Thorgan as an improvement on Maddison. He is of course four or five years older.

• Haha 1