Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

To fund any incoming players ,we will have to sell and who could we afford to lose who is worth 30 million plus?

Rodgers has already said there will be signings and that he is pretty determined not to lose any important first team players. Couple that with possible CL qualification and the forecasts from the club that the pandemic was always going to impact on the entire 2020/21 season where we did bid €45m for Trincao last summer shows that they will invest in the right targets. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Add Benkovic & Choudhury to the outgoings and you could (could) be looking at £20-25M plus the savings of 7 wages.

I’m not pessimistic about the summer window, if we secure a top 4 spot.

Forgot about Benkovic... 👍

• Like 1

In...

Tarkowski - £15m/£20m

Sounmare - Around £20m

Trincao - Loan with option

Edouard - £15m/£20m

KDH - Return from loan

Sowah - Return from loan

Out...

Morgan - Free

Fuchs - Free

James - Free

Hamza - around £10m

Ghezzal - around £10m??

Benkovic - £5m surely?

£25m to £35m net spend with wage budget probably seeing a slight increase? 

Not sure how willing Barca would be to loan Trincao out though.

*Edit* wage budget probably seeing a more substantial I.crease if we get some important players like Barnes and Youri on new contracts. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

In...

Tarkowski - £15m/£20m

Sounmare - Around £20m

Trincao - Loan with option

Edouard - £15m/£20m

KDH - Return from loan

Sowah - Return from loan

Out...

Morgan - Free

Fuchs - Free

James - Free

Hamza - around £10m

Ghezzal - around £10m??

Benkovic - £5m surely?

£25m to £35m net spend with wage budget probably seeing a slight increase? 

Not sure how willing Barca would be to loan Trincao out though.

*Edit* wage budget probably seeing a more substantial I.crease if we get some important players like Barnes and Youri on new contracts. 

Think we’ll let Choudhury go to, especially if Soumare is a genuine target.

But you’re in dreamland if you think anyone will pay £5M for a player that couldn’t nail down a starting place at Cardiff, Bristol City or OH Leuven!

At least four of our squad are going to get substantially improved contracts so wage bill is going up , in the real world Leicester City F.C. is a business and will have to be run properly. We definitely need a striker so to fund that I believe one of our more valuable assets will have to move on.

In regards to the previous Florian Thauvin links, I really do not see what Thauvin would/can bring to the team. (Even if we were to sign him hypothetically on a free transfer.)

Edited by Iran
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Iran said:

In regards to the previous Florian Thauvin links, I really do not see what Thauvin would/can bring to the team. (Even if we were to sign him hypothetically on a free transfer.)

He's great no doubt just doesn't fit our model of player imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

He's great no doubt just doesn't fit our model of player imo. 

Plays right wing, can create chances, scores goals.  Yup, definitely not our type of player based on current evidence.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

These valuations folks are putting on our theoretical outgoing players are hilarious.  Homerism at its best.

Out of interest, who have I over valued? (If indeed I was included in your comment).

43 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Think we’ll let Choudhury go to, especially if Soumare is a genuine target.

But you’re in dreamland if you think anyone will pay £5M for a player that couldn’t nail down a starting place at Cardiff, Bristol City or OH Leuven!

I could see Celtic paying close to that for Benkovic. 

41 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Plays right wing, can create chances, scores goals.  Yup, definitely not our type of player based on current evidence.

I'm speaking about age lol... 

1 hour ago, Iran said:

He does not want to come here, think he will stay in France or move to Italy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

These valuations folks are putting on our theoretical outgoing players are hilarious.  Homerism at its best.

You'd have said that probably about what we did end up getting for Musa, Iborra, Silva, Slimani etc... clubs will pay up a bit. Besiktas seem to love Ghezzal, I could see them giving us what we paid for him, which is mad really. I've been surprised quite a few times at the money we've ended up getting for players I expected next to nothing from.

6 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Out of interest, who have I over valued? (If indeed I was included in your comment).

10M for Ghezzal, 10M for Choudhury - absolutely zero chance.  Would be thrilled to get that for both, never mind each.

5M for Benko may be almost as ambitious, although someone might just splash that based on his one golden season at Celtic.

• Like 1

Most clubs (including us) are going to be wary about getting their figures burnt and be much more risk averse. They will be looking at players who have consistently performed  at a high level over several seasons . Values change dramatically depending on current form. Man.Utd. would never pay £100 million for Sancho now.

16 hours ago, LestaLad said:

I would love him here.

Yes please! Been really impressed by what I’ve seen of him this season and still young so fits our general transfer mould.... oh add Dannnish fwiends into the mix and I’m sure Kasper would be putting in a good word

13 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Hate to say it but Rici P. We've gone almost a full season without him and done well. We'd need to bring in some cheap cover though whilst we wait for Justin to recover. 

Again would rather we keep him. Just imo the player who could fund our next window. 

The problem here is peak Riccy P pre doing his ACL would’ve funded a few quality moves... problem is since returning he’s yet to a) show he’s capable of staying injury free and b) looks half the player... granted after being out for a year it was always going to take him time to build himself back up but at the minute I can’t see any club coming in with the big bucks we would’ve seen a year or so ago thus making selling him on kind of pointless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

@Deeg67 With players like Knockhaert going to PL clubs for £11m, Cash for £15m, Diangana £15m, Ollie Burke £6m and Brewster for £23m, I don't think that the 10 mark is too far of for a 23 year old English player (that premium works two ways) with a fair amount of experience at the top level. 

2 goals and 13 assists in 22 games, Ghezzal is worth £10m to Besiktas alone. So again, I don't think that £10m is too wide of the mark. 

Just because players don't work out for us doesn't mean they don't potentially hold value to other teams. 

How about a wager? If it's closer to £20m for the pair, you knock of the million part and donate it to the Vichai foundation (£18m would be £18) and i'll do the same if it's closer to £10m....

The only problem is Turkish clubs don't tend to spend much on transfer fees. They like to take experienced players on loans and small fees on high wages.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The only problem is Turkish clubs don't tend to spend much on transfer fees. They like to take experienced players on loans and small fees on high wages.

This is true. There was a couple of £6m transfers this year bit thats all. 

However it would be a gamble for them to pass on one of their better players and gamble on someone else. 

It might be a case of spending money when you have to and if they fear losing him, they might have to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This is true. There was a couple of £6m transfers this year bit thats all. 

However it would be a gamble for them to pass on one of their better players and gamble on someone else. 

It might be a case of spending money when you have to and if they fear losing him, they might have to. 

To be fair anywhere between 6m and 10m for Ghezzal is probably more then we would have got before this season.

With his numbers in Turkey, I'd imagine a few club would be interested in a gamble for those figures.  

He one of the last members of the real deadwood brigade now Silva, Slim gone.

If we could bring in 15m-20m for Him, Benko and Hamza I think that would be a good window.

• Like 1