Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

Just now, Jakemoore said:

A thread like this only works if we bounce back on Sunday. But if we don’t then it could be last season all over again, that’s why people are in a full scale meltdown. I’m not, but I do get it. 

Full scale meltdown after 1 loss seems very, very presumption and OTT to me. 

Maybe people need to get over last season and it might help them support the club in avoiding it this season. Dwelling on the negatives of the past won't help anyone move forward. 

We are 3rd in the League going for Champions League , still in the FA Cup and Until tonight we were still in Europe with a bucket load of injuries something  was going to have to give sooner or later . As I said in the other thread I’d have like to have won but we didn’t and I’m not annoyed about the being knocked out . Just don’t like the lack of fight or how we played over the two legs . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

It was a shit performance. We never performed over both legs. However, this, like everything else is a learning curve. I believe the side learnt from last season and hope we see through the season and meet our expectations. I also think we will learn from this. 

One things for sure, I want to see this club in Europe every season. Whether that be champions league or Europa, I think go forward Europe is a must.

Every right to be dissapointed with the level of performance over two legs. However, it only feels like yesterday the feeling of disbelief when losing to Cardiff or Watford in the play-offs. In fact I was more annoyed when we lost to Portsmouth 6-1 on Sky. Just goes to show how far this football club has kicked on, certainly in my time as a supporter, anyway. 

Just enjoy the ride.

(Timely thread by the way)  

Try to find some positives. We didn't pick up any new injuries, several players got some rest, we're still 3rd in the league with a great chance of qualifying for European football again, we're still in the FA cup and we going to bounce straight back and smash Arsenal at the weekend!

Don't believe the hype of media outlets. 10000% don't let Steve Mcmanaman sway your view.

I'm really not bothered by tonight. Yes it's sad we lost but who cares. It's a trophy we wouldn't win. It's a set of destinations we can't go to with the current state of the world. Who bloody cares. Where would Liverpool be without Salah and Trent? Where would United be without Bruno and Maguire. Where would city be without Cancelo and Gundogan.......we have A LOT of injuries. We're just lucky to have a manager who doesn't bitch about it. 

We've done well. Yes it's sad we are out but it's nowhere near as bad as the media is making it out.

Never forget.....this is the same media who ever talk about us when it comes to the title race or top 4 etc. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Not that bothered, strangely.

I had to come to the calm thread, because neither am I. We've got bigger fish to fry. There will come a time when we watch Man U, Spurs and Arsenal battling it out for this fairly forgettable trophy (unless you are Newcastle) and ultimately failing, and we'll be very grateful we don't have all that to go through.  I'll be cheering Man U on by the way.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I had to come to the calm thread, because neither am I. We've got bigger fish to fry. There will come a time when we watch Man U, Spurs and Arsenal battling it out for this fairly forgettable trophy (unless you are Newcastle) and ultimately failing, and we'll be very grateful we don't have all that to go through.  I'll be cheering Man U on by the way.

I would be very very happy if we won the europa league tbf but maybe that's just me, it's a european trophy ffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Full scale meltdown after 1 loss seems very, very presumption and OTT to me. 

I think it's more that we started a lineup hinting that the manager wasn't bothered if we lost, and played an absolutely wretched match. Yeah the reaction is overblown but perfectly understandable to be a little emotional after that reprehensible effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

I would be very very happy if we won the europa league tbf but maybe that's just me, it's a european trophy ffs.

So would I, but I'd honestly be happier if we won the FA Cup. I don't even know what the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup is called anymore.

3 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Creating a much-needed 'calm down' thread.

Feel free to come and hang out here whenever the meltdowns get too much.

We're out of the Europa League, a competition that offers a CL spot for the winner and absolutely nothing for second place.

No glory. No riches. Just miles of travel and a bunch of tough midweek fixtures against some established European stalwarts.

We are stretched to the brink with injuries, and people are demanding too much from a thin squad. 

Calm down. This has been an unusually tough season physically and mentally for the players. If they can deliver our second-best ever league finish and qualify for the Champions League, at this stage we should be overjoyed at the prospect - and sod everything else.

Back the lads.

Not happy to be knocked out whatsoever but I certainly see the silver lining. As you say unless you win the bloody thing then it can be a season killer.

We have had a really heavy schedule so far this season and a depleted squad through injuries. Every week it seems we play twice a week so we have three league game in seven days from Sunday, get through that with as many points as we can and then back into the rhythm of playing once a week with proper rest, recuperation and planning rather than fighting on three fronts and possibly falling just short on all of them. 

The most important thing for the club's development is to get Champions League football this season. We'll have a lot more cash and be able to keep our best players and attract more. As I said I'm not happy to be out but see the silver lining.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, murphy said:

The actors that voiced Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse got married in real life.

There.  Aren't you all slightly more cheered now?

I wonder if they ever talked dirty to each other whilst in MM character whilst having sex.

One of life's great mysteries that we'll probably never know the answer to.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think it's more that we started a lineup hinting that the manager wasn't bothered if we lost, and played an absolutely wretched match. Yeah the reaction is overblown but perfectly understandable to be a little emotional after that reprehensible effort.

I don't get that impression about not being bothered. 

I think Rodgers probably believes and has faith in the players that started to do the job. And they should have. And he clearly has to look after and manage the squad. I'm not keen on people saying that injuries aren't an excuse. When clearly it is a big reason why there's regular rotation in such a busy schedule. 

8 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Creating a much-needed 'calm down' thread.

Feel free to come and hang out here whenever the meltdowns get too much.

We're out of the Europa League, a competition that offers a CL spot for the winner and absolutely nothing for second place.

No glory. No riches. Just miles of travel and a bunch of tough midweek fixtures against some established European stalwarts.

We are stretched to the brink with injuries, and people are demanding too much from a thin squad. 

Calm down. This has been an unusually tough season physically and mentally for the players. If they can deliver our second-best ever league finish and qualify for the Champions League, at this stage we should be overjoyed at the prospect - and sod everything else.

Back the lads.

It's a chance to win a trophy ffs. I never thought we'd win it but this point about "no glory" is simply not true.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

You don't belong here! How dare you! I'd rather cheer on Slavia 

If we're being honest with ourselves, and if we want to take some kind of silver lining out of anything, I think it speaks volumes about us as a club and where we are these days in terms of statute etc that we're all disappointed we've been knocked out of Europe, for only the second time after reaching knockout stages. 

And be it EL or CL next season, another journey awaits (hopefully with fans next time!). 

8 hours ago, Hales said:

We have been blooming brilliant this year. Proud of them! Some amazing results and pushing our way firmly into the top 4.  I love this team and love watching them grow and learn. Exciting times. Lots to be excited about! 

All of this is true...but we haven’t actually achieved anything yet either. I’m nervous for the players and the manager more than anything. It’s notable how hard they’ve worked to right the wrongs of last season but we’re still a long way off having actually achieved what we want to do (top 4 - it’s still tight and we’ve got some huge games coming up) and we look like we’re finally running out of gas (I’m not surprised and I don’t blame anyone for that, maybe the board slightly for lack of transfer activity). I’d be gutted for them if they miss out again after being decent for a large part of the season only to lose it at the business end. 

Just now, StanSP said:

If we're being honest with ourselves, and if we want to take some kind of silver lining out of anything, I think it speaks volumes about us as a club and where we are these days in terms of statute etc that we're all disappointed we've been knocked out of Europe, for only the second time after reaching knockout stages. 

And be it EL or CL next season, another journey awaits (hopefully with fans next time!). 

I agree with this, but I think people are more annoyed at the manner we got knocked out. It was all our doing. If we played a much better team and they beat us we'd sit here saying that we had a good run and proud of the players etc. This for me is more about the after effects than actually being knocked out. Let's face it the last few games we have been poor (albeit as a result of so many injuries). Arsenal is going to be a very important game for us. Not just for the 3 points up for grabs but then mentality of the team. We need a good display on Sunday to ensure the "wheels are not falling off" 

I don't think it helped the rage with mcmanaman telling us at kick off Slavia won't be a problem for us and we should be expected to win in an easy tie, then everybody shocked after with the backdrop of their players celebrating on our pitch. Wasn't as bad as a Wycombe or Watford but it didn't help the rage. 

7 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Not that bothered, strangely.

I'm less gutted than I expected to be. Our season has gone from 16-23  games to 14-16...or something very similar to that! Given we have a squad of probably 16 good enough players to play regularly, and 5 of them are injured, it might be for the best.

Edited by sdb