Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

What happens if Chelsea finish fifth and win the Champions League, and Arsenal win the Europa League; would even third place not be good enough?

3rd would get it, but 4th wouldn't (assuming it's West Ham, Liverpool or Spurs).

While it's unlikely, it's not impossible.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Redknapp also said that fourth would need to play qualifiers to get in CL. He's a few years behind.

I must be out of date as well; I thought 4th had to play a couple of rounds beforehand, albeit weaker opposition?

The result we really need this weekend is Man Utd to beat Liverpool. The fact they're virtually through their Europa game is good - means they'll focus on the Liverpool game more.

The biggest blow about tonights result is that we probably can't go weak at Man Utd away ourselves - unless every result goes for us in that time.

32 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

What happens if Chelsea finish fifth and win the Champions League, and Arsenal win the Europa League; would even third place not be good enough?

If this happens, coupled with Nigeria qualifying for the African Nations Cup then clause 7 in the stadium redesign agreement is automatically triggered and we swap the Kop with the Family Stand. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Arsenal winning Europa hahahhahahahahhahahahhaha good one

They sadly have a chance. It's only Emery & Solskjaer in their way.

That ref last night is a disgrace for that penalty. Arsenal handed the jammiest lifeline.

• Haha 1

My way of looking at tonight’s result positively is in hoping that it’s our West Brom at home result from the 2015/16 season.

We had a frustrating draw against a side we should have beat and then our closest challengers failed to capitalise so it actually became a point gained rather than two lost.

Chelsea fail to beat Fulham, Man United beat Liverpool and West Ham fail to beat Burnley then we come out of it unscathed. The Newcastle home game is one we really need to win now though.

• Like 4

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

My way of looking at tonight’s result positively is in hoping that it’s our West Brom at home result from the 2015/16 season.

We had a frustrating draw against a side we should have beat and then our closest challengers failed to capitalise so it actually became a point gained rather than two lost.

Chelsea fail to beat Fulham, Man United beat Liverpool and West Ham fail to beat Burnley then we come out of it unscathed. The Newcastle home game is one we really need to win now though.

I think we're all looking at the run in assuming any game outside of the top 4 is an easy one.

Leeds play spurs next week, Everton play West ham and Liverpool play Southampton. By no means gimmes.

I think you're right, sone funny results and I'm certainly not seeing sides that are on the beach at the moment.