Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Just seen a post on the fighting cock.

They had us beating Newcastle and losing the next 3.

They then had West ham and Chelsea drawing 1 and winning 3 and Spurs and Liverpool winning virtually every game and us finishing 6th.

This would be an absolutely extraordinary turnaround but nice to know they're as positive as we are negative. Strong margins of delusion.

The prediction each game method is flawed, people always predict the obvious result. It's easy to look at Liverpool's last four and predict WWWW because they will be favourites in all of them just like it's easy to predict we'll LL away at Man Utd & Chelsea.

Best method is to to look at the spreads which have us 4pts ahead of Liverpool in 5th.

https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/uk-domestic-premier-league/group_a.beec601c-3b39-41fb-9163-0e88fd72558e/premier-league-points-2020-21

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Liverpool didn’t seem bothered about accepting the postponement....... was a no lose decision for them to take .....

That’s true that’s why I don’t see any punishment for Man U coming anyway.. I’m just saying what the punishment would be if there was any

11 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

That’s true that’s why I don’t see any punishment for Man U coming anyway.. I’m just saying what the punishment would be if there was any

Yes - too many precedents if you deduct points from Man U for yesterday.  I think the problem now is that the super league protests have become mixed up with the owner protests at yanited,  arsenal and Spurs. Liverpool’s objection to FSG is less vociferous because they’ve been winning

Have there been any protests at all at Man City ??? 

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, st albans fox said:

Yes - too many precedents if you deduct points from Man U for yesterday.  I think the problem now is that the super league protests have become mixed up with the owner protests at yanited and arsenal. Liverpool’s objection to FSG is less vociferous because they’ve been winning

Have there been any protests at all at Man City ??? 

Totally agree! The message has been lost with the super league now I feel.

I don’t think Man City fans have protested and I think they are still happy with their owners staying 

29 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Totally agree! The message has been lost with the super league now I feel.

I don’t think Man City fans have protested and I think they are still happy with their owners staying 

My point is that the initial protest at Chelsea was based on the ESL and its lack of meritocracy....

subsequently, the protests have become all about bad owners (hence the numbers protesting against FSG not being so large and none at all at the etihaad).  I do wonder if the majority of fans at these clubs would be content with the super league, as long as they got to stay in the prem and fight out the title each year with the other five ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

My point is that the initial protest at Chelsea was based on the ESL and its lack of meritocracy....

subsequently, the protests have become all about bad owners (hence the numbers protesting against FSG not being so large and none at all at the etihaad).  I do wonder if the majority of fans at these clubs would be content with the super league, as long as they got to stay in the prem and fight out the title each year with the other five ......

I think it takes quote a lot to see fan protests like what were seen at Chelsea and Man Utd. We can all sit here and proclaim that the fans protesting are hypocrites and its not about this and that but I'll tell you one thing. Had there not been any protests, things would be way too easy for these 6 and the others who tried to form the ESL.

If anyone thinks there'll be any deterrent dished out straight off the bat from the powers that be then I'm afraid Santa Claus isn't real and Frey Bentos isn't an award winning pie. These fans will try and build a movement and hopefully through being absolute nuisances they might force something, anything that's more of a justice for these clubs than what would have been done. 

I don't like the shit that goes down as a consequence to stuff like this but whenever has there been organic change in modern society? The powers that be aren't interested in peaceful protests other than it doesn't cause them any bother. 

• Like 1

Does this mean we should leave out a Fray Bentos pie on Xmas eve.

I had a mate whos dad worked at Fray Bentos somewhere in kent and boot of his car was always full of pies with dented tins so I always went away with a dozen pies never want to see one again.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Does this mean we should leave out a Fray Bentos pie on Xmas eve.

I had a mate whos dad worked at Fray Bentos somewhere in kent and boot of his car was always full of pies with dented tins so I always went away with a dozen pies never want to see one again.

There's no occasion where presenting a tinned Frey Bentos doesn't immediately lift people's spirits. I've taken one to many a works Xmas buffet, weddings, wakes and when meeting the missus parents for the 1st time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I agree I post this in the PL Thread

For me there's too many different agendas especially between the SL6 and the 14, The SL6s main problem seems to be with their owners and this may be true of some of the 14 but I suspect the SL6 are quite happy to retain the lion's share of the PL revenues for them it seems it's a case of owners out but keep the £££s. I think that the 14 fans are more to do with a level playing field and a more equitable share of revenues.

There is some common ground re match schedules, pricing of tickets, safe standing, agents, meritocracy, refereeing standards and VAR maybe transfer fees and player wages but I fear these are losing out to the club ownership problems of the SL6 where all the media focus seems to be as they continue to track and listen to those SL6 clubs issues.

Just looking at West Ham remaining fixtures:

Home to Everton & Southampton and away to Burnley, Brighton & West Brom.

We need them to drop points in at least two of those games and they all look like more or less 50/50 matches.

C'mon Burnley.

57 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We need them to drop points in at least two of those games and they all look like more or less 50/50 matches.

C'mon Burnley.

West ham have the easier run in and could overhaul us - the burnley match is important to night.  The best thing we can do this week is hammer the magpies (not a great image that)

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

West ham have the easier run in and could overhaul us - the burnley match is important to night.  The best thing we can do this week is hammer the magpies (not a great image that)

If West Ham get more than 66 I’d be suprised. How I see it is If West Ham get more than 66 they would have won 4/5 at the least and if they do that fair play(unlikely).

If we don’t get to 66 then we we’ll and truly ballsed it up anyway. So West Ham ain’t really a threat for me.

Liverpool are the main threat without doubt.

For me it’s 50/50. 
We will get it - If we beat Newcastle AND Liverpool draw or lose to Man Utd.

We won’t get it - If we fail to beat Newcastle OR Liverpool win at Old Trafford.

19 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If West Ham get more than 66 I’d be suprised. How I see it is If West Ham get more than 66 they would have won 4/5 at the least and if they do that fair play(unlikely).

If we don’t get to 66 then we we’ll and truly ballsed it up anyway. So West Ham ain’t really a threat for me.

Liverpool are the main threat without doubt.

For me it’s 50/50. 
We will get it - If we beat Newcastle AND Liverpool draw or lose to Man Utd.

We won’t get it - If we fail to beat Newcastle OR Liverpool win at Old Trafford.

west ham coudl win 4 out of 5 - burnley, everton Brighton west brom and Southampton - on form they should win all these...  but  they wont - but they could win 4 and finish with 67 points - I would relax if burnley win tonight (or draw) and if we win on friday.

51 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

west ham coudl win 4 out of 5 - burnley, everton Brighton west brom and Southampton - on form they should win all these...  but  they wont - but they could win 4 and finish with 67 points - I would relax if burnley win tonight (or draw) and if we win on friday.

Everton have the second or third best away record in the division? Can’t see West Ham beating Everton tbh. Can see tonight be a draw too!

• Like 1

A win on Friday means that at the very worst, only West Ham from those 5th and below would be above us on the final day and that's if they win all their next four games.

Two wins should do it, a win against Newcastle will settle things down.

If we fail from here we've only got ourselves to blame.

If we beat Newcastle on Friday then the other teams will have to win pretty much every game. Spurs would need 3 wins and a draw minimum, West Ham need 4 wins out of 5 games (possibly a draw due to GD), Liverpool the same.

Friday's game is massive as it could really all but confirm a Top 4 spot for us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

C'mon Burnley.

Plenty of tough games for them there though. All of them bar West Brom will want to end the season on a high after a lot of frustration. That's the sort of game Potter will win and the hipsters will be out in full force to get him in the mix for the Spurs job.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's no occasion where presenting a tinned Frey Bentos doesn't immediately lift people's spirits. I've taken one to many a works Xmas buffet, weddings, wakes and when meeting the missus parents for the 1st time. 

The Cuban leader who took power in 1959 has a range of pies named after him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1