Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

Can somebody clear something up for me please because it's driving me insane, even the fifa website doesn't seem to have a clue.

If Arsenal win the Europa League OR Chelsea win the champions league and they finish outside the top 4. Would it then be 5 in the champions league, 2 in the Europa and 1 in the conference?

Also, if Man City win it or man utd win it, do we still get s 5th spot in champions league or does it go to another country?

Looking on the champions league website they seem to think the extra spot will go to France and that doesn't seem correct.

8 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Can somebody clear something up for me please because it's driving me insane, even the fifa website doesn't seem to have a clue.

If Arsenal win the Europa League OR Chelsea win the champions league and they finish outside the top 4. Would it then be 5 in the champions league, 2 in the Europa and 1 in the conference?

Also, if Man City win it or man utd win it, do we still get s 5th spot in champions league or does it go to another country?

Looking on the champions league website they seem to think the extra spot will go to France and that doesn't seem correct.

Can only have 7 in Europe I believe.

If Man City or Man Utd win their European competitions then there will still be 4 Champions League places.

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf if we dont get top 4, it wont solely be because of our results in the run in, its game we should have done better in earlier in the season like Fulham at home etc

There's always going to be results like that though. There's plenty of unreal results from us too.

I look at the points total and the spread over the season. If we get more than 67 we have done very well this season, even if its been a slight drop off in the last 1/3 or more of the season.

• Like 1

This top 4 runs are not good for the heart. This time last week I was sat there thinking we should have this wrapped up in two weeks. Now, I’m nervous for the Newcastle game and worried we may fall out of the top 6. Bloody hell, we needed to become this good when I was younger so I could handle it better!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Boils down to Friday, we absolutely 100% have to win that game. Drop points again and we’re in the poo.

Yes, there's no getting away from it. It's a huge game, massive pressure but one we'll be OK in. Whether that gives us a shot in the arm for the other games I don't know, we look delicate. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Boils down to Friday, we absolutely 100% have to win that game. Drop points again and we’re in the poo.

Depends on the others though doesn’t it? It’s easy to say if we loose, we’re in trouble.. but this league is full off ups and downs. 

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This top 4 runs are not good for the heart. This time last week I was sat there thinking we should have this wrapped up in two weeks. Now, I’m nervous for the Newcastle game and worried we may fall out of the top 6. Bloody hell, we needed to become this good when I was younger so I could handle it better!!

We were never gonna have it wrapped up by then. There are two many teams that still have a say. 

Teams around us will drop points, even if we do. At least we have points on the board too. 

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Fans of teams chasing us for a CL spot: Look at Leicester, they'll be tough to catch and we'd swap places with them in a heartbeat right now.

Leicester fans: They'll all win every game and we won't get another point.

No I think we will get 3 points lol ( I’m joking btw it’s 0) 

I think I've learned the importance of fixture spread.

You could argue we are in a false position because we are yet to play United, Chelsea, Spurs and having them back to back could do the teams confidence some damage. 

Win convincingly on Friday and take away any doubts. Put pressure on the other teams. Remind them we are good. 

36 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's nothing like last season - we already have more points, are playing better and have achieved more this season. 

And we have fewer key injuries and a couple of better players in the squad. And we’ve beaten Man U, Spurs and Chelski this season. It ain’t last year, it’s this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Time to show we’ve got what it takes

645E705D-62B4-4A4C-8B76-B8A2EE0618BF.jpeg.ad50baf41241b1796c0f7f5e0bbbbc74.jpeg

Buster gonads! Someone needs to Print that and pin it up in the players changing room. Time to man up and yes that means especially you sir Vardy our lord and savior. Now is the time to start bangin!

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is a massive cop out but I reckon by the law of sod that one of the following scenario happens.

1. We lose or draw followed by wins for Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham.

Or.

2. We win followed by defeats for West ham, Chelsea and Spurs, and a draw for Liverpool.

I sincerely hope it’s the latter 😳🤞🏽