Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

On 28/04/2021 at 19:31, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm confident none of the others (WHU, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton) chasing 4th will finish on more than 66 points.

I'm glad others are backing me on the notion that anyone wanting Liverpool to win is mental.

Well..Its  nice having that mental feeling....

I would like to Face up &  achieve our ambitions ,by earning & grabbing this 6 game period ( inc. FA.cup ), Not Chase breathing space by default,

but to give our competitors not one Incling not one iota of a chance....

Lets be honest...We are only discussing hopes,thoughts, & some with ass - clenching dreams with expectations of frustration...:blink:

A Great chance of achieving an unexpected difficult badass double.......2nd & FA.cup....because they are aspirations,for me  there are no

discussions on preference....because I dont have a Bottom line..!!

We are in the mix, and competing & reaching the High-End ,of the Business end of the EOS-run-in....where 90-95% of our season has been

with a decimated squad ( with fringe/young players who our own fans didn t even rate)

Again we are the uninvited rag-tail, ( with first unknown/unproven gems) squad, Irritationen & a nuisance to the self-acclaimed entitled..!!

If we Stay 3-4th, no Problem for me.... I dont see a failure if my own aspirations for the team, are not quite realised.

They have done bloody well to get this far...considering..!!

So if we can still take a massive bite out of this Top 5 apple....That would be nice wouldnt it??

If not ,our nibbles, will still leave a nice taste, satisfied and content for this season, though leaving us wanting for more, for next seasons scrumpy..:scarf:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Well..Its  nice having that mental feeling....

I would like to Face up &  achieve our ambitions ,by earning & grabbing this 6 game period ( inc. FA.cup ), Not Chase breathing space by default,

but to give our competitors not one Incling not one iota of a chance....

Lets be honest...We are only discussing hopes,thoughts, & some with ass - clenching dreams with expectations of frustration...:blink:

A Great chance of achieving an unexpected difficult badass double.......2nd & FA.cup....because they are aspirations,for me  there are no

discussions on preference....because I dont have a Bottom line..!!

We are in the mix, and competing & reaching the High-End ,of the Business end of the EOS-run-in....where 90-95% of our season has been

with a decimated squad ( with fringe/young players who our own fans didn t even rate)

Again we are the uninvited rag-tail, ( with first unknown/unproven gems) squad, Irritationen & a nuisance to the self-acclaimed entitled..!!

If we Stay 3-4th, no Problem for me.... I dont see a failure if my own aspirations for the team, are not quite realised.

They have done bloody well to get this far...considering..!!

So if we can still take a massive bite out of this Top 5 apple....That would be nice wouldnt it??

If not ,our nibbles, will still leave a nice taste, satisfied and content for this season, though leaving us wanting for more, for next seasons scrumpy..:scarf:

People seem to regard  3rd or 4th as the same whereas  4th is far from certain to qualify

1 minute ago, Foxaholic ME said:

From your last quote...

People seem to regard  3rd or 4th as the same whereas  4th is far from certain to qualify

Whether 4th qualified for CL, its still Europe...and an high finish...

We aint reached yet  that Entitlement Stage  Thankfully.!!

10 minutes ago, turlo said:

This has probably been posted elsewhere but our game against Man Utd has been moved back to Wednesday now

fixtures.png

Annoying that we get one day less rest, hopefully we win the next two and the Man Utd game becomes less significant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Well we get two hours more rest than Chelsea!

It would be nice to beat Southampton & Newcastle and then other results go our way next weekend to make the Man Utd match unimportant to concentrate on the FA Cup Final.

• Like 1

Just now, Nalis said:

10 points from this 4 game run would have been decent so 7 from 3 isnt a disaster. 

Absolutely, I said 7-8 points as an absolute minimum and we can live with it. If we beat Newcastle next week then the job is about done.

Massive chance missed today. Poor showing all round.

We’re on the back foot now. Man Utd vs Liverpool is vital now. If Liverpool win , we’ve blown it again I think.

It was there on a plate all game and we can’t win. Typical bs.

The biggest problem I see is we’re actually playing poor for a long time now and never are convincing with 3 cbs. We got beaten twice by Man City and West Ham, 2nd half vs West Brom, Palacd and today, all poor. A good first half vs West Brom when big Sam got it wrong is the only time I’ve seen us not struggle in this formation.

That’s the biggest fear, we are scrambling and Newcastle will be another game similar and we MUST win.

We need to win AND Liverpool fail to win vs Man Utd. Unless both of those happen, I fear we won’t do it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

10 points from this 4 game run would have been decent so 7 from 3 isnt a disaster. 

I think I'd have taken 9 points (Think I said it in a thread somewhere) and would have been chuffed with 10, so if we beat Newcastle we've done fantastic.

Fully expecting those below us to drop points this weekend which will hopefully mean they can't hit that 68 point target.

I think we’ll beat Newcastle and that’ll pile pressure on next weekend, will be too much and we’ll need one draw from last three.

We are also the big boy killers, so I think we scalp at least one of them.

• Like 2