Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests - I just ordered some of these, says it will be here in 2 days.

I feel its worth doing to avoid any hassle if they end up announcing tickets really late. I just want to make it as easy as possible for myself and then with a bit of luck I might get in.

I'm on 340 points bang on, this number of 5kish+ gives me a lot of hope.

Edited by blurryface

1 minute ago, blurryface said:

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests - i just ordered some of these, says it will be here in 2 days.

I feel its worth doing to avoid any hassle if they end up announcing tickets really late. i just want to make it as easy as possible for myself and then with a bit of luck i might get in. I

'm on 340 points bang on, this number of 5kish+ gives me a lot of hope.

I think you have to go to a testing centre for the test, home ones aren't acceptable.

We're doing them at home, there is no checking or follow up from the tests you report.

Edited by philce
  • Like 1

Just now, philce said:

I think you have to go to a testing centre for the test, home ones aren't acceptable.

It does say that home testing will be allowed, but doesn’t specify which groups 

20 minutes ago, Craig said:

That article doesn't seem to give an exact date when it was posted/last updated.

It could the high-level plan a couple of months ago, but there may be "minor" changes to it depending on what's happened recently.

1 minute ago, philce said:

We're doing them at home, there is no checking or follow up from the tests you report.

Yeah fair enough! Good to know that, bede park test it is!

1 minute ago, Craig said:

From experience, you can just open a test and report it as negative, there is no follow up or verification unless you are positive.

Can't see them allowing it, happy to be proved wrong!

7 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Looking at our fastest sell outs over the last few seasons, considering the last 50 point boost came in 2019:

- 1700 tickets for Burton Albion at 360+

- 4200 tickets for Villa Cup Semi Final at 310+

If we get 5000+ tickets once corporate have had their pick, I would say 360+ guarantees a ticket, 340+ is likely and anything below is a bonus?

No Under 18s for this though is there? That should make a huge difference.

You can get rapid flow tests from your local chemists, I got some on Saturday. Lady there asked me what I needed them for though, so if you get asked the same think of something witty to reply with unlike me who just got completely dumbfounded by the question. 

Just now, smr said:

You can get rapid flow tests from your local chemists, I got some on Saturday. Lady there asked me what I needed them for though, so if you get asked the same think of something witty to reply with unlike me who just got completely dumbfounded by the question. 

"i wonnah go wembleh" is gonna be mine

14 minutes ago, blurryface said:

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests - I just ordered some of these, says it will be here in 2 days.

I feel its worth doing to avoid any hassle if they end up announcing tickets really late. I just want to make it as easy as possible for myself and then with a bit of luck I might get in.

You can pick them up from Chemists, we were given 3 boxes.. no questions asked just last week, takes 30 mins and you get a result

• Like 1

On 02/05/2021 at 23:01, worth_the_wait said:

Aston Villa away (League Cup Semi F 2nd leg) was 4226 tickets, and these were sold out in away points band 310-329.

Thought this one was interesting. Yes it was a Tuesday evening, mid-Jan, not a final, but it was also in a full stadium, no testing, less distance to travel, tickets likely cheaper, better atmosphere, U16s could go. I personally don't see demand being all that different for this given all the circumstances.

And we've obviously got about 2k more tickets than that. Are we really that sure this isn't going to go down a fair way down the priority groups, provided half the tickets aren't swept up by dodgy means?

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Thought this one was interesting. Yes it was a Tuesday evening, mid-Jan, not a final, but it was also in a full stadium, no testing, less distance to travel, tickets likely cheaper, better atmosphere, U16s could go. I personally don't see demand being all that different for this given all the circumstances.

And we've obviously got about 2k more tickets than that. Are we really that sure this isn't going to go down a fair way down the priority groups, provided half the tickets aren't swept up by dodgy means?

Yeah this will go down a fair way I’m sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blurryface said:

Yeah fair enough! Good to know that, bede park test it is!

I ordered a pack yesterday that’s due to be delivered today just for that very reason, since last March I’ve had one proper test up your nose, back of throat swab thing, but I’ve had first Covid jab as well so should be ok to go!

50 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think demand will be a lot higher, we haven’t seen any live football since March 2020, it’s an FA cup final, fans will give their right arm to get a ticket. 

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

I think demand will be a lot higher, we haven’t seen any live football since March 2020, it’s an FA cup final, fans will give their right arm to get a ticket. 

Agreed, however I really can't see how the club can do this without pi$$ing off everyone!

Using away priority is probably the fairest, however the ling standing ST holders will be annoyed they wont be able to get any.

I just hope they dont make it into a "draw".

5 minutes ago, promised land said:

I ordered a pack yesterday that’s due to be delivered today just for that very reason, since last March I’ve had one proper test up your nose, back of throat swab thing, but I’ve had first Covid jab as well so should be ok to go!

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

You can pick them up from Chemists, we were given 3 boxes.. no questions asked just last week, takes 30 mins and you get a result

1 hour ago, smr said:

1 hour ago, Craig said:

1 hour ago, blurryface said:

i can only give you my experience from the semi

home test are not acceptable - i did exactly what you lot have done and i still have my rapid tests in a box at home !

you have to attend a walk in test centre within 24 hours of the k/off for your rapid test but i am sure that if you have a result from the friday at any time it will be accepted.  (my test was 28 hours before and no one bothered to check the timing when the email was shown on entry)

thereafter, you take an at home PCR test on the day of the event and five days following. so you need to go onto the gov website and order these couple days ahead of when you need them. these are not the rapid tests but the ones where you stick the swab in the test tube and post the stuff back to lab.  

that was the procedure for the semi.  

8 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Whoever this is, bravo on the response!

9E222790-F351-40B3-BA99-BC974998FAF8.jpeg

The irony of “ginetta” - says stop being elitest but bangs on about being an influential fan lol 

• Like 1