Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah I can't see anything either. If Chelsea announce it and then LCFC drag their heels then there's reason to moan about them being crap. 

It looks like it’s taken time to finalise details but there has clearly been hold up somewhere and tickets not being announced within 2 weeks before the final isn’t great is it.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

It looks like it’s taken time to finalise details but there has clearly been hold up somewhere and tickets not being announced within 2 weeks before the final isn’t great is it.

No, but this is less of a football game and more of a science experiment. Don't kid yourself and think this is for the fans, it's just to gather data. The scientists are arsed about giving people notice to book trains, for example. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No, but this is less of a football game and more of a science experiment. Don't kid yourself and think this is for the fans, it's just to gather data. The scientists are arsed about giving people notice to book trains, for example. 

That's exactly what this is. It's a trial, to see how we're able to cope with reopening of venues and large crowds in terms of testing success and any transmission events.

I live within 10-15 minutes of Wembley but not in Brent (Harrow). Not sure if it will get down to my priority points level but would be daft for me to have to travel to Leicester to pick up a ticket for a game 10 minutes down the road. Need to find out if I know anyone who lives in Brent to see if I can go as their 'friend'. My daughters' school is in Brent perhaps I could use the school's address!

it wouldn't surprise me if you had to leave from the KP or something similar and that transport will be included in your ticket. As others have said this is a government event to test to see if its OK for bigger crowds in the future i would be quite surprised if they don't just create two fan zones at Wembley and you are ushered into there and then straight back out after. They are not going to want fans to rock up half cut whilst trying to sort out covid passes etc. I cant see them letting people go to local pubs etc as obviously the rule of 6 and out door will still be in force then to. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Think a few people are jumping the gun here. Yes it’s a piss take it’s not been announced but it’s probably out the clubs hands with covid etc 

I’m normally very critical of them but given the travel implications, they will be awaiting for information from the following:- 

- Government 

- The FA 

- Wembley Stadium 

- National Rail 

- Police 

- East Midlands Trains 

Trying to get National Rail, British Transport Police and East Midland Trains to provide chartered train services on a Saturday will be incredibly hard work. Actually a lot easier for the Carabao being a Sunday when services are reduced.

If the allocation is approx 6k - if you took it on the proviso, it would be coaches travel only. Deduct the 250 car parking spaces for say 500 attendees (which should be rightly prioritised to disabled persons) we’d be looking at 110 coaches alone at 55 people per coach. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agreed, but it’s City in a cup final and while it won’t be like it clearly should be I’ll have to take what I can.

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

it wouldn't surprise me if you had to leave from the KP or something similar and that transport will be included in your ticket. As others have said this is a government event to test to see if its OK for bigger crowds in the future i would be quite surprised if they don't just create two fan zones at Wembley and you are ushered into there and then straight back out after. They are not going to want fans to rock up half cut whilst trying to sort out covid passes etc. I cant see them letting people go to local pubs etc as obviously the rule of 6 and out door will still be in force then to. 

Chelsea fans have booked out Green Man and The Torch already I saw a few saying.

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

323 away points should be enough if it's 6000 right?

Depends how many of those 6k make it too fans. Club officials and sponsors. Box holders etc will no doubt all be on the case.

I'd be shocked if we see more than 4000 make sale. And as the club never actually tell us how many points holders in each tier there are its all guess work. I'd be looking at the smaller allocations such as brugge, Bournemouth, Newport etc as to a guide to how far it will get.

I'm on 430 and I know there's people with more than that. Those coach 1 lot that never miss a game etc, and I reckon there's at least 500 still on the away scheme as such. I dropped of it in 17 because I only wanted CL tickets as a priority that season. Couldn't afford every away game.

6 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Just Away (which takes into account Season Tickets)

So away points include your season ticket points, I can see I have a few 50 points acquired, presumably are season tickets?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Depends how many of those 6k make it too fans. Club officials and sponsors. Box holders etc will no doubt all be on the case.

I'd be shocked if we see more than 4000 make sale. And as the club never actually tell us how many points holders in each tier there are its all guess work. I'd be looking at the smaller allocations such as brugge, Bournemouth, Newport etc as to a guide to how far it will get.

I'm on 430 and I know there's people with more than that. Those coach 1 lot that never miss a game etc, and I reckon there's at least 500 still on the away scheme as such. I dropped of it in 17 because I only wanted CL tickets as a priority that season. Couldn't afford every away game.

Yeah I guess, I would have thought some of those would eat into the usual smaller allocations though? Plus still clinging to the hope that there are a thousand or so 10 year olds above me :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, smr said:

So away points include your season ticket points, I can see I have a few 50 points acquired, presumably are season tickets?

Yes, ST renewals are +50.