Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i can only give you my experience from the semi

home test are not acceptable - i did exactly what you lot have done and i still have my rapid tests in a box at home !

you have to attend a walk in test centre within 24 hours of the k/off for your rapid test but i am sure that if you have a result from the friday at any time it will be accepted.  (my test was 28 hours before and no one bothered to check the timing when the email was shown on entry)

thereafter, you take an at home PCR test on the day of the event and five days following. so you need to go onto the gov website and order these couple days ahead of when you need them. these are not the rapid tests but the ones where you stick the swab in the test tube and post the stuff back to lab.  

that was the procedure for the semi.  

Assuming the link posted earlier has correct information, then it mentioned a timeslot of about 51 hours before the match:

image.png.16458482e5a2db0a17c0acaa01ae1ab7.png

Also notice the bit below that about at home tests being allowed. I guess we need to wait for final details from LCFC (whenever that may be...).

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Assuming the link posted earlier has correct information, then it mentioned a timeslot of about 51 hours before the match:

Also notice the bit below that about at home tests being allowed. I guess we need to wait for final details from LCFC (whenever that may be...).

I've just ordered test kits online just incase. No harm I guess.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I’d imagine that the ‘Each target group will be informed of the specific type of accepted testing by Wembley Stadium or Participant Clubs.’ line probably means it’ll only be NHS staff that can get away with a home test. 

Result if we are allowed to use home tests though.

2 minutes ago, baylisslcfc said:

I’d imagine that the ‘Each target group will be informed of the specific type of accepted testing by Wembley Stadium or Participant Clubs.’ line probably means it’ll only be NHS staff that can get away with a home test. 

Result if we are allowed to use home tests though.

Possibly, I don't see this happening for the majority as there is no way to prove that the result was accurate so seems to make no sense.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Possibly, I don't see this happening for the majority as there is no way to prove that the result was accurate so seems to make no sense.

It would make sense for the test event to be through a testing site, to save those who would do a test and report negative whatever the result 

• Like 1

Not sure I fancy going now lol

seems like a few hoops to jump through.

if we go on the train is it going to be a 3pm job, ushered off the train, straight to Wembley and then the same on the way back? 

3 minutes ago, HEGGSY said:

if we go on the train is it going to be a 3pm job, ushered off the train, straight to Wembley and then the same on the way back? 

That’s the thing, seemingly tight travel arrangements that will by the looks of things be arranged for you means no boozers etc 

7 minutes ago, HEGGSY said:

Sounds likely, or restricted to certain pubs in the area or on site.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Also re travel:

image.png.0fd4ab1bd9c14794ca975d36b55bab28.png

As mentioned above, there is lots of info on that link but not sure how much is up to date as I can imagine guidance being tweaked here and there especially as multiple parties are trying to come to an agreement.

Really is laughable that given Spurs fans will be travelling across a small distance but for the same amount of time and likely to encounter more people on the London transport system. 

31 minutes ago, HEGGSY said:

Man City trains were around 10ish and in London for 12 to 1. Without wishing to sound cynical, reading the details for the Twickenham final Tigers are at - the stadiums want you in early buying their beer and food 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, coley1884 said:

hi. can i ask a quick question please? based on previous experience including the semi final, do you expect tickets will have names printed on them and id will need to be shown? 

I think it might be like the champions league away games where we have to pick them up from somewhere with ID? This is all my guesswork with no background knowledge of how collections worked for the carabao final.

There will be around 6,000 Leicester City fans at Wembley for the FA Cup final as details for how tickets would be allocated were released.

Wembley Stadium have announced that 12,500 tickets for the showpiece occasion on Saturday, May 15, will be given to club supporters, leaving City and Chelsea with 6,250 each, provided they are split evenly.

Then, 9,500 tickets will go to residents in the Brent area of London, as well as key workers, stadium guests and FA stakeholders, adding up to a total of 22,000 spectators inside the national stadium.

15 minutes ago, blurryface said:

I think it might be like the champions league away games where we have to pick them up from somewhere with ID? This is all my guesswork with no background knowledge of how collections worked for the carabao final.

Unlikely as it's not likely to be the club distrubuting the tickets so I would still expect them to be posted or email.

But they will have name or ID on them as part of the process and apparently for the other cup final there were 4 yes 4 checkpoints 

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Unlikely as it's not likely to be the club distrubuting the tickets so I would still expect them to be posted or email.

But they will have name or ID on them as part of the process and apparently for the other cup final there were 4 yes 4 checkpoints 

That's a shame as my dad normally goes to away games with me using my mums season ticket, but I highly doubt with covid he'll be allowed 

34 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yes and yes IMO, especially due to COVID tests etc.

I’m not sure they’d be able to print names on tickets as they’d already be produced. Likeliest scenario is a collection point with photo ID needed. 

• Thanks 1

City have confirmed that their allocation of tickets will be distributed based on away priority points, benefiting supporters who have been following the club around the country most frequently over the past few seasons. The club are due to announce more details soon.

Fans receiving tickets from the club will have to pay for their seat, while the 9,500 tickets to local residents and key workers will be complimentary, and will allow for a named guest to also attend.

22 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I disagree with this, If it was a normal final then i'd agree they'd be being sold on Ticketmaster or a similar type of company.

But with the restrictions in place, priorities being took into account and the allocation only being 6,000 this'll be treated as an away game would therefore I think the club will be sorting and distributing the tickets.

As i've said earlier, I agree with how tickets will be distributed based on priorities and it being the fairest way, P1 will be all guaranteed tickets but after that I see it getting abit messy and having to go through the priorities on a ballot - I see no other fair way, something the club need to do surely instead of letting another company get involved.

Edit - Bert's just made a good point and it's perhaps where you were coming from and I misunderstood in the point that the tickets will have already been produced.

Edited by Matt

I understand NHS staff getting their tickets paid for, but local residents? lol 

What a farce. I thought they'd be tempted to have a 5% ballot so "Influential fans" can rig their tickets. 

Even though I'll more than likely miss out, away priority is the only sensible solution.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

City have confirmed that their allocation of tickets will be distributed based on away priority points, benefiting supporters who have been following the club around the country most frequently over the past few seasons. The club are due to announce more details soon.

Fans receiving tickets from the club will have to pay for their seat, while the 9,500 tickets to local residents and key workers will be complimentary, and will allow for a named guest to also attend.

I don't fully agree with that, why are locals being given free tickets? Can't object to NHS staff for instance, but locals annoys me. Named guest also doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 2