Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

1 hour ago, bluefox1 said:

City have confirmed that their allocation of tickets will be distributed based on away priority points, benefiting supporters who have been following the club around the country most frequently over the past few seasons. The club are due to announce more details soon.

Fans receiving tickets from the club will have to pay for their seat, while the 9,500 tickets to local residents and key workers will be complimentary, and will allow for a named guest to also attend.

Apparently the amount of people contacting the club for either favours or media passes was ridiculous for the semi, expect this to be no different. Club were pretty firm for the semi so think they'll be pretty good about this one.

There's no perfect solution but away points is probably the best- of course circumstances play a part and we've all got reasons why we can't go more often but those that do put their money up and build up the status. Had this situation arisen in 2010 or 2013 and we'd reached the play-off final, I'd have probably been one of the 6k. Now I'll miss out but that's the way it goes. I'm one of many- 18k STHs and members plus more won't get in.

I hope everyone who is eligible and able to go can get there and in the future far more of us can get to a cup final.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Depends how many of those 6k make it too fans. Club officials and sponsors. Box holders etc will no doubt all be on the case.

I'd be shocked if we see more than 4000 make sale. And as the club never actually tell us how many points holders in each tier there are its all guess work. I'd be looking at the smaller allocations such as brugge, Bournemouth, Newport etc as to a guide to how far it will get.

I'm on 430 and I know there's people with more than that. Those coach 1 lot that never miss a game etc, and I reckon there's at least 500 still on the away scheme as such. I dropped of it in 17 because I only wanted CL tickets as a priority that season. Couldn't afford every away game.

I’m still on that away scheme which technically now isn’t a scheme just a day or half day before P1 in the ticket queue but I haven’t got many more points than you, yes I missed 3 games last season and only 2 the one before so I’d guess you’re not far off coach 1’ers in points yourself, I reckon 450 is about tops if you have attended every single game.

Saying that the amount on maximum points must be a few dozen at most. 

All guess work of course.

52 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

it wouldn't surprise me if you had to leave from the KP or something similar and that transport will be included in your ticket. As others have said this is a government event to test to see if its OK for bigger crowds in the future i would be quite surprised if they don't just create two fan zones at Wembley and you are ushered into there and then straight back out after. They are not going to want fans to rock up half cut whilst trying to sort out covid passes etc. I cant see them letting people go to local pubs etc as obviously the rule of 6 and out door will still be in force then to. 

I’d be beyond surprised if you’re made to collect from Leicester. Most likely scenario is a pick up point around the stadium. 

You would suspect that a fair proportion of the local NHS staff who apply for tickets will be chelsea supporters. add to that the guests that local residents take will pretty much all be chelsea fans. i reckon out of the 22k, 7k will be city fans and 12k chelsea.(in that ratio). the balance fa nobs .........

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Apparently the amount of people contacting the club for either favours or media passes was ridiculous for the semi, expect this to be no different. Club were pretty firm for the semi so think they'll be pretty good about this one.

Not so sure. The club didn’t get an allocation for the semis, but they have a final. I’d be surprised if a chunk didn’t go to staff, families and maybe even sponsors.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You would suspect that a fair proportion of the local NHS staff who apply for tickets will be chelsea supporters. add to that the guests that local residents take will pretty much all be chelsea fans. i reckon out of the 22k, 7k will be city fans and 12k chelsea.(in that ratio). the balance fa nobs .........

I agree. But in a way, it might not be a bad thing and suit the players, feeling as if they have a huge away support instead of a.bland 50/50

As for FA tix, The chairman of my workplace is an FA 'nob'....so I emailed him earlier on the scrounge, despite the fact he hasn't the foggiest who i am. 🤞

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any ideas how Brent residents apply? I'll engineer a row with the missus and spend a week on the piss at my mates in Willesden Green

They received an email asking them to apply. They could take one guest outside of their household if they wanted too.

31 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Not so sure. The club didn’t get an allocation for the semis, but they have a final. I’d be surprised if a chunk didn’t go to staff, families and maybe even sponsors.

Don’t staff and families get 6 tickets each? 

The other thing where things get dodgy and confusing is people you go with, so for example I understood the ballot for proposed games should we have been allowed to home games this season would be based on linked account, so if 1 person in your group (Linked account) got a pulled out in the ballot the rest of that group got a ticket also - have I understood that correct?

Will that be the same in this case (Providing they have adequate Priorities obviously) or will there be loads of people going on their todd because the people they usually go with unfortunately didn't get a ticket?

Obviously we need to know if this is going to a ballot (After P1 or the remaining Priority numbers) before we can answer these question.

As i've said throughout P1's will be guaranteed a ticket and the people the usually go with you would assume would also be P1's. Once it passes P1 I think this gets very messy.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

The other thing where things get dodgy and confusing is people you go with, so for example I understood the ballot for proposed games should we have been allowed to home games this season would be based on linked account, so if 1 person in your group (Linked account) got a pulled out in the ballot the rest of that group got a ticket also - have I understood that correct?

Will that be the same in this case (Providing they have adequate Priorities obviously) or will there be loads of people going on their todd because the people they usually go with unfortunately didn't get a ticket?

Obviously we need to know if this is going to a ballot (After P1 or the remaining Priority numbers) before we can answer these question.

As i've said throughout P1's will be guaranteed a ticket and the people the usually go with you would assume would also be P1's. Once it passes P1 I think this gets very messy.

Why does it get messy?

11 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

Why does it get messy?

Basically after P1 I think there are potentially more P2's than tickets available (And if it goes past P2, there are without doubt more P3's than ticket will be available), I cannot see how they do this on a first come, first serve basis - website would crash, phone lines mad, unnecessary queuing in Covid times, therefore the only fair way I see then is a ballot.

I'm not saying this to give me more of a chance because I think i'm probably P3 - Possibly P2 but very much doubt it but its the way I see it.

I'm also not slagging off the system of going by priorities, it's the fairest and only way of doing, I just think as you scrape away the top priorities (Who undoubtedly deserve to go - that's not even up for debate) you then have to ballot.

To add to that, the points i've made above in that if 1 person get a ticket if they have someone with a linked account (Someone who they usually go with) if 1 of those 2 for example get a ticket with the other also be able to get a ticket (Provided they have adequate priority) which ultimately (And its more than fair enough) cuts the number of tickets using that process.

I'm think i'm making a hash of explaining myself.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Do have a Facebook friend (ex husband of a ex friend of the ex wife!) who lives in a flat right next to Wembley....hmmm! :D

My two Brent resident friends haven't had an email that supposedly all Brent residents were sent to apply for tickets should they want to. Not sure what the gig is.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Basically after P1 I think there are potentially more P2's than tickets available (And if it goes past P2, there are without doubt more P3's than ticket will be available), I cannot see how they do this on a first come, first serve basis - website would crash, phone lines mad, unnecessary queuing in Covid times, therefore the only fair way I see then is a ballot.

I'm not saying this to give me more of a chance because I think i'm probably P3 - Possible P2 but very much doubt it but its the way I see it.

I'm also not slagging off the system of going by priorities, it's the fairest and only way of doing, I just think as you scrape away the top priorities you then have to ballot.

To add to that, the points i've made above in that if 1 person get a ticket if they have someone with a linked account (Someone who they usually go with) if 1 of those 2 for example get a ticket with the other also be able to get a ticket (Provided they have adequate priority) which ultimately (And its more than fair enough) cuts the number of tickets using that process.

I'm think i'm making a hash of explaining myself.

Do you not just narrow the P2 requirements then?

So say day 1 = 360+
Day 2 AM 350+
Day 2 PM 340+ etc.

At 329 points it has only really been the Bournemouth and the lower allocation of tickets we have missed out on..

WBA I remember was popular one year and we missed out with a 3k allocation..

Edited by Rigga

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Do you not just narrow the P2 requirements then?

So say day 1 = 360+
Day 2 AM 350+
Day 2 PM 340+ etc.

Fair point, hadn't considered that :crylaugh:

I'm just used to seeing the big gaps within priorities when looking at away games.

I still fear for the website and ticket office when it all goes into action, especially with the time restraints as the days get closer.

I'll never forget staying up till midnight for Arsenal away tickets only for the website to go offline.

Edited by Matt

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My two Brent resident friends haven't had an email that supposedly all Brent residents were sent to apply for tickets should they want to. Not sure what the gig is.

I don't know if you first had to register an interest before it was announced? Which sort of makes sense because otherwise where/how are the Council gonna know everybody's email address.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nailed on that LCFC Supporters Club, Brent (est. 1989) will suddenly become big news as thousands of fans show their allegiance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't know if you first had to register an interest before it was announced? Which sort of makes sense because otherwise where/how are the Council gonna know everybody's email address.

There was a link to register interest for the semi final but not the final

• Like 1