Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox

3-4-1-2

That leaves Madison Out, if anything it's Barnes who it may not suit as he's unlikely to be considered a wing back so that no.10 role is a way in if we didn't already have a top drawer one. Long term if Barnes could play in any of those front three roles in that system with a view to negating the eventual loss of Vardy and for now pick 3 from 4 it could work but I see us alternating between systems so Barnes will get plenty of LW appearances and Madison will start games. Yes it seems impossible to drop Mr 5 goals in 2 Nacho at the moment but at the top level you see the likes of Aguero, Mane, Rashford on clubs benches, over a season they'll all get plenty of game time and we'll have big name in form players on the bench but switching to a 4-2-1-3 whilst Nacho is red hot seems hard to imagine at the moment

Edited by fazzyfox

39 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Seeing how we have played this formation in the last few games (and played so well), if we have everyone available how would we line up? 

Id go for:

kasper

fofana

evans

soyunco

ricardo

ndidi 

tielemens

justin 

barnes

ian

vardy

Castange over Ricardo.

Madders over Barnes.

Castange is an underrated quality player. I love Ricky and before his knee he would be a shoe in, but since he’s come back he’s not looked anywhere near his prime.

Castange has been at Lb which he isn’t naturally as comfortable and has done brilliantly. Our record with him at Lb is 2nd to none. He’s just so underrated.

Justin on this seasons form has to be in too.

All in peak that I’ve seen:

Ricardo RB Justin LB.

Before this season I’d of gone:

Ricardo RB Castange LB.

Now after what I’ve seen:

Castange RB Justin LB.

Madders over Barnes 100% in that position.

Barnes would be incredibly unlucky and has been arguably one of our top 3 players this year but in this formation it would have to be hun dropping out.

54 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Seeing how we have played this formation in the last few games (and played so well), if we have everyone available how would we line up? 

Id go for:

kasper

fofana

evans

soyunco

ricardo

ndidi 

tielemens

justin 

barnes

ian

vardy

kasper

fofana

evans

soyunco

ricardo

ndidi 

tielemens

justin 

Maddison

ian

barnes

If nothing else when everyone is fit it’ll make it easier to rotate and still have people playing in their best positions as well as changing a game to more attacking or defensive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steven said:

kasper

fofana

evans

soyunco

ricardo

ndidi 

tielemens

justin 

Maddison

ian

barnes

I'd like to think that eventually Barnes could take over from Vardy but at the moment, despite him not scoring,  Vardy is still undroppable. He gets the best out of Iheanacho and he plays a part in nearly every goal we score either directly or indirectly. If we can get Vardy back amongst the goals, that front 2 of him and Iheanacho will be lethal. 

• Thanks 1

Actually think a combination of Barnes and Iheanacho could work as a strike partnership in this 3-4-1-2 Brendan has crafted. 

Vardy often finds himself in wide areas and moving into the channels when playing with Perez in the 10 and Seniorman. That is perfect for Barnes, he can stretch teams in behind with his pace but also the drifting out to the left hand side could end up with him having 1 on 1 dribble opportunities against an out of position centre back whilst running directly on goal.

Brendan always says he thinks Barnes best position is as a left winger but personally I could see Barnes developing into a Thierry Henry style forward, starting centrally and drifting out wide to attack the box from the wing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Id go for:

kasper

fofana

evans

soyunco

ricardo

ndidi 

tielemens

justin 

barnes

ian

vardy

No sorry, that's ****ing awful. 2 fullbacks playing in the wingers role and no Maddison. Harvey's great but not as a number 10. We'd have 80% possession and lose most matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No sorry, that's ****ing awful. 2 fullbacks playing in the wingers role and no Maddison. Harvey's great but not as a number 10. We'd have 80% possession and lose most matches.

So Setup it cant be...We're played with similar Set up & selection before...

I like this setup, and it really suits the players we have available. The last 2 games have produced some of the best football we’ve seen all season!

The back 3 are immense, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Tarkowski finally come in in the summer so that he and Evans could potentially rotate if playing a 3 regularly, especially if we have European football to contend with too.

Perez and Iheanacho are like new players in this system, absolutely brilliant to see.

It’s also wonderful to see the options we have with regards to formations now, I’ve never been so confident in a city side to play multiple ways to such a good level!

37 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They are very attacking fullbacks to be fair. And Barnes can be given the opportunity to float between the lines which I think could make him even better, collecting the ball on the half turn and driving at a defence. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

They are very attacking fullbacks to be fair. And Barnes can be given the opportunity to float between the lines which I think could make him even better, collecting the ball on the half turn and driving at a defence. 

I have to say I don’t think Barnes has the first touch or the feet to play behind two strikers. I think he can play wide and cut in or even play as a striker but he doesn’t have in my opinion the feet and range of passing yet to play there. He would however start for me on the left all day long.

It seems to work especially better with this back three, and also think it's allowed us to get Vardy and Iheanacho together which is bringing the best from both of them.

Iheanacho's in absolutely absurd form at the minute. He's been brilliant. Undroppable.

3 hours ago, shailen said:

I'd go 4-2-3-1 with a fully fit team and rotate between Soyuncu and Fofana with a fully fit team. 

Kasper

Castange 

Evans

Soyuncu/Fofana

Justin

Ndidi

Tielemans 

Maddison 

Iheanacho 

Barnes 

Vardy 

I'd go for a similar lineup just with a 4-2-2-2

Kasper

Pereira Evans Soyuncu/Fofana Justin

Ndidi Tielemans

Maddison                    Barnes

Vardy Iheanacho

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Devohn said:

I'd go for a similar lineup just with a 4-2-2-2

Kasper

Pereira Evans Soyuncu/Fofana Justin

Ndidi Tielemans

Maddison                    Barnes

Vardy Iheanacho

Think this is going to be the way forward in games where we're more likely to be in control (i.e. against lower half opposition) where the 3atb isn't as necessary, with the extra defender brought on against opposition that poses more of a threat. Probably at the expense of Barnes/Maddison (or even Tielemans, with JM dropping back). Could quite easily swap Praet into the side as well.

Nice that we can switch between the 3 different systems - 4222, 3412, 4231 - with just one substitution, so plenty of opportunity for in-game adjustments depending on the opposition.