Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

23 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It was extensively discussed on here by both sides, what are you talking about?

My apologies, I don't mean ignore it as in not discuss it, I mean ignore it in the sense of not giving a moneys about it and still thinking jezza was the second coming of (obviously non-Jewish) jesus. :D

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The question how did we end up with johnson vs corbyn is one I've struggled to answer for a while. I'm glad those closest to it also wondered how the ****s it's happened to.

I can't see Starmer vs whoever (after Boris resigns, is pushed out) being any better. Corbyn may get a lot of stick, but he was one of the few more genuine politicians still around.

Cummings is no hero by any means (far from it), but it's good to hear someone talk more truth than lies (and yes, he has little to lose), which not a single person currently in charge can do.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

My apologies, I don't mean ignore it as in not discuss it, I mean ignore it in the sense of not giving a moneys about it and still thinking jezza was the second coming of (obviously non-Jewish) jesus. :D

Seriously what are you talking about?  It's like you don't even read what people write on here and just substitute your own preconceptions of what 'the left' think.

• Like 2

We all knew Cummings was going to give Boris a booting, but I was surprised how much guilt he was willing to attribute to himself. Clearly realises his time in mainstream politics is up and is willing to take the bad press to get his side of the story out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

We all knew Cummings was going to give Boris a booting, but I was surprised how much guilt he was willing to attribute to himself. Clearly realises his time in mainstream politics is up and is willing to take the bad press to get his side of the story out.

Being cynical, if someone - such as Cummings - publicly accepts a lot of blame for their part in an enterprise, it gives added credibility to their accusations against others....allowing them to maximise the vengeful damage they can do! :D

That said (and with the proviso that I've only seen summaries of Cummings' comments), has he really said anything that surprising about Johnson and mates? He seems to have come up with a few colourful elements that he knows will be food and drink to parts of the media (Johnson wanting to get a Covid injection on live TV, stuff about Carrie etc.). But we already knew the fundamentals of the govt's shambolic, vaccilating and irresponsible Covid response last year, which cost many lives and a lot of damage and heartache, didn't we?

However, the vaccine rollout has gone well, lockdown is gradually ending.....and people have moved on and are looking forward. I don't think most people will care much about all Cummings' accusations, unfortunately (despite most of the accusations probably being true, despite his dodgy motives of revenge).

So, we'll continue with a PM who is not a fit person to hold high office.....until such time as he does something else bad that affects sufficient people who remember it enough to get rid of him. I'm not holding my breath, sadly....

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Seriously what are you talking about?  It's like you don't even read what people write on here and just substitute your own preconceptions of what 'the left' think.

Or you substitute what others on "the left" think with your own preconceptions.

There were plenty on here defending jezza/labour and dismissing anti-semitism claims. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The question how did we end up with johnson vs corbyn is one I've struggled to answer for a while. I'm glad those closest to it also wondered how the ****s it's happened to.

Whilst he's right the whole 'I'm not smart. Little old me' rings very hollow. He's clearly a clever man. He's clearly adept at manipulation. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One should imply the other. You can't trust Johnson if he's the man who pinned his support to the untrustworthy Cummings so wholly. 

I distrust all politicians for the record. 

11 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Or you substitute what others on "the left" think with your own preconceptions.

There were plenty on here defending jezza/labour and dismissing anti-semitism claims. :D

You're going to have to provide your sources here.  I've tried searching the site for various spellings of the term and I can't find anyone straight up dismissing antisemitism claims or defending Corbyn's handling of the problem.

I can find a then-prominent conservative poster saying Islamophobia is "a bullshit term and it's purpose is to stifle criticism of the religion" when asked why they didn't share the same zeal for solving that particular issue so that's something to think about in the light of this latest information.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst he's right the whole 'I'm not smart. Little old me' rings very hollow. He's clearly a clever man. He's clearly adept at manipulation. 

Completely. He obviously is clever enough to understand what people actually think rather than looking at the odd poll.

Politics is a ****ing horror show in this country.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

For someone that said polls were shit you certainly like to use them a lot. Especially the one owned by the tories. 

Not to mention, who did they even survey? Most decent people have been at work and probably only caught the watered down 10 minutes worth of coverage on the BBC 6pm news. Make everybody watch the 7 hours of footage and then survey them. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're going to have to provide your sources here.  I've tried searching the site for various spellings of the term and I can't find anyone straight up dismissing antisemitism claims or defending Corbyn's handling of the problem.

I can find a then-prominent conservative poster saying Islamophobia is "a bullshit term and it's purpose is to stifle criticism of the religion" when asked why they didn't share the same zeal for solving that particular issue so that's something to think about in the light of this latest information.

I tried searching for a couple of minutes.

Saw at least 2 people dismissing antisemitism claims and 3 or 4 people liking said dismissals. 

Can't quote from old locked topics and don't particularly want to rekindle long finished beef, both because I find it all rather tedius and I'm not sure babbling on over my lame joke is worth wasting time on. :D

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I tried searching for a couple of minutes.

Saw at least 2 people dismissing antisemitism claims and 3 or 4 people liking said dismissals. 

Can't quote from old locked topics and don't particularly want to rekindle long finished beef, both because I find it all rather tedius and I'm not sure babbling on over my lame joke is worth wasting time on. :D

...Yet you still looked it up to prove that you're correct.  I guess we've no choice but to take your noble word for it.

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

For someone that said polls were shit you certainly like to use them a lot. Especially the one owned by the tories. 

Hmmm. Don't think I ever said polls are shit. Might have said most politicians are shit.

And pretty sure I post from all the pollsters, not just the one you think is Tory owned.

Anyway, sorry if the polls trigger you or others on here. I'm sure they'll swing back the way you want before too long, that's the nature of politics, every dog has its day etc

Given that the data for the poll above was gathered BEFORE Cummings' 'revelations', how do we think an updated poll would look now? Given by how things have been, a couple more points for the Tories, I expect.

You know that thing when the right wing media pile on to a left wing politician or commentator, asking why does so and so hate Britain so much?  At the minute it feels like the electorate hate Britain more than anyone. Think I'll try it myself, will probably make things easier

• Like 2
  • Haha 2