Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So basically @Dahnsouff is a Spurs fan and just simply wanted Poch to do better for them, and because he didn't, he holds a massive grudge and hates the man :ph34r:

To @StanSP 

For services rendered

6270A9DB-36EC-4911-94DB-A9D63EDEBA8C.jpeg.d8261f3774b12e780fd5773fc93d078f.jpeg

Yours Sincerely

@Dahnsouff

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I agree that ultimately he'd be too expensive for us but that first point is insane. He turned Spurs from "will they / won't they qualify" into a bonafide Champions League side, reaching the final with them, he's part of the reason people refer to a Big 6 with Spurs included. Didn't spend a fortune there either.

PSG was a bit of a damp squib but to say he's done nothing since Southampton is ludicrous.

Yes, granted he took them to the Champions league final, But if memory serves me right they got a pretty easy ride to the rounds until the final.

He failed at PSG despite plenty to spend. Which indicates he maay not be good at dealing with high profile players.

He did do an excellent job at Southampton though without winning anything. Puel did an even better job and took them to the a league cup final. and a top ten finish. And he took Lyon to a Champions lge Semi final and Lille to a Europe intertoto cup win, So what does that make him. 

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, granted he took them to the Champions league final, But if memory serves me right they got a pretty easy ride to the rounds until the final.

He failed at PSG despite plenty to spend. Which indicates he maay not be good at dealing with high profile players.

He did do an excellent job at Southampton though without winning anything. Puel did an even better job and took them to the a league cup final. and a top ten finish. And he took Lyon to a Champions lge Semi final and Lille to a Europe intertoto cup win, So what does that make him. 

Okay, goalposts shifted then, finals don't count. I've conceded his time at PSG wasn't great but they're (or were) a basket case behind the scenes. 

Puel took over a very stable and solid Premier League squad with some good players, Pochettino took over one with relegation peering over their shoulder. Not a very fair comparison in this instance.

There are plenty of managers better than Claude Puel who've won fewer trophies than Claude Puel. 

7 minutes ago, J. James said:

Inspired by Vacamion on the Fofana thread.

Brendan, Brendan

Make my day

Pack your kit and

Go away

Yes, we'll miss you

(thats a lie)

But truth be told

The end is nigh

When you've gone

We'll shed a tear

But Brendan please...

Just disappear

Take an aircraft

Take a train

spend some time

In sunny Spain

Take a taxi

Take a truck

Dearest Brendan

SLING YER HOOK!

Not quite Ryan Giggs' Totem Pole standard.  

9 hours ago, Thebluefox85 said:

thing is i honestly believe Top and the board think Brendan is a Pep/Klopp standard elite manager, he aint hes far from it how he goes on about young players and he looks for talent but signs Bertrand,vesty and perez. sad thing is he aint going anywhere anytime soon i think its going to take alot for him to be sacked and then the ridiculous contract we put him on! so now hes pretty much impossible to sack because its going to cost so much to get rid of him and i guarantee they dont want to pay him off! 

God help us as to where we'll be if he stays that long, surely better to get rid now, you'll have to pay either way, doing it now or fairly soon, would help us more in the long run.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Okay, goalposts shifted then, finals don't count. I've conceded his time at PSG wasn't great but they're (or were) a basket case behind the scenes. 

Puel took over a very stable and solid Premier League squad with some good players, Pochettino took over one with relegation peering over their shoulder. Not a very fair comparison in this instance.

There are plenty of managers better than Claude Puel who've won fewer trophies than Claude Puel. 

You can't dismiss achievements, there the whole purpose of competition.

But I do agree there are good manager who never won anything over the years.

It's all about opinions, I just think Potch is over rated and Puel is better than many on here give him credit for.

He won't be back here but I doubt we will see Potch either as he'd be too expensive. Given our finances I think the Club might give Brendan until

the end of the season unless we have a complete collapse. 

That gives us a chance to reset everything and go again with a new Manager and better finances.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I am Brendan Rodgers and have been posting on this forum anonymously for ten years. Having seen you're post @cropstonfoxI have just realised the strength of feeling against me and decided to out myself for all other posters to see. I have handed in my resignation to Top in the last few minutes. Farewell everyone.

Best thing you've done since you've been here.why did it take you so long you little

....t?

8 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Best thing you've done since you've been here.why did it take you so long you little

....t?

I only realised my position was untenable having read your impassioned post calling for me to go. It's devastation and succintness was, for me, only rivalled by Sir Geoffrey Howe's resignation speech to the House of Commons in 1990 which I of course saw in my formative years as an Ulster schoolboy.

• Haha 1

Sherwood on the SSN panel tonight baffled by those wanting Rodgers out. Saying how he’s not being backed financially and he needs to add a few players. Doesn’t mention how he’s in a position unable to buy anyone due to signing the likes of Vestergaard. 

6 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Sherwood on the SSN panel tonight baffled by those wanting Rodgers out. Saying how he’s not being backed financially and he needs to add a few players. Doesn’t mention how he’s in a position unable to buy anyone due to signing the likes of Vestergaard. 

Meanwhile Gerrard needs a result according to Sherwood.

I'm not saying he doesn't, but if he's sitting there telling everyone Gerrard's in trouble, Rodgers is certainly in trouble.

To quote Sherwood -

“it’s a difficult period for Brendan, he’s obviously very loyal to that football club. He had options to leave, he decided to stay, but he couldn’t surely have imagined the turnaround in players and how weak they are now” 

Have I missed something? We’ve let Kasper go. That’s all. We’re in theory stronger than this time last year due to having a near full fit squad. Did Brendan have genuine options to leave? 

“Now I hear people talking about he’s not good enough, he should leave. What a load of nonsense. It’s an impossible task for

him at the moment, he’s working with what he’s got”

He’s made this an impossible task. Brendan, the great manipulator.

Edited by Trumpet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trumpet said:

To quote Sherwood -

“it’s a difficult period for Brendan, he’s obviously very loyal to that football club. He had options to leave, he decided to stay, but he couldn’t surely have imagined the turnaround in players and how weak they are now” 

Have I missed something? We’ve let Kasper go. That’s all. We’re in theory stronger than this time last year due to having a near full fit squad. Did Brendan have genuine options to leave? 

“Now I hear people talking about he’s not good enough, he should leave. What a load of nonsense. It’s an impossible task for

him at the moment, he’s working with what he’s got”

He’s made this an impossible task. Brendan, the great manipulator.

The media love Brendan and will spin it so no matter what happens its the clubs fault. He stays and the results stay shit, not his fault as he didn't get any new signings. We sack him, not his fault as he wasn't given enough time and wasn't given any new signings. The media only have knowledge on the big clubs. They will quite happily ignore the fact we've have been shite under Rodgers for around 18 months. The back end of 20-21 season we were wretched and then last season we were crap but scraped 8th as the rest of the league were also dreadful. He was given a chance as our injury list last season was horrific but now he's just failing miserably and doesn't even seem to care. The media love him and it won't change. We will be the bad guys in the media no matter what happens. 

• Like 2