Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one has posted on his thread, so here goes.... So just read that the board of Arsenal want Brendan over Conte for various reasons maybe wanting a manager who will last acouple of seasons and build things not just want to spend 100's of millions. I think it might suit Brendan a club like Arsenal, he just hasn't got it to manage the very elite clubs. Maybe it's his best chance to manage a so called top 6 club and feels he should of gone for the Spurs job. Maybe he feels that with Leicester with the recent success it's as far as he can go with the club. Today I actually don't mind if he leaves, if his heart isn't in the club, maybe the players know it to and they have 'downed tools' judging by the no desire football yesterday. If he goes I think we should go for the Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou  who has his team playing great attacting exciting football, let's get him before s club like Southampton poach him.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If he goes I think we should go for the Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou  who has his team playing great attacting exciting football, let's get him before s club like Southampton poach him.

He's only been at Celtic for 5 minutes.  We've had a bad result and it is all doom and gloom, if it continues for 10 matches then we fans can start a conversation about what has happened to our team etc.

4 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

He's only been at Celtic for 5 minutes.  We've had a bad result and it is all doom and gloom, if it continues for 10 matches then we fans can start a conversation about what has happened to our team etc.

Don't think Arsenal are going to wait until Leicester have played 10 matches for them to sack Arteta and hire Rogers. I'm not saying sack Rogers but if he wants to go to Arsenal then let him go.

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Don't think Arsenal are going to wait until Leicester have played 10 matches for them to sack Arteta and hire Rogers. I'm not saying sack Rogers but if he wants to go to Arsenal then let him go.

You obviously think Rodgers is an idiot and a moron. He's not.

58 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Surprised no one has posted on his thread, so here goes.... So just read that the board of Arsenal want Brendan over Conte for various reasons maybe wanting a manager who will last acouple of seasons and build things not just want to spend 100's of millions. I think it might suit Brendan a club like Arsenal, he just hasn't got it to manage the very elite clubs. Maybe it's his best chance to manage a so called top 6 club and feels he should of gone for the Spurs job. Maybe he feels that with Leicester with the recent success it's as far as he can go with the club. Today I actually don't mind if he leaves, if his heart isn't in the club, maybe the players know it to and they have 'downed tools' judging by the no desire football yesterday. If he goes I think we should go for the Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou  who has his team playing great attacting exciting football, let's get him before s club like Southampton poach him.

Im  assuming that this is sarcasm, very funny indeed.

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Anyone who would be ‘happy’ for BR to leave isn’t a true Leicester fan. He’s done wonders for our club and we are far better off with him than without him. 

I don’t get how anybody would want him to leave.. who else is there? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Not one chance of me wanting him to leave but I do wish he would stop persisting with defenders playing it back and forth at the back lol 

Last night was an absolute sxxt show between Cags and Amartey. If Wes was there it would have been a different story. He's not and there's no one left who can pass out from the back with confidence and defend worth a sxxt. It is what it is .

Just now, An Sionnach said:

I respect Ulstermen for their toughness and intelligence but they are as stubborn as a mule. I think some of Brendan's tactics are past their sell by date. Will he ditch them ? I'm not holding my breath.

Here we go.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

"Downed tools". It was one game. Just like Bournemouth was one game the other season.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Super nugget award

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Toxic to want him to go, just absolute nonsense but he has to take the blame for what happened yesterday. We were set up wrong from the off and got battered as a result, he needs to try something different against imposing, tall teams or I fear that'll keep happening. 

I think West Ham have now set the template for how non-'big 6' teams can go about nullifying and beating a Brendan Rodgers team, and it is going to be copied a lot. He's going to get a lot more of what WHU did last night. It's now up to him to make the necessary adjustments.

• Like 3

I'm getting a bit concerned that people are unironically counting the Community Shield as a trophy. You should only do this when it suits you in arguments with fans of other clubs.

Edited by ealingfox

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Nah, I think it’s a pretty big achievement in context of where we are as a club to be honest. 

50 years since the last one so why not count it? 

Because the game isn't played under competitive rules. Appearances and goals etc don't count towards official records. Its no more a proper trophy than the thing we were apparently playing Burton for.

Don't get me wrong you'd rather win it than not, as with every game, but you can't go round saying we've won two trophies under Rodgers lol

• Like 2

I’d never doubt what he’s won here and how he evolved the style from Puel, and got us challenging the elite, and my gripe isn’t with Rodgers as such, it’s the style of Tika taka full stop… I hate it… I’ve never liked it or wanted it.
I just don’t get the obsession for possession and scoring a perfectly ‘coached’ goal over something more off the cuff or direct. Yes Pep came over and showed us the ‘right way’ (sigh) and it seems Rodgers fancies himself as a Spaniard in a Northern Irish mans body, but unless you have elite players in every position, suited to that, it looks… boring. Really boring. I wanted Puel gone because of this possession obsession. 

So as much as my frustration boils over to Rodgers out sometimes 🤣 it’s not Rodgers, it’s the style… I just don’t like watching it. That’s my opinion and it’s not right or wrong. 

• Like 3