Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Lot of raw emotion after games but I fully back him. A consistent improvement on each season is a positive approach and one where we'll eventually reach the promised land and have long-term sustainability.

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

What kind of managers do you exactly think we could attract that could take us up a level from what Rodgers has achieved with us so far? And try to be a realistic.

I asked this last week, or shortly before the FA Cup I think. 

I never got a response lol

To give them the benefit of the doubt, I'll say they're still trying to look for a realistic option... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

Mixed feelings about him.

The lack of sideline passions is a worry for me. He is not a Kloop, Pep and Tuchel. You don't get any emotions out of him except his chewing movements. 

He is traditionalist and I don't like it. He preferred below average Perez and inconsistent  Madders to Belgium national team player Praet and Seria A Champions League player Under in every game didn't consider rotating the team whatsoever.This was a no no for me. This is not a forward thinking mentality. Man City, Man Utd and other top teams lasted better than us because of healthy team rotations.

Super happy that we have the FA Cup but anyone understands football could see that we owe that cup to a bit of luck and Kasper's saves. We were far from the dominant sides.

He can leave and really don't give a damn really because I know Top will get us a champion coach next time.

I know there are many BR cheerleaders out there not going like what I say here but I believe we could have done far better this season if our team and game management would have handled better.

He has explained why he is enthusiastic and claps, it’s comes from his time working through the youth setups and witnessing the negative impact parents etc had from the sidelines. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Your also asking for Amartey to try and help look after Harry Kane which is a terrifying thought. The decision of the substitution in isolation I don't think he had many options in all honesty.

Selection, tactics and all that aside though it was heinous not being able to see that game out.

....the only problem is that Kane had the run of the park!!!

He had far too much freedom, he did not have to work too much for. Wilf's job is to cover the back four and it would have been beneficial for him to have played in his natural position and support Amartey in that capacity.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I asked this last week, or shortly before the FA Cup I think. 

I never got a response lol

To give them the benefit of the doubt, I'll say they're still trying to look for a realistic option... 

I think we did eventually get one response to someone who said to replace him and it included the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Dyche etc. ffs lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think we did eventually get one response to someone who said to replace him and it included the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Dyche etc. ffs lol

Might as well chuck Tim Sherwood into the list while we're at it

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It seems like Tottenham are a poisoned chalice behind the scenes, with Levy etc.

Rodgers is very much secure here, at a much better well-run club.

He'll be risking the good reputation should he leave for them.

And be sacked after a season potentially

11 hours ago, turlo said:

Full post match press conf:

At 6 mins he responds to the question about fans being worried that players or Rodgers could leave. his exact words were "they have no worries about myself, i absolutely love it here at Leicester City"

So is he hinting that we should be worried about someone else? :ph34r:

Edited by WigstonWanderer

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

He has explained why he is enthusiastic and claps, it’s comes from his time working through the youth setups and witnessing the negative impact parents etc had from the sidelines. 

people who think anger / shouting / berating and general negativity are some sort of magic 'kick up the arse' motivation technique are well off the mark and most likely haven't had to manage anything more than a sandwich at lunchtime throughout their entire life. 

that might work for some people or occasionally but anger isn't the be all when it comes to getting results from people - far from it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Mixed feelings about him.

The lack of sideline passions is a worry for me. He is not a Kloop, Pep and Tuchel. You don't get any emotions out of him except his chewing movements. 

He is traditionalist and I don't like it. He preferred below average Perez and inconsistent  Madders to Belgium national team player Praet and Seria A Champions League player Under in every game didn't consider rotating the team whatsoever.This was a no no for me. This is not a forward thinking mentality. Man City, Man Utd and other top teams lasted better than us because of healthy team rotations.

Super happy that we have the FA Cup but anyone understands football could see that we owe that cup to a bit of luck and Kasper's saves. We were far from the dominant sides.

He can leave and really don't give a damn really because I know Top will get us a champion coach next time.

I know there are many BR cheerleaders out there not going like what I say here but I believe we could have done far better this season if our team and game management would have handled better.

Reading your posts your feelings don't appear to be mixed at all. Just in that post above your banging on about all his shortcomings and basically discrediting his part in the FA cup win.

Who is this champion coach you speak of that would have A: came to the club in the first place and B: exceeded Rodgers achievements with a net spend of £9m?

He's not without his faults but some people need to get an absolute grip on here with regards him. I'd hate to have been on here when Puel was around given the mental level of entitledness at times.

FWIW Under is not a champions league level player, despite the odd fleeting appearance at that level years ago. He's been papped out on loan because he's not part of the plans of a club who just scraped into the UEFA conference league. We're talking about a guy here who has never been able to be a regular starter anywhere he's been. Roma will be trying their damnest to get rid of him again next season which tells it's own story.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Leicester’s second best season, and people are questioning Rodgers? Lol.

The narrative this entire season has been that Leicester have been blighted by injuries, and that ultimately proved our undoing. However, despite that the club won a trophy and finished fifth - that’s pretty damn good going!

Reinvention has been the theme of this season, and Rodgers has done a fantastic job of that given the circumstances.

Even at full-strength, the team has clearly identifiable weaknesses and they still did really bloody good. There’s a good foundation to build on with the right signings.

I know.. and im starting to question this forum.

At the end of the previous season I was a little worried about what would happen this season. Well I think we have had an amazing season when you consider the alarming slide from the season before. More points and an FA Cup win for the first time ever despite one of the worst injury lists in the league. Have we even been able to put a full strength line up out for more than a few games? 

Fifth place after spending nearly all season in the top 4 on the face of it looks disappointing but we ran out of fit players at the end and that has been our downfall. 

There is so much to be positive about, much more so than before. All of our younger players will be another year older and wiser and hopefully we can get Ricardo and Justin fully back from their knee injuries. We have just signed a mega money deal with a sponsor and European football again. 

We desperately need a right midfielder/winger and upgrades on Mendy and Choudhury. We also need a new cb and forward but the key is now to improve the team which will then improve the squad. 

Already looking forward to next season which could prove to be the most exciting season yet. 

Brendan Rodgers is the main reason for this by the way. Yes mistakes have been made but nobody is perfect. I see people writing if he was he would be at a Man City or a Barcelona. I am pretty sure that with the players and resources Man City have, he would have walked the league too. 

Make no mistake, when he goes, he will be seen as the greatest manager in the history of our club. I just hope he is here for years and if he is, more success will come our way I am sure. 

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Izzy said:

When you see Spurs lining up Roberto Martinez or Graham Potter next, it makes you realise how lucky we are to have BR.

TBF I think both are good managers.  I think Potter would thrive at a bigger club.  Brighton play some of the best football around, they just do not have a striker to put the chances they create away.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

TBF I think both are good managers.  I think Potter would thrive at a bigger club.  Brighton play some of the best football around, they just do not have a striker to put the chances they create away.

I wouldn't have either over Rodgers though, would you?

In the cold light of day we've bee  great..

Last Tuesday though he gave Chelsea way more respect than they deserved. We were so tepid and weak and treated them as they were a great side. They were 4th, we were 3rd. We had just beaten them 3 days earlier.

And shipoing 4 st home to Spurs and Newcastle was so bad. The defending for Bale's second goal was embarrassing. I know Rodgers is trying to make this squad tactically versatile and I totally appreciate its a work in progress but the last 4 league games (minus United) were terrible. 

Can't legislate for the injuries and hopefully we will address some off the big problems I.e. Perez not being good enough, and Hamza/Mendy also not bring good enough at this level. 

• Like 1

I'm glad Rogers is staying. The bond is really strong now between him and the owners and players.

I'm sure Top will have had discussions with him to see what he needs and this time he won't be so shy.

To be honest I even doubt they would have waited until now. We all know what the team needs in terms

of strengthening. Just hope we get all our A-list targets, embed them into our pre-season and we go again!

• Thanks 1