Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Granted BR does have a tendency for getting a lot wrong, but how can we forget so much that he gets right!

Some of the performances on that pitch were horrific and it would be unfair to blame BR for them.

We should judge him more on how he goes about rectifying these issues.

People do realise its possible to acknowledge his achievements and be thankful whilst having concerns, criticisms and questions, the fact the same concerns, criticisms and questions keep being asked of him clearly mean there is an issue.

He's done a brilliant job but last night keeps happening and far too often.

Negative, passive football, scared to go forward, scared to play a forward pass, exclusively playing sideways passes, or go anywhere near the half way line, let alone over it.

High possession stats though! :vardy: Magnificent!!

Do me a favour!

West Ham have out-Leicestered (In our old style) us and we've played into their hands the last 3 times, they won't have an easier game this season.

Pundits raved about West Ham last night, as good as they were and I question if they even were actually that good - it was a case of us stinking the place out, they didn't need to be good, anyone would have beat us last night.

How we were do defensive, so negative, held the ball for so long and yet go dominated and spanked is beyond me.

Yet we'll do it again and nothing will change.

We can all see it, its too easy to play against, we all know what's going to happen from the first minute.

I often see people reply sarcastically saying "Ahh you know more than a Premier League manager...why don't you do the job....what would you do then". That's not for me to say or find the answer too. He's the one getting paid the reddies, one of the higher paid managers in the league I believe? But ultimately we could all see and tell what was gonna happen last night, from minute one, if we can see it why can't he? If he can see it, why doesn't he atleast try and change something?

We all know it'll happen again, and again, and again though.

What's the saying? "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". That about sums the situation up.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It's the trophy curse, whenever we win one the manager is out the door the following season. Large Nige and Big Ranieri both examples of this.

Technically Big Nige survived as he completed the season after

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Nice to win it though isn't it, I was gutted when we lost to man u after winning the league. Its good for momentum whether you try and laud it over other teams or count it as an actual trophy is up to you. I'm chuffed we won it though and think this debate about the relevance is a wee bit odd.

Aye its been great for momentum

Spawny win at home to wolves and absolutely ruined by West Ham lol

Edited by filbertway

1 minute ago, Matt said:

People do realise its possible to acknowledge his achievements and be thankful whilst having concerns, criticisms and questions, the fact the same concerns, criticisms and questions keep being asked of him clearly mean there is an issue.

Absolutely, it’s just as rare as rocking horse shit. Most of his critics disappear during the good runs and fail to do just this.

Its also possible to be downbeat that we lost, acknowledge that mistakes were made, we don’t have the best manager in the world but still be overall happy. Quite often the attacks fail to acknowledge any of our limitations as a club.

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Turning your nose up at any trophy is insane….. 

Since 1996 we’re the only club other than 

Man united

Man City 

Arsenal

Chelsea 

Liverpool.

Thats why it’s so significant. 

Can someone find me a list of trophies West Ham have won in the last decade?  

Dildo Cup?

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’ve readjusted my expectations to a top ten finish

Given that survival was our objective for most of our time in the top flight I’ll just about cope

I’d take a tenth place finish happily if we give Europa a good go….

59 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Because the game isn't played under competitive rules. Appearances and goals etc don't count towards official records. Its no more a proper trophy than the thing we were apparently playing Burton for.

Don't get me wrong you'd rather win it than not, as with every game, but you can't go round saying we've won two trophies under Rodgers lol

Think you better have a word with the club then.

Leicester City can confirm that FA Community Shield fixtures past and present will be included into the Club’s historic statistics, amending a policy which previously saw them excluded from official records.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2208221/leicester-city-statistics--the-fa-community-shield

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Because the game isn't played under competitive rules. Appearances and goals etc don't count towards official records. Its no more a proper trophy than the thing we were apparently playing Burton for.

Don't get me wrong you'd rather win it than not, as with every game, but you can't go round saying we've won two trophies under Rodgers lol

Oh yes they do.... 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2208221/leicester-city-statistics--the-fa-community-shield

37 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Technically Big Nige survived as he completed the season after

Oh yeah, I thought he was sacked in April for some reason. Must have the Cambiasso taking over in April conspiracy theory burned into my brain.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Turning your nose up at any trophy is insane….. 

Since 1996 we’re the only club other than 

Man united

Man City 

Arsenal

Chelsea 

Liverpool.

Thats why it’s so significant. 

Can someone find me a list of trophies West Ham have won in the last decade?  

Who is turning their nose up at it? I think everyone would agree they would rather win it than not. It's just not a major honour.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

@ealingfox

From the ever reliable Wikipedia: 

The fixture is recognised as a competitive super cupby The Football Association[1][2][3] and UEFA.[4][5][

Not one of those citations confirms what the sentence says lol

35 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Think you better have a word with the club then.

Leicester City can confirm that FA Community Shield fixtures past and present will be included into the Club’s historic statistics, amending a policy which previously saw them excluded from official records.

This is club policy, and it says right there that even the club didn't count it until a few weeks ago, so it's not as if its some longstanding fact.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Who is turning their nose up at it? I think everyone would agree they would rather win it than not. It's just not a major honour.

Not one of those citations confirms what the sentence says lol

This is club policy, and it says right there that even the club didn't count it until a few weeks ago, so it's not as if its some longstanding fact.

I don’t think you quite get it do you….