Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm not saying he's flawless, he makes mistakes and the wrong calls from time to time, what manager doesn't, but to deliver what he has over the last two seasons on a net spend of £9m is absolutely terrific.

There's no other manager that would have come two and a bit years ago that would have come close to delivering what he has with those sort of resources.

Yeah good point. 

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm not saying he's flawless, he makes mistakes and the wrong calls from time to time, what manager doesn't, but to deliver what he has over the last two seasons on a net spend of £9m is absolutely terrific.

There's no other manager that would have come two and a bit years ago that would have come close to delivering what he has with those sort of resources.

Bang on :appl:

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

We've improved each year he's been here. I'm really excited by the thought of what the team might achieve next season. I'm hoping his willingness to stay is down to the fact that he knows he'll be backed this summer. I really hope Top gives him the resources to add the qualities he rightly says we're short of.

Top needs to give him money.

We all know our first team can compete with the best, but our squad has some dreadful players in it. Some are miles off Premiership quality.

‘If we don’t improve the squad, the same thing will happen again.

‘Rodgers is no fool and will know that 

‘I’m just being my usual honest self. If I were Brendan and knew Spurs were genuinely coming calling I’d think I could do an awful lot better with their squad than Moanrinho did

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Top needs to give him money.

We all know our first team can compete with the best, but our squad has some dreadful players in it. Some are miles off Premiership quality.

‘If we don’t improve the squad, the same thing will happen again.

‘Rodgers is no fool and will know that 

‘I’m just being my usual honest self. If I were Brendan and knew Spurs were genuinely coming calling I’d think I could do an awful lot better with their squad than Moanrinho did

I agree. As I said during the match thread, we brought on Perez and Mendy they were able to bring on Moura and Bale. Look at their squad, it's nonsensical that they have finished so far behind us.

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Correct.

And slightly embarrassing for a Celtic fan to speak more astutely and intelligently about Leicester City than a lot of our own so-called fans.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Is that correct? Would not have pegged it that low.

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Is that correct? Would not have pegged it that low.

19/20 

In: Youri (£32m), Perez (£30m), Praet (£20m), Justin (£6m)

Out: Fat Head (£80m+£5m), Elder (£1m)

20/21

In: Fofana (£32m), Castagne (£18m), Under Loan (£2.5m)

Out: Brylcreem Boy (£50m), Gray (£2m), Diabate (£1m)

Total Players In: £140.5m

Total Players Out: £139m

Probably a few mill either way on some deals, but we haven't really spent much more than we have sold

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

Full post match press conf:

At 6 mins he responds to the question about fans being worried that players or Rodgers could leave. his exact words were "they have no worries about myself, i absolutely love it here at Leicester City"

Edited by turlo
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Guest StevieLynex
17 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I agree. As I said during the match thread, we brought on Perez and Mendy they were able to bring on Moura and Bale. Look at their squad, it's nonsensical that they have finished so far behind us.

Squad better than ours? They've got Winks, Hojbjerg, Aurier, Dier, an ageing Alderweireld, Sanchez, Doherty and Alli. Take away Kane and Son (not including Bale, as he is on loan) and they are a mid-table outfit. Remember, they lost to Dinamo Zagreb!

Guest StevieLynex

The sign of things to come?

JOHN KENNEDY insists Brendan Rodgers won't leave Celtic despite interest from English Premier League side Leicester City.

The Hoops boss has already emerged as favourite for the Foxes job but Kennnedy says Rodgers head won't be turned as he is already planning for his next season in Glasgow.

Guest StevieLynex

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has knocked back talk linking him to a potential move back to the Premier League with Leicester.

The Sun claimed that Rodgers, 45, was the Leicester board’s ideal candidate to replace the under-fire Claude Puel, but he denied the talk at yesterday’s news conference.

“Someone mentioned it to me yesterday,” Rodgers said.

“It is the time of the year where you get players and managers get linked with clubs and whatnot. For me, my only concentration is here at Celtic.

“Leicester as we have seen over the last few years, an incredible journey that they have been on as a club and obviously the unfortunate circumstances that they had earlier this season.

“It is a fantastic club but for me at this moment in time my concentration is purely on Celtic and looking forward to the second part of this season.”

12 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has knocked back talk linking him to a potential move back to the Premier League with Leicester.

The Sun claimed that Rodgers, 45, was the Leicester board’s ideal candidate to replace the under-fire Claude Puel, but he denied the talk at yesterday’s news conference.

“It is the time of the year where you get players and managers get linked with clubs and whatnot. For me, my only concentration is here at Celtic.

“Leicester as we have seen over the last few years, an incredible journey that they have been on as a club and obviously the unfortunate circumstances that they had earlier this season.

“It is a fantastic club but for me at this moment in time my concentration is purely on Celtic and looking forward to the second part of this season.”

As I said, the correlation between what a football manager says and what he means is rarely a positive one.

Guest StevieLynex
17 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Want him to stay for many more seasons but he'll fack off the minute an offer he thinks is better comes.

Like any person, he will do what he believes is in his best interests. I wouldn't be too disappointed if he left for Spurs. Yes, we have won the FA Cup, but he bottled the top four two seasons running, and showed a bit of tactical naivety on a number of occasions since he's been at the helm

48 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

It’s entirely different to what he said about us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

This is well worth a read, fully acknowledges where the development areas are.

Love our strategy of investing in younger, talented players and developing them. To help us get over the line, one or two experienced players who've got the winning mentality to help the younger players through would be very welcome:

Have to say that’s encouraging. We’ve all said the same thing, mentality, physicality and not enough attacking options. 

• Like 3

Mixed feelings about him.

The lack of sideline passions is a worry for me. He is not a Kloop, Pep and Tuchel. You don't get any emotions out of him except his chewing movements. 

He is traditionalist and I don't like it. He preferred below average Perez and inconsistent  Madders to Belgium national team player Praet and Seria A Champions League player Under in every game didn't consider rotating the team whatsoever.This was a no no for me. This is not a forward thinking mentality. Man City, Man Utd and other top teams lasted better than us because of healthy team rotations.

Super happy that we have the FA Cup but anyone understands football could see that we owe that cup to a bit of luck and Kasper's saves. We were far from the dominant sides.

He can leave and really don't give a damn really because I know Top will get us a champion coach next time.

I know there are many BR cheerleaders out there not going like what I say here but I believe we could have done far better this season if our team and game management would have handled better.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Have to say that’s encouraging. We’ve all said the same thing, mentality, physicality and not enough attacking options. 

I think he see's what we see, I pretty sure if we had more options we wouldn't be playing 3 at the back on the majority of the games.

Can't fault what his saying.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, turlo said:

Full post match press conf:

At 6 mins he responds to the question about fans being worried that players or Rodgers could leave. his exact words were "they have no worries about myself, i absolutely love it here at Leicester City"

I’ve always said he’s a car salesman of a manger he’ll tell you anything to get the sale or in his case get you on side .That said in this interview  he genuinely looks angry, upset and determined to push us on next season . I don’t think he’s going any where just yet 

19 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’ve always said he’s a car salesman of a manger he’ll tell you anything to get the sale or in his case get you on side .That said in this interview  he genuinely looks angry, upset and determined to push us on next season . I don’t think he’s going any where just yet 

i always felt he would hold out for a move to one of the "top" clubs who'd be challenging for titles each season but think he's some way off achieving that. He wouldn't achieve that with the likes of spurs and Arsenal. I think he'll be here for another 2 seasons 

• Like 1