Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

he needs to get his ego in check stop being so bloody stubborn and change things early when they are clearly not working, 3 games in a row West Ham did exactly the same thing against us and he did the same thing each time, for someone talked of as a top manager this was bloody shocking bad management

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

he needs to get his ego in check stop being so bloody stubborn and change things early when they are clearly not working, 3 games in a row West Ham did exactly the same thing against us and he did the same thing each time, for someone talked of as a top manager this was bloody shocking bad management

I can't believe he didn't change anything at HT.

Moyes and West Ham have BR number unfortunately… yet he hasn’t learnt..

Counter attacking teams are becoming a real issue for us.. The mighty Newcastle took us apart also at the end of last season..

And yet, in Barnes and Vardy we have two of the best counter attacking  players in the league.. our reluctance at times when in possession to actually drive forward is pretty astounding… walking football doesn’t win you many games..

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I guess everyone holds it in different regard for the reasons you mention and that’s fair enough, but I’d argue the highlighted bit as to be in the Community Shield in the first place means you have to have won at least one of the two big domestic competitions before, so personally I think it carries a lot more weight than an invitational pre-season cup. 

I don't disagree, that doesn't make it a trophy though.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Surprised no one has posted on his thread, so here goes.... So just read that the board of Arsenal want Brendan over Conte for various reasons maybe wanting a manager who will last acouple of seasons and build things not just want to spend 100's of millions. I think it might suit Brendan a club like Arsenal, he just hasn't got it to manage the very elite clubs. Maybe it's his best chance to manage a so called top 6 club and feels he should of gone for the Spurs job. Maybe he feels that with Leicester with the recent success it's as far as he can go with the club. Today I actually don't mind if he leaves, if his heart isn't in the club, maybe the players know it to and they have 'downed tools' judging by the no desire football yesterday. If he goes I think we should go for the Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou  who has his team playing great attacting exciting football, let's get him before s club like Southampton poach him.

.....the Celtic manager has got them playing some great stuff and Rangers would have had a fight to stay with them if had been in charged last season!!!

It would be strange to poach another manager from Celtic @Muzzy_Larssonwould not be happy, he has just found the will to live again!!

I get the feeling that he will be off pretty soon, I always get the impression that any day you will find he has upped and moved to pastures new, and it will be good to have a list of potential replacements.

He is good to a certain level, just limited as he fails to learn lessons over and over again.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm getting a bit concerned that people are unironically counting the Community Shield as a trophy. You should only do this when it suits you in arguments with fans of other clubs.

It’s a trophy? Look at its recent winners what is not to be proud about? It’s more evidence that we’re bucking the Trent of the traditional big boys. 

Some of our fans are unreal…… I suppose the FA is a bag of shit too? 

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I respect Ulstermen for their toughness and intelligence but they are as stubborn as a mule. I think some of Brendan's tactics are past their sell by date. Will he ditch them ? I'm not holding my breath.

Yes of course all Ulstermen have exactly the same qualities as each other.   Do they also enjoy vapid generalisations?

I'm holding my breath hoping you come up with a sensible post at some point.  Please stop being a WUM.

• Like 2

Surprised no one has posted on his thread, so here goes.... So just read that the board of Arsenal want Brendan over Conte for various reasons maybe wanting a manager who will last acouple of seasons and build things not just want to spend 100's of millions. I think it might suit Brendan a club like Arsenal, he just hasn't got it to manage the very elite clubs. Maybe it's his best chance to manage a so called top 6 club and feels he should of gone for the Spurs job. Maybe he feels that with Leicester with the recent success it's as far as he can go with the club. Today I actually don't mind if he leaves, if his heart isn't in the club, maybe the players know it to and they have 'downed tools' judging by the no desire football yesterday. If he goes I think we should go for the Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou  who has his team playing great attacting exciting football, let's get him before s club like Southampton poach him.

Are you alright?

34 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I respect Ulstermen for their toughness and intelligence but they are as stubborn as a mule. I think some of Brendan's tactics are past their sell by date. Will he ditch them ? I'm not holding my breath.

Yes of course all Ulstermen have exactly the same qualities as each other.   Do they also enjoy vapid generalisations?

I'm holding my breath hoping you come up with a sensible post at some point.  Please stop being a WUM.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a trophy? Look at its recent winners what is not to be proud about? It’s more evidence that we’re bucking the Trent of the traditional big boys. 

Some of our fans are unreal…… I suppose the FA is a bag of shit too? 

Well no, because it's a proper trophy, played under competitive rules.

We lost a game and you are suggesting we ditch a manager who has achieved two 5th place finishes and who won the FA Cup.  Ridiculous post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It’s a super cup. It’s it’s own thing. Not quite a major trophy but certainly something you can be proud of winning. I would say that Rodgers has won two trophies personally. A super cup is worth counting in my eyes.

Super Cups elsewhere are played under competitive rules. England is an outlier in that regard.

Just now, ealingfox said:

Super Cups elsewhere are played under competitive rules. England is an outlier in that regard.

What do you even mean by competitive rules? I’ve been thinking about this for a few minutes now and I can’t work out what it means. The fact you get 5 subs? That’s become pretty common place recently. Apart from that it’s just a game of football! 

8 minutes ago, majaco said:

I most certainly am not a "WUM" as you call it . Unfortunately for some Leicester people speak their mind and if what I say is not to your taste please feel free to ignore it. Oh and by the way , if you are ever tempted to argue a point in a Belfast pub, resist it.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I most certainly am not a "WUM" as you call it . Unfortunately for some Leicester people speak their mind and if what I say is not to your taste please feel free to ignore it. Oh and by the way , if you are ever tempted to argue a point in a Belfast pub, resist it.

Another WUM post.   

38 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm getting a bit concerned that people are unironically counting the Community Shield as a trophy. You should only do this when it suits you in arguments with fans of other clubs.

Haha its so weird to try and class a friendly against a half fit half full team as a major trophy.

Any league win against Man City is infinitely more impressive than bewting them in a tarted up friendly. Its as sad as the spurs fans celebrating the audi cup win

38 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Because the game isn't played under competitive rules. Appearances and goals etc don't count towards official records. Its no more a proper trophy than the thing we were apparently playing Burton for.

Don't get me wrong you'd rather win it than not, as with every game, but you can't go round saying we've won two trophies under Rodgers lol

As well as the FA and UEFA recognising the community shield as a competitive super cup it also does count towards official records:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2208221/leicester-city-statistics--the-fa-community-shield

• Like 1