Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

TBF I think both are good managers.  I think Potter would thrive at a bigger club.  Brighton play some of the best football around, they just do not have a striker to put the chances they create away.

Neither will Spurs next season :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

TBF I think both are good managers.  I think Potter would thrive at a bigger club.  Brighton play some of the best football around, they just do not have a striker to put the chances they create away.

My mate from school replaced Potters as Ostersunds manager and got the same amount of points as him, bar the Europa League run. Give him the gig at Spurs to complete the mission of relegating them and then he can have a job for life at Leicester.

Sometimes I think that Rodgers doesn't have that composure in decision making when composure is whats needed.

Most managers who have played footy for life who would've known how the last 30 minutes in that spurs game mattered and the emotions and nerves felt on the pitch and I would hazard a guess that they may not have changed RP coming on after 60'.

Unless it was a warning sign to madders then it baffled me taking him off, leaving a whole that the spurs subs duly and gratefully exploited. At the end of the day madders is having a bad spell, but give him a free kick on 90 minutes and more than likely..  

Even Praet would've worked better to plug that goal up. 

I'm not saying I'm a expert but it was a baffling decision. If only I could understand it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Sometimes I think that Rodgers doesn't have that composure in decision making when composure is whats needed.

Most managers who have played footy for life who would've known how the last 30 minutes in that spurs game mattered and the emotions and nerves felt on the pitch and I would hazard a guess that they may not have changed RP coming on after 60'.

Unless it was a warning sign to madders then it baffled me taking him off, leaving a whole that the spurs subs duly and gratefully exploited. At the end of the day madders is having a bad spell, but give him a free kick on 90 minutes and more than likely..  

Even Praet would've worked better to plug that goal up. 

I'm not saying I'm a expert but it was a baffling decision. If only I could understand it.

Above your pay grade mate. You need to be on £9 million a year to make baffling decisions like that. Even when the decisions are obviously STUPID we should not question them as we know nothing. 

• Haha 2

Lots of jobs popping up, hope it doesn't start a merry-go-round including BR

Real Madrid - Galacticos

Inter Milan - Domestic champions
Lille - Domestic champions

Spurs - Losers

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Lots of jobs popping up, hope it doesn't start a merry-go-round including BR

Real Madrid - Galacticos

Inter Milan - Domestic champions
Lille - Domestic champions

Spurs - Losers

I see Allegri/Conte off to Real 

Inter - Anyone's guess. 

Lille I assume will be a French manager from within their leagues

Spurs - Martinez I think. 

24 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I am not grading claudio, rodgers, mon, pearson against each other, all good managers in my book.

But, but, Ranieri won the title, Rodgers won the FA Cup, Mon won the league cup and Pearson won promotions and obviously Cambiasso kept us in the Premier League. Think about it man. 

A lot of people, me included, bemoan the 352 formation Brendan deploys. But I was listening to Pep and he was explaining why Chelsea are so good and I thought Rodgers is was ainjnh for that.

Watch from 4:05 where Pep talks about why Chelsea are so good.

They key to make the 343/352 work is the middle CMs have to be of the highest quality and move the ball so quickly and so efficiently. We look do laboured and slow playing more or less the exact formation Chelsea play. 

A fit Justin and Ricardo + put Kante in our team instead of Ndidi and we would basically be Chelsea 2.0. But at least we have competent strikers so we would be better.

8 hours ago, Koke said:

A lot of people, me included, bemoan the 352 formation Brendan deploys. But I was listening to Pep and he was explaining why Chelsea are so good and I thought Rodgers is was ainjnh for that.

Watch from 4:05 where Pep talks about why Chelsea are so good.

They key to make the 343/352 work is the middle CMs have to be of the highest quality and move the ball so quickly and so efficiently. We look do laboured and slow playing more or less the exact formation Chelsea play. 

A fit Justin and Ricardo + put Kante in our team instead of Ndidi and we would basically be Chelsea 2.0. But at least we have competent strikers so we would be better.

The biggest problem is it’s a stifling formation. It also requires like you said, 2 incredible CMs(to be fair we do have them) but also 2 great wing backs who are relentless up and down animals. Ricardo before his leg injury type.

Unfortunately as good as Castange is, we’ve used him as the 3rd CB and Albrighton there which is mental and other side Thomas or even worse vs Newcastle Albrighton on the LB role. How can that ever work!?

On top of that, even if everything is balanced perfectly, it is generally a stifling formation. This is why vs a Pep team he would prefer a ‘we attack you attack game’. When teams are better than you then it could work but the problem is when you don’t adjust it.

We played it vs a host of teams we are much better than and what it does it make it a more even game.

When were playing at home to Newcastle and away at Southampton we shouldn’t be trying to stifle. Pep never uses the formation for that reason - it’s a poor formation if your better than the team your facing because it’s not going to be good at breaking the low block.

We didn’t perform well in a single game since we employed it. The last time I watched us play well was Villa away, with the exception of 45 mins vs West Brom.
It made us worse regardless but even worse if you can’t get the exact strongest players in there.

Vs Man City and West Ham with Amarty in we looked absolutely embarrassing. Also vs Newcastle with Castange and Albrighton in.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Decided to give the LC section of FT a swerve for a few days due to the expected nonsense. Anyway...

Brendan Rodgers is one of only four LCFC managers in our entire history to win us a major trophy along with Ranieri (2016), MON (1997, 2000) and Gillies (1964).

He's only behind Ranieri in terms of the trophy he's won.

And some still think we're underachieving!!

And I'm hopeful he hangs around so he can win us more. 

This has to be the best era ever to be a Leicester fan. I have a 10 year old grandson, who naively thinks it's always been like this.

• Like 4

This has been repeated many times, but it needs another airing. 

Klopp had a massive budget and 4 years before he delivered the goods.. in the meantime we spanked them at home with great football and worldie from Vardy but was he sacked? No, now look what he's achieved with the backing of supporters and the board.

Perspective people, perspective. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

And I'm hopeful he hangs around so he can win us more. 

This has to be the best era ever to be a Leicester fan. I have a 10 year old grandson, who naively thinks it's always been like this.

My 11yo nephew is the same. His dad and me try and explain it's not always like this!

The 60s was a very good era - 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th placed finishes, one League Cup, one LC runners up and three FAC runners up. Matt Gillies ('58-'68) would, sadly, be labelled a serious bottler in the modern world.

But in less than a decade we've had a PL title, an FA Cup, a CL quarter final, another European campaign (group winners), two fifth placed finishes and two in 9th. That's better.

There's some justified criticism of manager and players but it needs to be balanced with a wider view IMHO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My 11yo nephew is the same. His dad and me try and explain it's not always like this!

The 60s was a very good era - 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th placed finishes, one League Cup, one LC runners up and three FAC runners up. Matt Gillies ('58-'68) would, sadly, be labelled a serious bottler in the modern world.

But in less than a decade we've had a PL title, an FA Cup, a CL quarter final, another European campaign (group winners), two fifth placed finishes and two in 9th. That's better.

There's some justified criticism of manager and players but it needs to be balanced with a wider view IMHO.

You remember the sixties in some detail Geoff - you’re obviously wearing well ! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Have we actually heard anything from the main man since the return to pre season? I can’t think of anything it just seems so strange… I guess we can put it down to the poor social media coverage of late

why speak if he's got nothing to say, the entire squad isn't even back yet

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

why speak if he's got nothing to say, the entire squad isn't even back yet

lol because he’s the manager of our football team I mean if he’s got nothing to say after signing 3 players and 10 days of pre season when will he have something to say? Also I guess updates on players recovering from injury like JJ,Johnny Evans or Harvey Barnes could also be classed as something to say 

• Like 2

Seemed to be a lot more chants in support of him yesterday then pre-March 2020. Not that we were against him but he wasn't singled out, really. "One Brendan Rodgers" was frequently heard.

55 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Apparently he’ll be speaking around the QPR game. The club have put a stop to the preseason media stuff this season.

I think that's probably sensible, especially given he would have to deal with questions about possible COVID absentees (that he'll want to protect the identify of), and the usual 'have you had any bids for Maguire/Chilwell/Maddison' that he usually gets after every single game.

Would be nice to hear from him if he wants/expects more incoming signings but that can wait another week.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Seemed to be a lot more chants in support of him yesterday then pre-March 2020. Not that we were against him but he wasn't singled out, really. "One Brendan Rodgers" was frequently heard.

Crazily there still seems to be lcfc who still don't rate him.

Doesn't make sense to me that he isn't held in higher esteem, whilst a Pearson is hero worshipped.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

I do think games being behind closed doors has never really helped his case. Not by any means saying it's a poor relationship with the fans but I think we've just been robbed of the chance to build up a proper rapport.