Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Winning breeds winning. Everything about today's aftermath was a class act, like we belong here. Like it was in the FA Cup final but you keep a close eye to shit like this and this club doesn't get embarrassed by winning anymore. 

What a time to be us.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Winning breeds winning. Everything about today's aftermath was a class act, like we belong here. Like it was in the FA Cup final but you keep a close eye to shit like this and this club doesn't get embarrassed by winning anymore. 

What a time to be us.

He seemed to really embrace the challenge of winning the FA Cup. Seemed to really want to win yesterday.

Whether the Community Shield is that important we can discuss and debate but it doesn't hurt to give it a go.

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

He seemed to really embrace the challenge of winning the FA Cup. Seemed to really want to win yesterday.

Whether the Community Shield is that important we can discuss and debate but it doesn't hurt to give it a go.

Would love us to push for the League Cup this season. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Europa for me, Wouldn't knock a league cup and doable with our squad and other big teams don't seem interested

Would absolutely love the Europa, just think that's a touch too far. A decent run would be brilliant though 

He’s spoken a lot about instilling a winning mentality and a winning culture - which is why I think yesterday we seemed to want it more. 

We are on the verge of replacing teams like Arsenal and Spurs at the top echelons of English football. And things like the training ground might increase the chance of it being sustainable. 

You’d never say that winning the Community Shield is eta defining, but perhaps it’s reflective of the real progress we are making.

• Like 2

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s spoken a lot about instilling a winning mentality and a winning culture - which is why I think yesterday we seemed to want it more. 

We are on the verge of replacing teams like Arsenal and Spurs at the top echelons of English football. And things like the training ground might increase the chance of it being sustainable. 

You’d never say that winning the Community Shield is eta defining, but perhaps it’s reflective of the real progress we are making.

This is why I think Top will back him in the transfer market and with player contacts -- he is winning trophies.

"Backing" doesn't mean spending 100 million on Grealish, but it does mean getting a CB, and RW if wanted (although Brendan seems to have faith in Perez).

Leicester is a good gig for Brendan, great facilities, chance to mold players, and every good season a story about how he has done amazing with less money than the big boys.

I think he won't move on purely based upon a "bigger" club wanting him. If that club is a clusterfcuk behind the scenes, it not worth leaving Leicester just to be sacked by Real Madrid after 4 months.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would absolutely love the Europa, just think that's a touch too far. A decent run would be brilliant though 

We ran the depending champions out of the park!

We were lacklustre last season in Europe: Don't know if it was the newness of it all, COVID pandemic effects, or a lack of the "winning mentality" Rodgers wants to instill.

But on paper -- and I know the caveats -- we should be one of the favourites going in...

Of course, as I have said before, we should also try to make a run at the League Cup. People speak of "prioritising" but our bench is stronger than last year, and we even have 2-3 in the development squad I wouldn't be frightened by seeing in the starting lineup against lower division opposition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

For us it should have absolutely been seen as important and I'm glad it was treated as such by Rodgers. If he believes in it, he's the starting point for everyone to feed off that energy. 

For other clubs they may see it as tinpot or small-time or a 'glorified friendly'. At the end of the day, it's still a trophy and still silverware; considering it will become continuously difficult to win trophies with how other teams just spend ridiculously, the fact we can and have won a trophy to add to our cabinet should only be seen as a good thing. It's not our place to turn our noses up at it and I'm glad we didn't.

I'd love for us to win a different trophy (maybe alongside other(s)!). Europa League has to be one of the priorities.

• Like 1

Just win the League title now for us Brendan and you will become the most successful ever manager in the history of Leicester City Football Club.

All the plaudits, Freedom of the City, statutes, re-naming of parks etc. will be yours and well deserved.

Edited by David Hankey
  • Like 1

For a manager known as a bottler, doesn't he have a seriously good win rate in finals?

Its clear the whole club has taken a step up since appointing him. We are lucky to have him. Dreading the day one of the really big boys come calling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I saw something different in the team yesterday, something almost intangible. I liked it - it looked like determined belief.

Maybe be a case of winning breeding winning habits.

first time I've seen Rodgers get angry on the touchline too, booting a water bottle about 40 yards.

• Like 4