Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe be a case of winning breeding winning habits.

first time I've seen Rodgers get angry on the touchline too, booting a water bottle about 40 yards.

*Insert Brendan version of Kirk's Khan pic with KASPER!*

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

He is building a mentality of winning. 

I think there is every chance we will win another cup this year. 

I think so. I'm more confident going into big games now than I ever have been. 2 times in 3 months we've ground out a win on the big stage against one of the best teams in Europe. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe be a case of winning breeding winning habits.

first time I've seen Rodgers get angry on the touchline too, booting a water bottle about 40 yards.

...you obviously have not been watching closely enough!!!

He did the same against WBA, and we were 3-0 up at the time.

We started to overplay instead of keeping our discipline and he lost it. He also exchanged words with Madders who gave as good as he got, I still believe there is friction there.

It was totally out of character and for him to do it again is a bit strange. He must have been furious. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you obviously have not been watching closely enough!!!

He did the same against WBA, and we were 3-0 up at the time.

We started to overplay instead of keeping our discipline and he lost it. He also exchanged words with Madders who gave as good as he got, I still believe there is friction there.

It was totally out of character and for him to do it again is a bit strange. He must have been furious. 

I like it, shows he wants to win!

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I like it, shows he wants to win!

.. absolutely.. !!!

The big problem is we have a tendency to start to overplay and it is in our DNA. We need to get that out of our system and I think Bertrand will be a big factor in the way we go about our work. He already feels like someone who looks to organise on the field and I am very much happy to have a player with that mindset on the pitch.

On 08/08/2021 at 00:01, Ric Flair said:

Winning breeds winning. Everything about today's aftermath was a class act, like we belong here. Like it was in the FA Cup final but you keep a close eye to shit like this and this club doesn't get embarrassed by winning anymore. 

What a time to be us.

I felt like this. It felt almost natural. I was weirdly confident we'd win yesterday (probably helped by some of their ommissions lol) but we were really decent. Feel really excited for this season. It helps that the fans are back but I've said the biggest downer about the Rodgers era is the circumstances surrounding it. There's never been a great chance to build up that rapport. I think it's all coming now. This could be a really enjoyable season.

We look like we've got our mojo back as well. We should've had that game won by half time yesterday. I forgot how good we can be when we get in the swing of things.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I felt like this. It felt almost natural. I was weirdly confident we'd win yesterday (probably helped by some of their ommissions lol) but we were really decent. Feel really excited for this season. It helps that the fans are back but I've said the biggest downer about the Rodgers era is the circumstances surrounding it. There's never been a great chance to build up that rapport. I think it's all coming now. This could be a really enjoyable season.

We look like we've got our mojo back as well. We should've had that game won by half time yesterday. I forgot how good we can be when we get in the swing of things.

Harvey fvcking Barnes. We've missed him/his pace so much. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I saw something different in the team yesterday, something almost intangible. I liked it - it looked like determined belief.

Yes, I got the impression from the off that the inferiority complex had been lifted and we're not going to be bullied this season. 

Winning on Saturday can only add to our stronger mentality. 

55 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Harvey fvcking Barnes. We've missed him/his pace so much. 

Having him back and looking sharp is huge. I can't quantify this but I feel like him and Maddison bring the best out of each other too. Helps as well having Ricardo looking back in shape.

Good times. We're looking good. Very early days obviously but hard to not be quite optimistic.

On 09/08/2021 at 10:35, Chocolate Teapot said:

If he wins another trophy he could well be our greatest ever manager.

I think he has a case as it stands.

Many will say it's Claudio.  After all he won the bloomin' league and gave us the year of our lives.  I won't argue with that although the wheels came off the following year,

Rodgers has finished fifth, not once but twice and on top of that brought home The FA Cup and The Charity Shield (yes, that is a proper trophy, I don't care what anyone says).  He has built perhaps the best team and squad in our history, building on the work of the sainted Claude Puel.

There's no right answer, only opinion, but I think Rodgers has achieved enough to go toe to toe with The Don in anyone's argument.

• Like 3