Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

Just looking at him on whoscored and he mainly plays LWB or LM, I wonder if 3 CB's are going to be used more often next season as he would be ideal if we were?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141726/Show/Robin-Gosens

He would be our 5th FB with Ricardo, Castagne, JJ & Thomas which seems a bit overkill.

Top quality player but I wonder what our plans would be?

If we sign Gosens it’s 100% a back 3 with wing backs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just a heads up, I haven’t read the thread yet but if anyone says no to this then I’m coming for you.

Nobody will say no to Gosens. His CV is excellent. The questions are does he come as a starter and can we afford him. I am a big fan of Pereira , last season he was one of the best players in the premiership and  we cannot afford to lose players of his calibre.Keeping four top class full backs happy could be difficult.

Edited by An Sionnach

7 hours ago, Manini said:

The parallels between Atalanta and Leicester are mental you know. It blows my mind at how good they are these days compared to 10 years ago. 

Genuinely ****s my head up thinking how randomly I ended up supporting Atalanta when they were shit.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Nobody will say no to Gosens. His CV is excellent. The questions are does he come as a starter and can we afford him.

Well I’d say it’s as simple as he doesn’t come here if we aren’t going to start him. He’s one of the best left sided players in world football and he would rightly be offended if he wasn’t starting for us.

We can afford him, He won’t be on much more than £30k a week at Atalanta.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well I’d say it’s as simple as he doesn’t come here if we aren’t going to start him. He’s one of the best left sided players in world football and he would rightly be offended if he wasn’t starting for us.

We can afford him, He won’t be on much more than £30k a week at Atalanta.

I think the wages are not a problem it is the fee. Our net spend over the last three seasons is virtually zero.

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As you said he would expect to start but would Rodgers be prepared to drop another in form full back to accommodate him. You don't really rotate full backs I think if he can get it Rodgers prefers a settled pair. Of course recently that wasn't possible.

We haven't got an in form left back and if you were really splitting hairs you would say it's our weakest position currently. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Rodgers wants to play Ricardo on the wing long-term I think so wouldn’t be surprised to see another full back come in this summer.

I would say Gosens is as likely to be the option to play there as Ricky P. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Genuinely ****s my head up thinking how randomly I ended up supporting Atalanta when they were shit.

No ****er knew where Bergamo was now they’ve got a class football team and the epicentre of Covid in Europe #winning 

• Haha 1

Any performance from Ricardo since his “major” injury is nowhere near the level that he produced virtually week in week out before his “major” injury. If, and I mean if, Ricardo gets anywhere near the performance level he was attaining prior to the very “major” injury and IF BR thinks that his role could be in a fluid right back and right wing interchange with Castagne then I think we have an extremely effective attacking partnership to look forward to.

IF we sign Gosens and he can form an understanding with Harvey Barnes down the left then our options are going to give us an amazing opportunity to push the club forward.

Should we sign another dedicated wing option to sit in front of either Ricardo or Castagne and on the left, should James Justin get back to his high standard over time then our options are going to be even more interesting

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

You don’t half spout some rubbish. Every post I see from you is just plain wrong. 

Of course I do , that's football , 95% of comments are proven to be rubbish. It is the most subjective sport in the world but we all enjoy having a punt on the future. Events though usually make fools of us all.

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Champions league, cup finals and capitals of Covid. Parallel universe really.

Oh shit yeah didn’t even make that connection! lol Leicester + Atalanta The Lurgy fan connection 

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Castagne has been incredible for us. He is a genuinely top class full back/wing back IMO 

Agreed, he started off brilliantly but had a few dodgy games just before and after he got injured but the last few games against WBA and Palace he was fantastic.