Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

De Roon is more box to box than a sitter though, and Freuler is no where near Ndidi quality, although a decent midfielder. 

I think the squads are similar levels of quality but with Tielemans and co. hitting him out wide, I think he’d be able to bomb on to great effect like he has at Atalanta.

I wouldn’t say De Roon is a box to box midfielder at all in their system and I never said Freuler is at Ndidi’s level, just pointing out that our midfield is likely to leave more gaps as Tielemans is more likely to be further forward than these pair.

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Leicester's pursuit of Atalanta and Germany full-back Robin Gosens has suffered a blow as the 26-year-old would prefer to stay in Serie A. (Calciomercato, via Inside Futbol)

If the rumours are true and we are after him, he could be using us / this as an angle to get a move to a club that pays larger wages. 

We saw it last season with Telles and to a lesser extent, Tagliafico. 

8 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Never trust a news article that doesn't include an actual quote from the player 👍

Ha yes of course! It’s BBC gossip third hand from inside futbol! But this is he transfer talk section as opposed to then transfer facts area! https://insidefutbol.com/2021/05/03/leicester-city-target-robin-gosens-has-serie-a-preference/506104/

35 minutes ago, Sly said:

If the rumours are true and we are after him, he could be using us / this as an angle to get a move to a club that pays larger wages. 

We saw it last season with Telles and to a lesser extent, Tagliafico. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he doesn't look like an LCFC player!!!

You have a feeling like he would be suited to United, just by his mannerism. Looking at Trincao you get the same feeling that ending up here would not be where they would want to be.

Agent stuff I reckon... his agent would prefer him to sign a four year deal on two hundred bags a week rather a hundred bags a week. I suppose that’s the difference between signing for us and Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc, though this seems to be touting him to one of the big three in Serie A so Milan’s’ or Juve?

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

Agent stuff I reckon... his agent would prefer him to sign a four year deal on two hundred bags a week rather a hundred bags a week. I suppose that’s the difference between signing for us and Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc, though this seems to be touting him to one of the big three in Serie A so Milan’s’ or Juve?

I suppose if he can get the same deal in Italy as we would offer him ,he would stay there .His missus would no doubt have input. The ugly fact of Brexit is also going to play a part.

No doubt a good player but surely money can be spent better elsewhere this summer? We’re not going to have a huge summer of spending (assumedly) and we’ve got Thomas Justin Ricardo and Castagne? Not saying he wouldn’t be a good addition but surely financially we need to target other areas of the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

No doubt a good player but surely money can be spent better elsewhere this summer? We’re not going to have a huge summer of spending (assumedly) and we’ve got Thomas Justin Ricardo and Castagne? Not saying he wouldn’t be a good addition but surely financially we need to target other areas of the pitch. 

The issue there is JJ is out till November and will take time to get back to full swing, look at Ricardo for instance.

Ricardo and Castagne haven't shown too much comfort on the left either, with the former still looking uncomfortable. 

Leaving Thomas as our LB cover.