Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Either we've learned nothing and will continue to not strengthen up top, or we're planning to spend a bucket load of money this summer.

Gosen me is a very attacking player in the last 62 league games he's scored 19 goals and has 14 assists 

He would definitely strengthen us going forward 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Gosen me is a very attacking player in the last 62 league games he's scored 19 goals and has 14 assists 

He would definitely strengthen us going forward 

He definitely seems in the Andy Robertson class which tells me if he is that good why aren't Inter or Juve pushing hard to get him.They could probably go to 40 million even now. He is pushing 27 so he would want a big pay day before it is too late.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this is a bit like Kante a few years ago. He's hanging on because he wants to go to Juve or Inter but he ends up coming to Leicester because we actually bother to bid the tidy amount Atalanta can milk us for and he's left with little choice. 

Think that do but TBF that is more or less the same for any player, bottom line is if you have options then Real, Barca, Bayern and Man City are your preferred choice not Leicester. 

Gosens would probably sign for us but if he gets a better offer elsewhere then he'll go there, much like Tielemans was hanging on for a bit to see if he got a better offer.

It sounds crazy because we have hit these heights recently but we are a very exciting club to come and play for we can offer wages better than all bar 12-15 clubs in the world and have one of the best training grounds in football too, shouldn’t need too much persuading really.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He definitely seems in the Andy Robertson class which tells me if he is that good why aren't Inter or Juve pushing hard to get him.They could probably go to 40 million even now. He is pushing 27 so he would want a big pay day before it is too late.

Inter are flat broke will be a good reason and Juventus are also on a sticky wicket financially as they try to offload Ronaldo and his wages.

4 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Inter are flat broke will be a good reason and Juventus are also on a sticky wicket financially as they try to offload Ronaldo and his wages.

Pretty much sums it up. Ronaldo counts for something like 30% of the wage bill at Juventus. When you consider what he offers vs cost, he’s a headache that they won’t shift easily. 

Inter need to cash in on Lakaku but his spell at Manchester United wasn’t great. Would another Premier League take a gamble on him, for the money that Imter would demand. Most likely not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Think that do but TBF that is more or less the same for any player, bottom line is if you have options then Real, Barca, Bayern and Man City are your preferred choice not Leicester. 

Gosens would probably sign for us but if he gets a better offer elsewhere then he'll go there, much like Tielemans was hanging on for a bit to see if he got a better offer.

...I  thought Tielemans had interest coming from United but opted for us!!!

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  thought Tielemans had interest coming from United but opted for us!!!

There was interest from Man Utd, but they were waiting to see if Pogba would be sold before making a move for Youri

His agent wanted to wait and see but Youri didn't want to wait around so pushed through the move to us

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11759685/youri-tielemans-favoured-leicester-over-manchester-united

• Like 1

If we bought Gosens, Edouard and say M. Pereira we would not get much change out of 75 million. If we sold Praet  because KDH is coming back and Hamza , we could realise about 30 million. Are the club prepared to invest the rest on the basis that income from Europe , TV rights and club promotion should cover most of that is the fundamental question that none of us know an answer to.

11 hours ago, Sly said:

Pretty much sums it up. Ronaldo counts for something like 30% of the wage bill at Juventus. When you consider what he offers vs cost, he’s a headache that they won’t shift easily. 

Inter need to cash in on Lakaku but his spell at Manchester United wasn’t great. Would another Premier League take a gamble on him, for the money that Imter would demand. Most likely not. 

To be fair he scored pretty much a goal every other game during his entire Premier League career (including at Utd) which is pretty decent. I reckon he’d do well. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sly said:

I think Chelsea are interested in Lukaku.

Lukaku criminally underrated because of that shit United team that he played in. He became a bit of a meme due to his weight and first touch 

His goalscoring record speaks for itself. Brilliant forward

On 05/05/2021 at 11:02, filbertway said:

Either we've learned nothing and will continue to not strengthen up top, or we're planning to spend a bucket load of money this summer.

There seems to be a lot of genuine links going around, for players that make a lot of sense. So we're either spending big or selling someone. 

• Like 3