Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

3 million just seems too low. When Besiktas first enquired they were quoted 12 from reports and they were insistent that they wouldn’t go above 3. Everything went quiet until the latest report. Either that report is wrong or we have given in. We shouldn’t be selling players on the terms of the buying club!

putting it another way, if he was a besiktas player and we were trying to sign him after last season they would be asking a hell of a lot more than 3 million.

So you could have 3m but instead you keep him which costs you 5m odd, so you end up 8m worse off.

No one wants him other then a couple of club in Turkey who will only pay 3m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

Perez (although he scored a tap in) has looked terrible in pre-season, looks massively like the weak link in the team. I dread to think starting the season with him on the right or behind the striker.

I think that's really harsh. He played well against Villareal. Linked up well with Ricardo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

So you could have 3m but instead you keep him which costs you 5m odd, so you end up 8m worse off.

No one wants him other then a couple of club in Turkey who will only pay 3m.

There were reports of a Middle East club offering more and also someone in the Italian league but enough clubs know he’s available and haven’t come in so take what’s on offer 

Catch 22 this. We've become the masters of buying talent, but with the metiorotic rise of our club and sqaud I'm not sure we are factoring in seeking buyers for players leaving the club early enough.

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

Agree with the “too low” thing. We’re excellent at buying but we need to be more like Liverpool with selling going forwards! 

But they are usually youth players, and not players they've bought for £12m, realised are shit and clearly no longer want. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But they are usually youth players, and not players they've bought for £12m, realised are shit and clearly no longer want. 

True, but I don’t particularly think a top 6 premier league team should be selling anyone for less than £10m. Regardless of the circumstances. Almost like an added tax.

Granted perhaps it’s different with him because he’s been on loan so much, but in the same breath they’ve said they’re getting him for £3m they’re also giving big bucks to Godin and Costa so they clearly aren’t short of cash lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

True, but I don’t particularly think a top 6 premier league team should be selling anyone for less than £10m. Regardless of the circumstances. Almost like an added tax.

Got one year left and not many others want him. We can try and play hard ball all we want but they have the upper hand as they know the alternative is us paying him loads of money for a year when we don't want to.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think Besiktas have called our bluff and we have finally had to cave. He has even played a big part in pre-season but obviously Besiktas haven't panicked and we are at the point where we just have to accept their low offer or be forced to keep him. Surprised more teams didn't come in for him and maybe that was our hope, but looks like Besiktas patience has paid off for them (if this deal agreed is true of course) 

We should meet them at least half way, rather than totally cave in.