Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

On 10/08/2021 at 14:32, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Those three strikers don’t fill me with confidence I have to admit. Time will tell though. 

I'm surprised. I think that's a pretty strong set of strikers.

I suppose there are doubts over Vardy due to his age. He wasn't scoring in the 2nd half of last season, so I can see why people might have concerns over him now. Nacho blows hot and cold. It will be interesting to see whether he can continue his hot streak into this season. I think Daka is a real coup, though. I think he could be the closest thing to a young Vardy we (or any club) could possibly have signed. I thought he'd be going to a bigger club and would be out of our reach. Still can't really believe he's ours.

I think Vardy will start the season as first choice. I think Daka will be challenging him for his position, though, and could well end up being first pick by the end of the season, making Vardy super sub. I think Nacho will mainly be used off the bench when we need a goal.

Those three strikers don’t fill me with confidence I have to admit. Time will tell though. 

Yeah two of them only scored 37 between them in the PL, the other only managed 27 in 28 games in his league and got the player year and golden boot.

How may PL sides have better 3?

Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Chelsea, anyone else?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Glass half-full:

We have a fully-fit Vardy (one of our best-ever players), a striker who is now beginning to fulfil all his potential, and one of the best young strikers in world football.

Glass half-empty:

We have a knackered old striker whose legs and goals have gone, a striker who has a purple patch for a couple of months every four years, and an utterly unproven young striker.

As ever and as always, it will be somewhere in between.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

There is a best wishes message on the site >_<

Dont think theres any underlying issues or drama here, dont feel the need to add one for the sake of it

Nope, Rogers went out his way to praise him and call him model professional in conference today. 

• Like 3