Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Not his fault but I associate him with that shameful, embarrassing Newport game. Decent goal though.

There were many that day just as poor if not worse than as him, he was just the scapegoat for that day. Yes he was poor on the ball that game but I remember plenty hiding and not showing for the ball where as he was at least trying to make things happen.

hope it goes well for him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

His fee pretty much covers a loan fee or signing bonus at best. 

As usual, nobody knows what the actual fee is. But it’s not gonna be more than a couple of million quid. His wages gone arguably have more impact on the finances of this window, but every little helps.

Hopefully Newcastle use their sell-on clause money from Adam Armstrong to bring in Hamza. if we are able to move Praet out also, things are looking fairly decent.  

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

As usual, nobody knows what the actual fee is. But it’s not gonna be more than a couple of million quid. His wages gone arguably have more impact on the finances of this window, but every little helps.

Hopefully Newcastle use their sell-on clause money from Adam Armstrong to bring in Hamza. if we are able to move Praet out also, things are looking fairly decent.  

I wouldn’t let both Hamza AND Praet go

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I wouldn’t let both Hamza AND Praet go

Neither were heavily involved before we had KDH and Soumaré. I think Youri, Maddison, Ndidi, KDH, Soumaré and Mendy is plenty of central midfield players tbh. 

If we want a CB and RW before the window closes both will have to go, or rot in the reserves because we won’t be able to register them.

Edit: If I understand the rules correctly, in the case of Hamza he could stay, as he’d be eligible to play EL. But only EL games, so seems very unlikely. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It probably covers off the wages we'll end up subbing him for all season if we're honest.

Besiktas seem to be paying him about £2.5m a year which is 50k a week. He's probably not on much more than that here.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Besiktas seem to be paying him about £2.5m a year which is 50k a week. He's probably not on much more than that here.

Hope so. 

Hes the last in the line of some very dead wood in the squad.

At least the players in the squad we have now are fancied by the manager. He inherited a load that were on big money that didn't contribute anything.

53 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Neither were heavily involved before we had KDH and Soumaré. I think Youri, Maddison, Ndidi, KDH, Soumaré and Mendy is plenty of central midfield players tbh. 

If we want a CB and RW before the window closes both will have to go, or rot in the reserves because we won’t be able to register them.

Edit: If I understand the rules correctly, in the case of Hamza he could stay, as he’d be eligible to play EL. But only EL games, so seems very unlikely. 

I’d keep Praet and let Hamza go, I wouldn’t let both go and I’d be gobsmacked if we did! 

Guess it’s about finding that balancing act within the squad.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’d keep Praet and let Hamza go, I wouldn’t let both go and I’d be gobsmacked if we did! 

Guess it’s about finding that balancing act within the squad.

I wouldn't be that surprised. As @FoxesWalk says, they weren't playing much before we added Soumare and KDH to the squad, and as things stand, with only 3 home-grown players, I think we are going to have to leave at least 2 players out of the 25-man squad if we sign a CB as expected.

I suppose we can leave JJ out until Jan, but he will want adding in then, and then someone else has to be left out, instead. I expect Benkovic is likely to be left out, but then there is uncertainty over the CB positions at the mo. If we do end up signing a winger, as well, I think we'd have to be looking to shift 2 CMs, with Praet and Hamza the likeliest to leave. It might have been Mendy instead of Hamza, but he's injured.

GK: Kasper, Ward, Jaku (3)

CB: Evans, Cags, New CB, Amartey, Benko (5)

FB: Ricardo, Bertrand, Castagne, JJ (4)

CM: Youri, Ndidi, Soumare, KDH, Hamza, Praet, Mendy (7)

AM: Maddison, Barnes, Perez, Albrighton (4)

ST: Vardy, Daka, Nacho (3)

Total: 26

U21: Thomas, Sowah

7 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I wouldn't be that surprised. As @FoxesWalk says, they weren't playing much before we added Soumare and KDH to the squad, and as things stand, with only 3 home-grown players, I think we are going to have to leave at least 2 players out of the 25-man squad if we sign a CB as expected.

I suppose we can leave JJ out until Jan, but he will want adding in then, and then someone else has to be left out, instead. I expect Benkovic is likely to be left out, but then there is uncertainty over the CB positions at the mo. If we do end up signing a winger, as well, I think we'd have to be looking to shift 2 CMs, with Praet and Hamza the likeliest to leave. It might have been Mendy instead of Hamza, but he's injured.

I’m not saying it’s unlikely they’ll leave I’m just saying I wouldn’t let both of them go. All we need is an injury to Wilf or Youri and our options suddenly look considerably weaker (obviously)

I just like Praet, don’t want him to go. I’d let Hamza go on loan with a view to a permanent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m not saying it’s unlikely they’ll leave I’m just saying I wouldn’t let both of them go. All we need is an injury to Wilf or Youri and our options suddenly look considerably weaker (obviously)

I just like Praet, don’t want him to go. I’d let Hamza go on loan with a view to a permanent.

And yet you want him to fritter away his career sat on the bench with no look in :D

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I don't like thinking about injuries to Youri or Wilf, but I think we'd cope a lot better now we have Soumare and KDH than we would have before.

I do see what you mean, but we do currently have players who aren't going to make the cut. There's just not enough room for them all. I can't really remember us having this problem before. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think Praet is a decent player, but I thought it was weird how little he played last season, especially towards the back end when we started to struggle. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he wanted out, whether that's the reason for his omission, or as a result of it. He's also probably the most valuable and saleable fringe player we have.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Those three strikers don’t fill me with confidence I have to admit. Time will tell though. 

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

There were many that day just as poor if not worse than as him, he was just the scapegoat for that day. Yes he was poor on the ball that game but I remember plenty hiding and not showing for the ball where as he was at least trying to make things happen.

hope it goes well for him

I don't recall him being a scapegoat for that game, when you think of highlights you tend to think of goals hence associating him what that game in particular.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

And yet you want him to fritter away his career sat on the bench with no look in :D

There’ll likely be more than enough opportunities (injuries, cup games, congested fixture, etc.) for Praet to get enough games.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha, well. In fairness I’d utilise him more than Brendan does. He’d probably be a sub that I brought on in every single game