Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

Not that interested in going to Al Nassr but Besiktas struggling to reach our asking price, ffs just pay up!

http://sportwitness.co.uk/listened-offer-leicester-city-players-agent-confirms-interest-not-keen-move/

“We listened to the offer” – Leicester City player’s agent confirms interest – Not too keen on the move

Anouir Fazuli, agent of Leicester City winger Rachid Ghezzal, has spoken to Turkish journalist Ertan Suzgun and explained the latest situation with his client.

Last week we covered reports from Turkey which said Ghezzal is a target for Saudi Arabia club Al Nassr which could complicate things for Besiktas. He spent last season on loan with the Black Eagles, helping them to a domestic cup and league double.

It’s been well documented that Besiktas are looking to keep him in their squad for next season, but Fazila has revealed they are exploring all options for the Algerian player, although he’s not keen to join the Saudi side: “Ghezzal is on the list of Al Nassr, that is true. We listened to their offer. But that doesn’t mean we reached an agreement with Al Nassr. Ghezzal’s priority is to stay at Besiktas and that’s why he’s not keen on that offer.”

Suzgun also claims Besiktas have offered €1.5m basic wages to the Leicester City player, in addition to a €1m bonus depending on team and individual performances.

However, recent reports said the Turkish side are struggling to reach an agreement with Leicester City over the permanent transfer.

Ghezzal will become a free agent next summer and this has led to interest from other clubs looking to get a cut price deal for the forward. There were recent reports AS Monaco were interested and that the Foxes had also received an offer from an unnamed Serie A side.

Edited by moore_94

• 2 weeks later...

Lowered our asking price to €6m to get him gone

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-lower-demands-get-rid-player-soon-possible-club-making-great-efforts-sign/

Leicester lower demands to get rid of player ‘as soon as possible’ – Club making ‘great efforts’ to sign him

Leicester City have lowered their asking price for Rachid Ghezzal to €6m as they seek to get a deal over the line with Beşiktaş.

That’s according to Fanatik, who say the Turkish side are making ‘great efforts’ to keep Ghezzal after his successful loan spell last season.

The forward ended up as one of Beşiktaş’s key players during a loan spell at the club last season, having left Leicester, where Brendan Rodgers had made it clear he was not part of his plans.

That remains the case, and Fanatik say they want to be rid of the Algerian as ‘soon as possible’, so much, so they’ve lowered their demands from €10m to €6m.

That is a price which is much more affordable, with them having only spent around €1m to have the player last season as Leicester were paying the majority of his wages.

The Turkish side now want to ‘produce a new formula’ to keep Ghezzal, and the fact the player wants to continue with them is considered a bonus.

They have already met with his agent, who is the one who informed them of Leicester’s change of plans, although there is no indication that they will pay the €6m.

Leicester are clearly playing their part and trying to make things easy, though, so a deal is there to be done.

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lowered our asking price to €6m to get him gone

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-lower-demands-get-rid-player-soon-possible-club-making-great-efforts-sign/

Leicester lower demands to get rid of player ‘as soon as possible’ – Club making ‘great efforts’ to sign him

Leicester City have lowered their asking price for Rachid Ghezzal to €6m as they seek to get a deal over the line with Beşiktaş.

That’s according to Fanatik, who say the Turkish side are making ‘great efforts’ to keep Ghezzal after his successful loan spell last season.

The forward ended up as one of Beşiktaş’s key players during a loan spell at the club last season, having left Leicester, where Brendan Rodgers had made it clear he was not part of his plans.

That remains the case, and Fanatik say they want to be rid of the Algerian as ‘soon as possible’, so much, so they’ve lowered their demands from €10m to €6m.

That is a price which is much more affordable, with them having only spent around €1m to have the player last season as Leicester were paying the majority of his wages.

The Turkish side now want to ‘produce a new formula’ to keep Ghezzal, and the fact the player wants to continue with them is considered a bonus.

They have already met with his agent, who is the one who informed them of Leicester’s change of plans, although there is no indication that they will pay the €6m.

Leicester are clearly playing their part and trying to make things easy, though, so a deal is there to be done.

Ffs it’s like drawing teeth doing business with these fekkers 

• Like 1

Only we could loan a player out and them tear it up and we have to bend over backwards to sell him to them.

Turkish clubs are a nightmare to deal with, just a shame the French league is in ruins as he'd be easily bought for €10m otherwise.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Only we could loan a player out, and them tear it up and we have to bend over backwards to sell him to them.

Turkish clubs are a nightmare to deal with, just a shame the French league is in ruins as he'd be easily bought for €10m otherwise.

Any other summer he would have a number of suitors, just no one has any money.

6m is a lot more than we would have got this time last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

https://twitter.com/LiveLCFC/status/1409184910494113793?s=19

"If I cannot agree with Besiktas, I will consider other options. However, I know that Besiktas wants me very much and (has) tried everything to get me.

You mean other than actually pay the value set?

Hopefully means he will consider the Al-Nassr offer so we can get some decent $$$$ back for him

If we’re paying his wages to play for them we might just as well get him back here .

I assume that Turkish clubs actually do receive some form of hard currency for their participation in the CL in which case  why would we put up with their dicking us about like this when he might help them progress in the competition and get some form of return on a modest outlay 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, surrifox said:

If we’re paying his wages to play for them we might just as well get him back here .

I assume that Turkish clubs actually do receive some form of hard currency for their participation in the CL in which case  why would we put up with their dicking us about like this when he might help them progress in the competition and get some form of return on a modest outlay 

there’s no way we are paying 100% of his wages. 50% maybe.

But why have him back if he’s not going to play. Better to have him getting game time so he can sit in the ‘ shop window’ then sit in our reserves.

At his age, and sat in our reserves, we’ll never get a fee for him. At least we have a chance of  recouping some of our outlay on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

there’s no way we are paying 100% of his wages. 50% maybe.

But why have him back if he’s not going to play. Better to have him getting game time so he can sit in the ‘ shop window’ then sit in our reserves.

At his age, and sat in our reserves, we’ll never get a fee for him. At least we have a chance of  recouping some of our outlay on him.

On 26/06/2021 at 16:47, moore_94 said:

well this article says different - I'm guessing 1 million euros is substantially less than 50% of his wages.

It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that ghezzal's advisers are rejecting alternative buyers in the hope of landing him for Besiktas for buttons. I've no difficulty in believing that if that is achieved Besiktas will find a way of making some tangible gesture of gratitude to ghezzal and his agent..

If all were getting is  this million euros figure why shouldn't we pull the plug? . We do hold some of the cards and Besiktas will need to s**t or get off the pot if we show some intent.

15 minutes ago, surrifox said:

well this article says different - I'm guessing 1 million euros is substantially less than 50% of his wages.

It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that ghezzal's advisers are rejecting alternative buyers in the hope of landing him for Besiktas for buttons. I've no difficulty in believing that if that is achieved Besiktas will find a way of making some tangible gesture of gratitude to ghezzal and his agent..

If all were getting is  this million euros figure why shouldn't we pull the plug? . We do hold some of the cards and Besiktas will need to s**t or get off the pot if we show some intent.

this kind of proves my point though- we are not paying 100% of his wages. 

it’s possible we just want rid so we can allocate the funds elsewhere.

Edited by MPH

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

this kind of proves my point though- we are not paying 100% of his wages. 

it’s possible we just want rid so we can allocate the funds elsewhere.

I can understand that we want to reallocate funds from his sale but I don't think there is anything time critical in this nor with this season having relaxed ffp that means the amount in cash we are talking is negligible anyway.

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I can understand that we want to reallocate funds from his sale but I don't think there is anything time critical in this nor with this season having relaxed ffp that means the amount in cash we are talking is negligible anyway.

I don’t think our owners care so much about FFP regulations as they seem so business savvy anyway… and I don’t think it’s the transfer fee so much as the wages.. they might just want him gone before they get others in..

just guessing! 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I don’t think our owners care so much about FFP regulations as they seem so business savvy anyway… and I don’t think it’s the transfer fee so much as the wages.. they might just want him gone before they get others in..

just guessing! 

If it comes down to numbers on the books then fair enough. If not he'll have to enjoy the development squad for the year and rue the offers he had on the table this year. Oh, and not to trust the turks whether they're haggling over multimillion pound football deals or kebabs or barbers.

14 hours ago, UHDrive said:

If it comes down to numbers on the books then fair enough. If not he'll have to enjoy the development squad for the year and rue the offers he had on the table this year. Oh, and not to trust the turks whether they're haggling over multimillion pound football deals or kebabs or barbers.

I think is may a case of eradicating a bad smell around the place. Agree totally with your comments on Turkish Football Clubs.  They are pulling our chain over the fee, but lets get him gone and use the cash elsewhere.

• Like 1

Hopefully he will actually consider the options from Qatar and Saudi Arabia if Besiktas keep messing around

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-want-get-rid-player-buying-club-met-agent-trying-create-budget-sign/

Leicester want to get rid of player – Buying club have met with agent, ‘trying to create budget’ to sign him

Loaned out to Besiktas last year, Rachid Ghezzal impressed greatly away from Leicester City.

The Algeria international was the belle of the ball for the Süper Lig side, scoring eight goals and assisting another 17 in 31 league appearances, which has caused them, and rightly so, to try and keep him beyond the current loan deal.

Fanatik have the latest on the situation this Monday, claiming that Leicester have asked for around €6m for his transfer.

That is a feasible fee for the Turkish club, but who are ‘trying to create a budget for his transfer’, and ‘plan to spend most of the income from the sales of Ersin Destanoglu and Cyle Larin’ on Ghezzal.

Not only that, but those in charge of transfers at Besiktas ‘had a meeting with the star’s agent, Anoir Fazuli’.

Down his end, Ghezzal is ‘ready to reduce’ his wage demands if a transfer can be sorted out, but the player, currently on holiday in Dubai, ‘will have to return to England to rejoin Leicester if there is no development regarding his future this week’.

The Foxes ‘do not want to continue with Ghezzal’ and ‘want to get rid of their player as soon as possible’.

Meanwhile, clubs from Qatar and Saudi Arabia have already made their move, with offers of around €4m/year, but, for now, the forward wants to see if a deal with Besiktas can be agreed.

• Like 1

Get him gone and this is shaping up to be a 'Carlsberg' Transfer Window (if Youri extends).

Time to play hard ball with the Turks.