Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've never been given a decent chance with a Premier League club, either, but I imagine it would take most people about 30 seconds watching me to tell I'm not good enough. 

Well that explains why you ain’t a professional footballer and Ghezzal is.

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Well that explains why you ain’t a professional footballer and Ghezzal is.

Put me in the prem and I’ll look like a bag of cement.

play me against  18 month olds and I’ll  score every shot ( hopefully)

Premier League > Turkish league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

He’s better than Perez if we’re being honest. 

Can we give him credit for one of the greatest meaningless games we've all seen sotton 0 Leicester 9.

He was awesome that night. Not sure we would have done that without him.

Edited by sylofox

Ghezzal is a decent player , always played in top division football . He should never have been compared to Mahrez and too many on here did. Quite possibly he would be an OK bench player for us but he would take up a squad place and we need to pick the best we can for the coming season. I would give him a free transfer and let him find the best deal he can.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ghezzal is a decent player , always played in top division football . He should never have been compared to Mahrez and too many on here did. Quite possibly he would be an OK bench player for us but he would take up a squad place and we need to pick the best we can for the coming season. I would give him a free transfer and let him find the best deal he can.

Good job we have great owners who run our club then!

Letting a player mid contract  requires paying him up - Ghezzal will exit this preseason with a transfer fee received and no pay off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Good job we have great owners who run our club then!

Letting a player mid contract  requires paying him up - Ghezzal will exit this preseason with a transfer fee received and no pay off!

Besiktas will match our salary I believe if we don't ask for a fee. He signs for them and we get him off the payroll

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

or we can sell him for a fee. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Who is prepared to pay a fee and pay him as much as we do though?

Ghezzal has seemingly taken a pay cut to agree a contract with Besiktas - according to the latest news he has already agreed a deal with them

Now it is just a matter of how much Besiktas are willing to pay us for him

We aren't going to let Besiktas have him for nothing when we have had good offers from other clubs

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Who is prepared to pay a fee and pay him as much as we do though?

The clubs we are negotiating with. We're not just going to roll over and accept nothing because it's dragging on for a few weeks. 

Ghezzal wasn't in my opinion a permanent solution to the Mahrez absence. He was a stopgap. I also think Under was a see what he can do, and hope he can cut the mustard. I think the player we want either isn't available then. I've got my fingers crossed that we have someone lined up, but if they players available on a permanent deal don't fulfil what we need, we'll go for another Under-like deal for safety.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ghezzal has seemingly taken a pay cut to agree a contract with Besiktas - according to the latest news he has already agreed a deal with them

Now it is just a matter of how much Besiktas are willing to pay us for him, sounds like we will probably get a few million for him

Possibly but if I were him I'd run my contract down and leave on a free unless Besiktas were prepared to offer him at least a three year contract. At his age it is all about money and I can't see him putting himself out of pocket.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Possibly but if I were him I'd run my contract down and leave on a free unless Besiktas were prepared to offer him at least a three year contract. At his age it is all about money and I can't see him putting himself out of pocket.

So stay here for a season playing 0 football and missing out on a move that he seemingly really wants?

Is it not a good thing to see a player not making it all about money?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Having had the best season of his career he'll be buzzing to play next season, not sat at Leicester playing the odd league cup match.

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Having had the best season of his career he'll be buzzing to play next season, not sat at Leicester playing the odd league cup match.

I don't think he would even play if he stayed, club have made it clear he isn't wanted here, would be seen as a waste of a squad place

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Besiktas will match our salary I believe if we don't ask for a fee. He signs for them and we get him off the payroll

We’d also be around £5,000,000 worse off ……

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was very average for us. I remember half a decent game against Liverpool and that wad it.

Hes had one good season in France and one in Turkey.

I meant when he played under Puel in France that I think it was only half a season. He was poor here.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

if it was all about money he would've moved to one of the Saudi clubs that were in for him early last month

38 minutes ago, turlo said:

if it was all about money he would've moved to one of the Saudi clubs that were in for him early last month

They would have matched our salary but I heard nothing about a fee. His agent will be telling him to maintain his salary and look for at least a three year contract , similar to Slimani probably . Problem appears to be that interested clubs don't want to pay a fee as well. How you resolve that I have no idea. If we loan him out to Besiktas again , we probably subsidies his salary and they get him for nothing next year. Its appears to be a no-win problem for us.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

The price just keeps getting lower and lower lol going to end up letting him go for free at this rate

Agent confirms Leicester man can be signed for ‘between €2.5m-3.5m’ – Contract already sorted

Rachid Ghezzal can leave Leicester City for between €2.5m and €3.5m this summer, although Besiktas are yet to reach an agreement for him.

That’s according to Sporx, who cover comments from his agent Anouir Fazuli about a potential return to Turkey.

Ghezzal spent last season with the Turkish side after it was made clear he was not a part of Leicester’s plans moving forwards.

He made himself a key player with the Super Lig side with a number of impressive performances meaning he played a starring role in their title success.

Besiktas are keen to keep him and have been negotiating with Leicester for several months about a potential return.

So far, the two clubs are yet to reach an agreement, but it is widely felt that they will at some point, with all three parties wanting to get a deal done.

And it seems one can be done cheaply, with Fazuli revealing the Foxes asking price in his latest comments.

“For between 2.5 and 3.5 million euros, we can get Ghezzal’s services from Leicester City,” Sporx report him saying.

A relatively low price then, especially considering it was believed Leicester were asking for €6m not so long ago.

Perhaps Besiktas are playing the long game, hoping it’ll continue to reduce, which may end up happening given the Foxes want Ghezzal off the books.

Either way, Sporx report that the forward has a deal in place with them on a three year deal worth €2.25m a year, including bonuses, so it really is up to Besiktas to just stump up the money to make this deal happen.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-confirms-leicester-man-can-signed-e2-5m-3-5m-contract-already-sorted/

....keep him and play him in the stiffs..!!!

Besiktas has no intention of paying a fee for him. After his exploits last season, you would believe they would be keen to get him on their books.

Absolutely disgusting if they are looking for us to keep reducing the price, just do not give in to them.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

They would have matched our salary but I heard nothing about a fee. His agent will be telling him to maintain his salary and look for at least a three year contract , similar to Slimani probably . Problem appears to be that interested clubs don't want to pay a fee as well. How you resolve that I have no idea. If we loan him out to Besiktas again , we probably subsidies his salary and they get him for nothing next year. Its appears to be a no-win problem for us.

I think a Saudi club offered 10m Euros, didn't they?

59 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I thought Ghezzal thread would've only lasted about 2 pages.

In truth the amount of money is really  neither here nor there in the great scheme of things. Its about who backs down in a business shootout.