Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In truth the amount of money is really  neither here nor there in the great scheme of things. Its about who backs down in a business shootout.

...at £2m you could probably say that, but at £6m it is a different ask...!!!

There are certain clubs and cultures that adhere to this way of doing business. If Ghezzal wants to join them, he will have to buy out the remainder of his contract. Then he can ask for the money back from Besiktas as a big signing on bonus or an extra £10K a week in his wages.

Ghezzal was out of his depth in the premier league. Very poor signing, Maybe a bit better than Lammie Robertson, the all time worst player to have donned a City shirt in my 60 years of watching the lads, but only just!

Wish him well overseas, a decent bloke, but clearly not for us. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think a Saudi club offered 10m Euros, didn't they?

That was an Italian club (https://insidefutbol.com/2021/06/09/leicester-city-knock-back-bid-from-italian-club-for-29-year-old/512215/)

Al-Nassr (same club we sold Musa to) were the Saudi club who were previously interested

There has also been interest in him from France

I get the feeling it was Ghezzal forcing our hand into turning down the bid from the Italian club and probably any other interest as he seems so set on going back to Besiktas he doesn’t seem to be interested in any other clubs - even willing to take a paycut to join them, probably going to miss out on a good chunk of money because of it - fee is expected to be around €2.5-€3.5m now

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

In truth the amount of money is really  neither here nor there in the great scheme of things. Its about who backs down in a business shootout.

Do you say the same when you are selling your house and someone offers you 30% less than the asking price......

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....keep him and play him in the stiffs..!!!

Besiktas has no intention of paying a fee for him. After his exploits last season, you would believe they would be keen to get him on their books.

Absolutely disgusting if they are looking for us to keep reducing the price, just do not give in to them.

If we can’t get anything for him due to him being awkward about which club he’s willing to go to, we have little to lose by keeping him till January and seeing if his newfound confidence makes him more useful in the PL. At the very least the threat of doing so might force Besiktas to loosen the purse strings.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Ghezzal was out of his depth in the premier league. Very poor signing, Maybe a bit better than Lammie Robertson, the all time worst player to have donned a City shirt in my 60 years of watching the lads, but only just!

Come on he wasn't THAT bad. Musa was certainly worse. Or even Zieler. Zieler was terrible. List is a long one too! Honorable mentions to kane who was shocking when he was here (clearly didn't care) and inler. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If we can’t get anything for him due to him being awkward about which club he’s willing to go to, we have little to lose by keeping him till January and seeing if his newfound confidence makes him more useful in the PL. At the very least the threat of doing so might force Besiktas to loosen the purse strings.

....he will probably be coming out with we are keeping him in a prison and we need to let him go!!!

If he wants to go so urgently, buy his contract from the club. I am amazed they have the temerity to keep pleading poverty, and expecting clubs to bend over and indulge them.

Disgusting attitude!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Exactly . As I said previously it wouldn’t surprise me if his agent stands to benefit financially with a kick back if Besiktas save money on the fee by his refusal to cooperate . 

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Can we give him credit for one of the greatest meaningless games we've all seen sotton 0 Leicester 9.

He was awesome that night. Not sure we would have done that without him.

And that handball the other month😊

2 hours ago, frany104 said:

Keep Ghezzal and sell Perez. Has proved at Besiktas he’s more effective than Perez ever will be. 

It wouldn't happen, but I bet Perez would have excellent stats in the Turkish league and whilst Perez has been poor for us, he has had better stats in the PL when playing at Newcastle, than Ghazzel has had at Leicester.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, NasPb said:

Come on he wasn't THAT bad. Musa was certainly worse. Or even Zieler. Zieler was terrible. List is a long one too! Honorable mentions to kane who was shocking when he was here (clearly didn't care) and inler. 

McGiven

Lewis

Zieler

…… the list is endless. 

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you say the same when you are selling your house and someone offers you 30% less than the asking price......

No , of course not but we are not talking about the sort of money that Arsenal lost in the Ozil disaster. He is the last of our big mistakes if you don't include Perez. It just seems one of those hits you have to take and then move on 

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Absolutely.

If Besiktas won't pay and Ghezzal won't go anywhere else, we should keep him on principle and have him sweep the car park rather than be manipulated by club and player into letting him go for buttons.  It won't do our reputation any good if we bend over for Besiktas.  Pay up or sod off. 

• Like 2

Not really, as Murphy has stated, no company can be seen to bend over. If you do that once others will try the same tactic. I personally would tell them to either a. Pay up or b. Foxtrot Oscar… then again, it ain’t my money

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Lammie Robertson! Didnt we get him from Exeter or somewhere he was their star player? Blimey, we've had some duds. Gregor Stevens is another. 

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If Beskitas are really only offering €3m then I'd prefer to see us refuse to sell at that price. 

Let Ghezzal stay here and give him the option of moving to another club who offer an acceptable fee or spend his last year at Leicester with the U23's as a 29yo.

We have to offer these players high salaries and long contracts to get them to come and if they fail we are stuck with them. There is always a risk but you have to be pretty sure of what you've got before you commit. The more academy players we bring through the less risky transfers we have to indulge in.

50 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If Beskitas are really only offering €3m then I'd prefer to see us refuse to sell at that price. 

Let Ghezzal stay here and give him the option of moving to another club who offer an acceptable fee or spend his last year at Leicester with the U23's as a 29yo.

I agree. Can't be pushed around like this. With other clubs interested, I'd tell Ghezzal that we won't accept Besiktas's piss-take offers - you can either go somewhere else or rot in the reserves for a year.

This is just like when Blackpool were taking the piss when they wanted DJ Campbell. I think our asking price was only £1m and they'd just been promoted to the PL. We acted like we were going to keep him. Played him at the start of the season and it worked - they paid up.

• Like 3