Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

Looks like we will get about £5m for him, annoying he seems so set on Besiktas because we could have got more for him from elsewhere

Leicester expect to sell Rachid Ghezzal to Besiktas

Leicester are hoping to recoup a fee in the region of £5million for winger Rachid Ghezzal, who is deemed surplus to requirements at the King Power Stadium.

The Algerian, who was signed by Claude Puel in August 2018 for an initial £10m, impressed on loan at Besiktas last season where he hit eight goals and registered 17 assists in the Turkish Super Lig.

Ghezzal has one year remaining on his Leicester contract and wants to make the move to Istanbul permanent after winning the Turkish double and qualifying for the Champions League.

However, Besiktas will not begin negotiations with Leicester until they have finalised an agreement with Ghezzal and his representatives over a contract.

Bitter rivals Galatasaray are interested in hijacking the move but Ghezzal has already been public that he wants to stay at Besiktas and the club have scheduled further talks this week.

He also has offers from the Middle East, France and Italy but is expected to return to Vodafone Park and net the Foxes a small fee.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1458790/Taylors-Tuesday-Transfers-news-Wout-Weghorst-Tottenham-Arsenal-goalkeepers

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like we will get about £5m for him, annoying he seems so set on Besiktas because we could have got more for him from elsewhere

Leicester expect to sell Rachid Ghezzal to Besiktas

Leicester are hoping to recoup a fee in the region of £5million for winger Rachid Ghezzal, who is deemed surplus to requirements at the King Power Stadium.

The Algerian, who was signed by Claude Puel in August 2018 for an initial £10m, impressed on loan at Besiktas last season where he hit eight goals and registered 17 assists in the Turkish Super Lig.

Ghezzal has one year remaining on his Leicester contract and wants to make the move to Istanbul permanent after winning the Turkish double and qualifying for the Champions League.

However, Besiktas will not begin negotiations with Leicester until they have finalised an agreement with Ghezzal and his representatives over a contract.

Bitter rivals Galatasaray are interested in hijacking the move but Ghezzal has already been public that he wants to stay at Besiktas and the club have scheduled further talks this week.

He also has offers from the Middle East, France and Italy but is expected to return to Vodafone Park and net the Foxes a small fee.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1458790/Taylors-Tuesday-Transfers-news-Wout-Weghorst-Tottenham-Arsenal-goalkeepers

Annoying or not, if anyone had offered us £5M for him a year ago we'd have bitten their hands off! I think as losses go, this'd be very acceptable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Annoying or not, if anyone had offered us £5M for him a year ago we'd have bitten their hands off! I think as losses go, this'd be very acceptable.

I think a year ago everyone expect him to see his contract out and send his time on loan for the last two season of it.

5m and saving a years wages is better then 0 and paying his wages for a year.

The last of the real dead wood chopped 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 08:51, Horibbly Wrong said:

He could be the right winger we are after and in a way he's free as we already own him! #keepghezzalforthebantz

👽

Yes its a strange thing all those people just want rid of him at any price are the same ones that would see another player with the same stats for £12M shouting for us to get him into the club quick :-)

.....he has the skills, he had the platform he just did not believe that he could compete in this league!!!

Maybe he was right, maybe this was just too much of a reach for him and he is now at a level where he can thrive, but surely there is more.

His stats from last season is just unreal, and yet again, we comeback to the level he is competing at, but with such figures surely he is beyond the level he played last season and proves that he has a bigger ceiling.

He never had the attitude that he now plays with and that was what was missing when he played for us, he now has an arrogance in his game and wingers need to have that self belief because you make mistakes and you have got to believe the next time you will get it right. He is in a comfort zone at the moment and perhaps for him it is the right place for him and he is probably happy and content with his life. There will therefore be no point in putting all that to one side, to prove something that, despite what has led him to a place where he feels he now should be, I would like to think he would want to take that one chance, to come back to the Premiership, as I really believe there is unfinished business here.

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....he has the skills, he had the platform he just did not believe that he could compete in this league!!!

Maybe he was right, maybe this was just too much of a reach for him and he is now at a level where he can thrive, but surely there is more.

His stats from last season is just unreal, and yet again, we comeback to the level he is competing at, but with such figures surely he is beyond the level he played last season and proves that he has a bigger ceiling.

He never had the attitude that he now plays with and that was what was missing when he played for us, he now has an arrogance in his game and wingers need to have that self belief because you make mistakes and you have got to believe the next time you will get it right. He is in a comfort zone at the moment and perhaps for him it is the right place for him and he is probably happy and content with his life. There will therefore be no point in putting all that to one side, to prove something that, despite what has led him to a place where he feels he now should be, I would like to think he would want to take that one chance, to come back to the Premiership, as I really believe there is unfinished business here.

give it up. He wants gone, we want him gone, 

1 minute ago, MPH said:

give it up. He wants gone, we want him gone, 

.....not talking about him maintaining his contract with us, just the thought that what he set out initially to achieve, may be actually achievable, he just need to approach it with the new mentality he now shows.

The price just keeps getting lower and lower lol going to end up letting him go for free at this rate

Agent confirms Leicester man can be signed for ‘between €2.5m-3.5m’ – Contract already sorted

Rachid Ghezzal can leave Leicester City for between €2.5m and €3.5m this summer, although Besiktas are yet to reach an agreement for him.

That’s according to Sporx, who cover comments from his agent Anouir Fazuli about a potential return to Turkey.

Ghezzal spent last season with the Turkish side after it was made clear he was not a part of Leicester’s plans moving forwards.

He made himself a key player with the Super Lig side with a number of impressive performances meaning he played a starring role in their title success.

Besiktas are keen to keep him and have been negotiating with Leicester for several months about a potential return.

So far, the two clubs are yet to reach an agreement, but it is widely felt that they will at some point, with all three parties wanting to get a deal done.

And it seems one can be done cheaply, with Fazuli revealing the Foxes asking price in his latest comments.

“For between 2.5 and 3.5 million euros, we can get Ghezzal’s services from Leicester City,” Sporx report him saying.

A relatively low price then, especially considering it was believed Leicester were asking for €6m not so long ago.

Perhaps Besiktas are playing the long game, hoping it’ll continue to reduce, which may end up happening given the Foxes want Ghezzal off the books.

Either way, Sporx report that the forward has a deal in place with them on a three year deal worth €2.25m a year, including bonuses, so it really is up to Besiktas to just stump up the money to make this deal happen.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-confirms-leicester-man-can-signed-e2-5m-3-5m-contract-already-sorted/

Just now, LestaLad said:

He’s better than Perez if we’re being honest. 

Ghezzal's almost set up as many goals this season as Perez has in his league career (17 vs 23).

That's not the only barometer of how good a player is, obviously, but Perez offers almost nothing apart from his work rate. He's slow, a poor dribbler, gets dispossessed embarrassingly often, barely scores and slows play down completely.

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

He’s better than Perez if we’re being honest. 

I mean. What a ridiculous view.

I don't rate perez that highly but he has at least shown some ability in a decent league. Ghezzal has had 2 decent seasons in his entire career and one of those was in Turkey.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't rate perez that highly but he has at least shown some ability in a decent league. Ghezzal has had 2 decent seasons in his entire career and one of those was in Turkey.

I think it's one and a half decent seasons if my memory is correct. When he played under Puel and did well I think it was less than a season

1 minute ago, foxpleasure said:

I think it's one and a half decent seasons if my memory is correct. When he played under Puel and did well I think it was less than a season

He was very average for us. I remember half a decent game against Liverpool and that wad it.

Hes had one good season in France and one in Turkey.

John Barnes could write a rap for this.....

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He’s a technical player that given time and space will punish you.... but you don’t get time and space in the prem unless you can make it for yourself 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

The price just keeps getting lower and lower lol going to end up letting him go for free at this rate

Agent confirms Leicester man can be signed for ‘between €2.5m-3.5m’ – Contract already sorted

Rachid Ghezzal can leave Leicester City for between €2.5m and €3.5m this summer, although Besiktas are yet to reach an agreement for him.

That’s according to Sporx, who cover comments from his agent Anouir Fazuli about a potential return to Turkey.

Ghezzal spent last season with the Turkish side after it was made clear he was not a part of Leicester’s plans moving forwards.

He made himself a key player with the Super Lig side with a number of impressive performances meaning he played a starring role in their title success.

Besiktas are keen to keep him and have been negotiating with Leicester for several months about a potential return.

So far, the two clubs are yet to reach an agreement, but it is widely felt that they will at some point, with all three parties wanting to get a deal done.

And it seems one can be done cheaply, with Fazuli revealing the Foxes asking price in his latest comments.

“For between 2.5 and 3.5 million euros, we can get Ghezzal’s services from Leicester City,” Sporx report him saying.

A relatively low price then, especially considering it was believed Leicester were asking for €6m not so long ago.

Perhaps Besiktas are playing the long game, hoping it’ll continue to reduce, which may end up happening given the Foxes want Ghezzal off the books.

Either way, Sporx report that the forward has a deal in place with them on a three year deal worth €2.25m a year, including bonuses, so it really is up to Besiktas to just stump up the money to make this deal happen.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-confirms-leicester-man-can-signed-e2-5m-3-5m-contract-already-sorted/

I really gives great insight on how far away some leagues are financially from the PL.... worrying.

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I really gives great insight on how far away some leagues are financially from the PL.... worrying.

Besiktas are in the UCL ffs.

45 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was never given a proper chance here. I’m sure if he played as many games as Perez has for us then he would have a lot better numbers.

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

He was never given a proper chance here. I’m sure if he played as many games as Perez has for us then he would have a lot better numbers.

I've never been given a decent chance with a Premier League club, either, but I imagine it would take most people about 30 seconds watching me to tell I'm not good enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1