Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Abrasive? (Where has he gone BTW?) Daniel James is a good team player (seems down to Earth, maybe I’ve missed something) and players mostly on the right side. 

Then again betting odds fluctuations have proven to be a red herring! 

...not sure about the betting thing!!!

On the pitch he does comes across as aggressive and vocal, he plays predominantly on the Left Wing although he has sometimes played on the right.

Wasn't he on the bench when we last played them, three goals in Fourteen and three yellow cards, this season. 

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with Elliot Thorpe from Spurs, 20 year old centre mid, would be an under 23 signing, meant to be highly rated

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leicester-city-set-sights-on-signing-tottenham-contract-rebel-thorpe/

Genuinely confused what some players see in our academy. Admittedly a beautiful training ground, but what else? 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Genuinely confused what some players see in our academy. Admittedly a beautiful training ground, but what else? 

They see players breaking in to the first team and getting opportunities, like Barnes, Hamza, Chilwell, Thomas, also PL debuts for Leshabela, Tavares this season. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot is placed on how shocking our U23 side is.... but really, if you're good enough you tend to skip that stage, or skirt past it. The majority of players who have 'made it' have gone from U18 level, to either out on loan or straight into the first team set up.

The U23 idea isn't fit for purpose universally never mind just at Leicester, it's where average players go to die until they end up in the National League or lower leagues working their way back up.

47 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Not sure, shall we ask FA Cup winning, 19 year old Luke Thomas how his life in our academy has been so far?

Winning the cup doesn't mean they'll manage to make it into the first team or even at any level.

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

A lot is placed on how shocking our U23 side is.... but really, if you're good enough you tend to skip that stage, or skirt past it. The majority of players who have 'made it' have gone from U18 level, to either out on loan or straight into the first team set up.

The U23 idea isn't fit for purpose universally never mind just at Leicester, it's where average players go to die until they end up in the National League or lower leagues working their way back up.

That's true. I guess we read a lot about the poor standards u23, which at least in my case, can make us seem poor. We've only seen a few manage to make the jump from u23 without skipping. 

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think the only player recently who has been stuck in the u23s and managed to get out and do well is KDH, didn't get his loan with Blackpool until he was 21

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Winning the cup doesn't mean they'll manage to make it into the first team or even at any level.

That's true. I guess we read a lot about the poor standards u23, which at least in my case, can make us seem poor. We've only seen a few manage to make the jump from u23 without skipping. 

Eh what? He's been a first team regular for the past two months. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Not many we sign age 16-20 go on to be first team material but that doesn't surprise me, you aren't getting such kids on frees very often that go on to be PL class within a few years.

I think VDC is the only 18+ player we have signed from another club on a free that has actually made a first team appearance for us

Other than that it would be Suengchitthawon on the bench

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Was responding to a person saying winning the cup with Thomas in the 11 is a huge pull to the academy.  

Tbf I was more tying to be facetious than make any actual point lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think VDC is the only 18+ player we have signed from another club on a free that has actually made a first team appearance for us

Other than that it would be Suengchitthawon on the bench

Hirst as well.

We've signed Iversen and Sowah who likely will too in the coming years.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hirst as well.

We've signed Iversen and Sowah who likely will too in the coming years.

I guess technically Hirst as well, although I imagine we shoved some "cheers for helping out" money to Leuven in that transfer haha

Iversen and Sowah thankfully look like it will pay off really well, or even if not we should get a decent fee for them

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I guess technically Hirst as well, although I imagine we shoved some "cheers for helping out" money to Leuven in that transfer haha

Iversen and Sowah thankfully look like it will pay off really well, or even if not we should get a decent fee for them

I can see us recruiting many more 16-20 players this season either for medium fees or frees from bigger clubs. Not sure if this helps the academy pathway or hinders but right now it's a pretty unsavoury couple of age groups. The coaches need to take some of the hit for that though.

1 minute ago, Simmo86 said:

Don't know how to embed tweets but Sam Martin who leaks the team reckons we want Benteke :dunno:

Just saw this to. Bit random but would give us a different option. 

We trying to build the Belgium team? Not a bad tactic 

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

One a free, I’d take him tbh :dunno:

We have needed a big striker that can actually get on the end of a cross ever since Ulloa left, throw him on with 10 minutes left and get Albrighton wipping balls in like prime Beckham