Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thomas doesn't need 40 games in the Championship. 20+ in the PL and Europe will keep him progressing nicely and seldom let's us down. 

Can't see Thomas getting that many games if we have Castagne, Ricardo, Justin and possibly Gossens / Bertrand, who will all be ahead of him. 

If we sign another left back, I think Thomas will be loaned out to championship team unless a lower premier league team wants him on loan

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would this depend how far along we feel Luke is?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That's some serious come down from Gosens, I really hope not.

I think if Bertrand came in he would rotate with Luke. If we got Gosens, Luke is more back than rotating for a first team spot.

7 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Can't see Thomas getting that many games if we have Castagne, Ricardo, Justin and possibly Gossens / Bertrand, who will all be ahead of him. 

If we sign another left back, I think Thomas will be loaned out to championship team unless a lower premier league team wants him on loan

Justin won't be fit until around November time so basically thst rules put about half of next season already in which Thomas will feature a fair bit. We aren't signing Gosens and Bertrand. Bertrand might be signed if we don't deem LB a priority position in bringing in an improvement on what we got and more of an experienced replacement for Fuchs.

• Like 2

There will be a lot of games next year and part of how much everyone plays really depends on how much of a recovery both Riccy P and JJ make; if they both come back strongly, we are spoilt for choice. If they don't then we need them all around.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin won't be fit until around November time so basically thst rules put about half of next season already in which Thomas will feature a fair bit. We aren't signing Gosens and Bertrand. Bertrand might be signed if we don't deem LB a priority position in bringing in an improvement on what we got and more of an experienced replacement for Fuchs.

I meant signing Gossens or Bertrand. The fact we are getting credible links to left backs suggests we are probably trying to bring one in and one who is also experienced playing as a LWB.

That's a fair point and Thomas will still be U21 next season so it would be useful to keep around as he won't take up a position in our 25 man squad for the premier league. However I can't see us having more than four players in the squad who can cover left back when you still have the likes of Albrighton to step in during an unlikely injury crisis if it happened. He simply won't get the game time he needs to develop and it isn't the best squad management.

If he has a blinder of a preseason, Rodgers might choose to keep him around until January to see how he gets on and before Justin is fully back in action.

10 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I meant signing Gossens or Bertrand. The fact we are getting credible links to left backs suggests we are probably trying to bring one in and one who is also experienced playing as a LWB.

That's a fair point and Thomas will still be U21 next season so it would be useful to keep around as he won't take up a position in our 25 man squad for the premier league. However I can't see us having more than four players in the squad who can cover left back when you still have the likes of Albrighton to step in during an unlikely injury crisis if it happened. He simply won't get the game time he needs to develop and it isn't the best squad management.

If he has a blinder of a preseason, Rodgers might choose to keep him around until January to see how he gets on and before Justin is fully back in action.

I think this is the most likely option if we sign Gosens

We saw with Ricardo how long it takes a player with that kind of injury to get back up to speed (I mean the whole season could end up being just a write off for Justin with how poorly the come back has gone for Ricardo), probably better off keeping Thomas here until at least January and giving Justin plenty of time to recover and possibly playing in some under 23 games to start getting some fitness back as well

• Like 1

Didn't Bertrand say that Reading were a bigger club than us back in the Championship days? 

I don't particularly rate him. He is a solid mid/lower Prem player. Not sure why we would be interested and don't really get why he would leave Southampton

• Like 4

Obviously, not your typical football player. I can just imagine a conversation between him and Vardy! 

"Bertrand is a founder of the Fin-tech brokerage Silicon Markets which provides machine learning and algorithmic trading tools for retail traders in the Foreign Exchange and CFD markets."

I'd take him purely because he's won a CL winners medal and he would become only our 4th player connected to the club to have done so. (including European Cup). Might be wrong. Might only be 3?

• Sad 1

Just now, enmac said:

Obviously, not your typical football player. I can just imagine a conversation between him and Vardy! 

"Bertrand is a founder of the Fin-tech brokerage Silicon Markets which provides machine learning and algorithmic trading tools for retail traders in the Foreign Exchange and CFD markets."

I'd take him purely because he's won a CL winners medal and he would become only our 4th player connected to the club to have done so. (including European Cup). Might be wrong. Might only be 3?

At least 6 if you include finalists.

7 hours ago, Kierzz said:

I would definitely keep Thomas if it was my call (and wouldn't touch Bertrand at all).

Castagne and Ricardo are much less effective playing on the left (in the LB/LWB role) than on the right. Personally think the less they play there, the better. And the will be injuries next year again. Positions that look stacked might not look so with the odd injury or two. 

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have had enough injury problems as it is, I hope we don't go anywhere near him

Fit right in at Palace as a Liverpool reject on a massive wage (Sakho, Benteke)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FOXSE said:

Not from twitter, but wonder what bought this on....

Screenshot_20210517-215510_Samsung Internet.jpg

...he is very direct and a good player!!!

Felt we had missed the boat when he ended up at United. He seems very abrasive and any potential to rub people up the wrong way is perhaps not a good trait to bring into the club.

Being a left sided player also does not make sense for us, unless we are looking to bring Barnes central in the #10 slot.

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is very direct and a good player!!!

Felt we had missed the boat when he ended up at United. He seems very abrasive and any potential to rub people up the wrong way is perhaps not a good trait to bring into the club.

Being a left sided player also does not make sense for us, unless we are looking to bring Barnes central in the #10 slot.

Abrasive? (Where has he gone BTW?) Daniel James is a good team player (seems down to Earth, maybe I’ve missed something) and players mostly on the right side. 

Then again betting odds fluctuations have proven to be a red herring!