Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ricardo is still 27 and not 28 until October with two years left on his deal.

He's the only fit first team RB at the club outside of Castagne. Unless we're going all in with the 3-4-1-2 and plan on using Albrighton to be the alternative to Castagne then I can't see it. Also who would take him and for how much as he has been nowhere hear his scintillating self since his injury?

James Justin can play right back!

Ricardo is one of my favourite players, I just find it unusual he's not in line for a new contract given that pre-injury he was in world class form. From a sensibility perspective it makes sense, but this is the club that gave Matty James a 4 year deal not that long ago!

Anyway here's hoping he stays and gets his form back. Watching him in full flow is a joy to behold.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

James Justin can play right back!

Ricardo is one of my favourite players, I just find it unusual he's not in line for a new contract given that pre-injury he was in world class form. From a sensibility perspective it makes sense, but this is the club that gave Matty James a 4 year deal not that long ago!

Anyway here's hoping he stays and gets his form back. Watching him in full flow is a joy to behold.

Looking at Ricardo this season JJ may be a write off next season so I wasn't including him.

Ricardo pre injury was arguably the best player at the club and to sell we would probably have asked for £50-60m, any club in the world could have made room for him. Hopefully we see that player again. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sdb said:

So we want Goosens, Tawkowski, Trinacao, Soumare and Toney/Edouard?

That's £125m in transfer fees. Let's hope Newcastle really, really want Hamza Choudhury...

I mean what a window that would be but can anybody really see us spending 100 million, especially in this climate. It would be a bold move from Top and a show of real intent and would likely stabilise us as a top six maybe four club with the depth to stay there but 100 million plus would be an incredible move.

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I mean what a window that would be but can anybody really see us spending 100 million, especially in this climate. It would be a bold move from Top and a show of real intent and would likely stabilise us as a top six maybe four club with the depth to stay there but 100 million plus would be an incredible move.

I honestly think those 5 could establish us as a top 4 side, but what a risk. Surely we'd have to recoup at least 30-40m from Hamza, Amartey and one of Mendy or Praet.

58 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the wages bill will preclude this I would think!!!

id like to think they’ve realized our squad was a bit too threadbare this season, PLUS champions league game has got to mean a bigger squad surely..

32 minutes ago, MPH said:

id like to think they’ve realized our squad was a bit too threadbare this season, PLUS champions league game has got to mean a bigger squad surely..

Are you allowed a bigger squad for CL or is it the same as EL? If the same, then the squad will need a greater depth of better quality players.

6 hours ago, sdb said:

So we want Goosens, Tawkowski, Trinacao, Soumare and Toney/Edouard?

That's £125m in transfer fees. Let's hope Newcastle really, really want Hamza Choudhury...

Reckon we probably won't go for tarkowski. Trincao could be a loan and or faivre. 

Faivre and soumare will cost less due to the new French league tv deal that has dropped player value. 

According to the celtic fan in this forum edouard wouldn't cost so much. 

Remember, Morgan, fuchs, and others will be gone contract wise 

Ghezzal, hamza, and possibly amartey will be gone 

We won't be signing Ünder either. 

I'm not saying it matches up BUT if we get champions league it's doable, although i wouldn't expect that many signings 

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Are you allowed a bigger squad for CL or is it the same as EL? If the same, then the squad will need a greater depth of better quality players.

Same as EL

25 man squad - 4 club homegrown, 4 nation homegrown, 17 foreign

Edited by moore_94

What’s the story with fifa fair play at the minute? There was talk of it being relaxed because of the pandemic but I’ve not actually read anything of the sorts. If that’s the case would Top/King Power risk spending big and signing 3/4/5 players for £100m to put us in the top 4 chase for the foreseeable?

3 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

What’s the story with fifa fair play at the minute? There was talk of it being relaxed because of the pandemic but I’ve not actually read anything of the sorts. If that’s the case would Top/King Power risk spending big and signing 3/4/5 players for £100m to put us in the top 4 chase for the foreseeable?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/18/uefa-agree-to-suspend-financial-fair-play-rules-due-to-pandemic

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Choudhury. Ghazal. Praet. You're looking at 40 Mill max for that lot I reckon. If we get champions league I reckon we will spend though. Exciting times. Hopefully. 

Come on Burnley. 

Also fees/wages for Gray, Slimani and Silva in the last year. Under we probably had the £20 mil budgeted if he was to be signed. Benkovic could leave if anyone would be willing to pay too.

Jakupovic, Morgan, Fuchs, James all leaving in the summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slymunn said:

Also fees/wages for Gray, Slimani and Silva in the last year. Under we probably had the £20 mil budgeted if he was to be signed. Benkovic could leave if anyone would be willing to pay too.

Jakupovic, Morgan, Fuchs, James all leaving in the summer.

James is under contract until 2022. He may be leaving but we remain obligated to pay him unless someone buys him