Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought about him yesterday weirdly enough, but surely we won't be going into next season with 4 strikers?

If we’re gonna stick with 2 up front we probably need 4 strikers at least in the squad.

Guest SO1
3 hours ago, Sly said:

Benteke that was at Aston Villa was a beast. 42 goals in 89 games.

Since then, 40 in 165.

Injuries destroyed him. Injured practically from the moment Liverpool bought him.

Rodgers wanted to run the attack around him. Then came the injuries to him and Ings, Rodgers fired and Klopp rebuilds. The rest is history.

Guest SO1
52 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

If we’re gonna stick with 2 up front we probably need 4 strikers at least in the squad.

There's no way unless those strikers/attackers can play out wide. Cant see us with more than Iheanacho, Edouard and Vardy at striker. We need the versatility.

afcstuff (@afcstuff) Tweeted:
Ryan Bertrand is reportedly among the players being looked at after it was confirmed that he will leave Southampton at the end of the season. Football London also understands that Arsenal are competing with Leicester to sign Hibernian left-back Josh Doig. [Football London] #afc https://t.co/dxwRkXWFgY https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1393109231503556618?s=20

59 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

afcstuff (@afcstuff) Tweeted:
Ryan Bertrand is reportedly among the players being looked at after it was confirmed that he will leave Southampton at the end of the season. Football London also understands that Arsenal are competing with Leicester to sign Hibernian left-back Josh Doig. [Football London] #afc https://t.co/dxwRkXWFgY https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1393109231503556618?s=20

We won't go after Doig. He's good, but (roughly) the same age as Luke T - and he obviously has a future. Also Doig won't be cheap (though it is only Scottish prices!). I think Bertrand could be on, as a Fuchs replacement - for a couple of years, while Thomas develops. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

We won't go after Doig. He's good, but (roughly) the same age as Luke T - and he obviously has a future. Also Doig won't be cheap (though it is only Scottish prices!). I think Bertrand could be on, as a Fuchs replacement - for a couple of years, while Thomas develops. 

2m apparently, but I think you're right tbh. A more experienced head needed.

Benteke on a free, on reasonable ish wages I'd take as a 3rd/4th choice. But if we were interested that would probably suggest 3 at the back is the preferred system into next season.

I doubt it would happen, not least as we couldn't guarantee him much playing time (especially if Edouard comes in) but Rodgers has shown this year he is prepared to put his football principles to one side to try and get results against the big sides. Who knows if that means he would be prepared to adopt a plan B in terms of a target man.

Benteke definitely offers us something we have been missing. If we are struggling to break teams down then i can't really think of a better striker in the air who could come on as a sub. 

I have my doubts about this though as i am fairly certain Rodgers has stated before he has one way of playing so i can't see Benteke fitting in with those plans. 

Benteke is woeful 

You might as well sign an extra centre half and throw him on for the last 10 minutes for an extra bit of stability at the back or a last throw of the dice. 

It worked a bit for Walsh, Taggart and Elliott. 

James, I think, would be a very good fit for us👍

There’s actually a diamond in benteke somewhere. I’m not sure if it will ever come out again but the benteke at villa was sublime.  He’s still only 30. 

If he was being brought in for a game like Southampton... it would actually have been a real asset. 

Im not for it, but I’m not against it either.... obviously only if we were also signing edouard or toney 

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Benteke is woeful 

You might as well sign an extra centre half and throw him on for the last 10 minutes for an extra bit of stability at the back or a last throw of the dice. 

It worked a bit for Walsh, Taggart and Elliott. 

James, I think, would be a very good fit for us👍

Wouldn't James cost a lot?