Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

Where the fook are the Benteke rumours coming from?  He is shite end of.  Even the Palace fans take the pee out of him.  Dont want him anywhere near our club,

You’ll be saying that at 6pm when he’s bagged a brace at Anfield 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Linked with Ozan Tufan again, possibly including Ghezzal as part of the deal

“Leicester City included in Fenerbahçe's plans to sit at the table with the option of Rachid Ghezzal to transfer Ozan Tufan.”

• Like 2

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with Ozan Tufan again, possibly including Ghezzal as part of the deal

“Leicester City included in Fenerbahçe's plans to sit at the table with the option of Rachid Ghezzal to transfer Ozan Tufan.”

Another CDM? Maybe our backup option for Soumare

1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Another CDM? Maybe our backup option for Soumare

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Or Mendy, should he be deemed surplus to requirements.

I think both Hamza and Mendy will probably leave

I was pleased to see Mendy sign a new contract, and he did a good job in the first third of the season, but he has been painfully exposed any time he has played since.

He just can't cover the ground well enough to be trusted as a direct Ndidi replacement as a lone defensive midfielder, especially behind 2 players lacking in mobility in Tielemans and Maddison.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We were linked with him a few months back. How many central midfielders do we need? 

If we offload the likes of Hamza and Praet we probably need 2: Soumare and Ricci I guess?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

This guy ain’t the best source in the world hence it’s in this thread 

im totally against this simply because there’s only space for one Ricky in my heart...

Just now, Happy Fox said:

If we offload the likes of Hamza and Praet we probably need 2: Soumare and Ricci I guess?

From what I can gather he's very similar in style of play to Dewsbury-Hall. I suppose if we lose Hamza and Praet then we need 2 more which could be Soumare and Ricci but then where does that leave KDH and none of them are ACM's which we need better competition for Maddison.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

From what I can gather he's very similar in style of play to Dewsbury-Hall. I suppose if we lose Hamza and Praet then we need 2 more which could be Soumare and Ricci but then where does that leave KDH and none of them are ACM's which we need better competition for Maddison.

Very valid point, I am not sure entirely, but I do feel for creativity going forward for our strikers the club should prioritise a winger that’s where the most space on the pitch is for us to exploit our opposition 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Why buy another 19 y.o. when we have Tavares? Rodgers hinted that he is not in the market for anymore unproven youngsters and I think that is sensible.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Why buy another 19 y.o. when we have Tavares? Rodgers hinted that he is not in the market for anymore unproven youngsters and I think that is sensible.

With the lack of news surrounding him lately it wouldn’t surprise me if he is off somewhere else

1 hour ago, martyn said:

I was pleased to see Mendy sign a new contract, and he did a good job in the first third of the season, but he has been painfully exposed any time he has played since.

He just can't cover the ground well enough to be trusted as a direct Ndidi replacement as a lone defensive midfielder, especially behind 2 players lacking in mobility in Tielemans and Maddison.

Yesterday has to be the last time we have Wilf and Mendy in the same team.

Fine if one is playing but we must have dropped a lot of points with both on the pitch at the same time.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Does Tavares contract not expire this summer 👀 I think there’s a difference from buying an unproven 19 year old from a youth side compared to buying a highly rated 19 year old who has over 60 first team appearances under his belt

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

When have we ever signed unproven youngsters under Rodgers?

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Does Tavares contract not expire this summer 👀 I think there’s a difference from buying an unproven 19 year old from a youth side compared to buying a highly rated 19 year old who has over 60 first team appearances under his belt

I would have thought a bird in the hand is the better way to go. Yes, Tavares needs a senior contract but if he is as good as everybody keeps saying then he should get one. Bottom line is though we need more experience , we are well equipped with younger players.