Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Bertrand and Benteke are what mid to lower Premier league sides make, they are Rodgers signings too as he knows Bertrand from Chelsea and signed Benteke at Liverpool. Please stick to what we're good at.

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah same as this season, I'd just assumed it'd be Iheanacho, Edouard and Vardy, then Barnes or Perez in emergencies.

Would give us a different option too. Could be good in a tandem with one of the others

48 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Don't know how to embed tweets but Sam Martin who leaks the team reckons we want Benteke :dunno:

46 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Albrighton crosses into Benteke, we are winning the league

45 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Just saw this to. Bit random but would give us a different option. 

We trying to build the Belgium team? Not a bad tactic 

45 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

One a free, I’d take him tbh :dunno:

Rodgers has openly said numerous times he doesn't believe in target men. 

Not happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’d take benteke, but Dan James is the one I’d really like think he’s got some real potential.

I wouldn't take Benteke even I was paid to do so. As for Daniel James IMO would be a good purchase for the right price

On the plus side, if we did sign Benteke, then it would prevent him from scoring against us. Maybe we should just pick up all the journeyman targetmen in the prem as they become available on Bosman's then park them in the u23s as overage players. Beaglehole is happy as he can play beagleball, first team is happy because they stop conceeding so many from bloody corners. Pick up Callum Wilson when we can and pay him to stay at home and do nothing for second half of a season and we might finish a season without botching a CL push. lol

EDIT: Wouldn't mind Dan James, but I can't see United letting him go easily. Ole has a bigger addiction to pacy forwards and playing counter attack football than a 12 year old Fifa Player who's nicked his Mum's credit card and loaded up on as many Ultimate Team packs as he can get his grubby little hands on.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Simmo86 said:

Don't know how to embed tweets but Sam Martin who leaks the team reckons we want Benteke :dunno:

...big man upfront!!!

I thought this was contrary to how Rodgers saw the game and I would be surprised if this happens, seeing that we are looking to bring in Edouard. We have cried out for a focal point at times in the last couple of seasons and it would be a big change of the way Rodgers views the game for him to do this. A dogmatic Rodgers has been something I have perceived as a weakness, and the fact that he is now becoming flexible in his play, can only be a good thing.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...big man upfront!!!

I thought this was contrary to how Rodgers saw the game and I would be surprised if this happens, seeing that we are looking to bring in Edouard. We have cried out for a focal point at times in the last couple of seasons and it would be a big change of the way Rodgers views the game for him to do this. A dogmatic Rodgers has been something I have perceived as a weakness, and the fact that he is now becoming flexible in his play, can only be a good thing.

Worked for Brighton last night. To make it work though you have to commit players to crowd the box.Big men on their own usually don't work.You commit players and of course you get caught on the counter attack. Brighton had an extra man and took the risk.

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Is Sam Martin in the know? 

He is the one who leaks the team news well in advance of the official announcements

Certainly has a link, no clue if he has history with regards to transfers though

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He is the one who leaks the team news well in advance of the official announcements

Certainly has a link, no clue if he has history with regards to transfers though

To leak lineups likely means he works in sports media in some capacity, the lineups are uploaded to a portal by clubs earlier in the day so broadcasters can prep graphics etc. You just need a password to that and many do. There was an instance the other week where an incorrect team sheet was input to that system and lots of usually reliable “ITKs” repeated the error. 

Other option is he works for the club, I suspect the former given how freely he spreads confidential info about the club, I’d imagine you’d be more worried about losing your job if you were a direct employee. 

Or, he knows one of these two types of people.

either way he loves the attention

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1