Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, slymunn said:

Screenshot_20210503-170914_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-171022_Samsung Internet.jpg

Transfer Markt says end of loan deal May 21 , end of contract with parent club 2022 . 

Who knows , most of the stuff on the internet is as reliable as what the bloke down the pub says ( when pubs were a thing) 

8 hours ago, Nick said:

I mean what a window that would be but can anybody really see us spending 100 million, especially in this climate. It would be a bold move from Top and a show of real intent and would likely stabilise us as a top six maybe four club with the depth to stay there but 100 million plus would be an incredible move.

No. Not without being pretty much already set up to sell one of our top assets.

36 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Transfer Markt says end of loan deal May 21 , end of contract with parent club 2022 . 

Who knows , most of the stuff on the internet is as reliable as what the bloke down the pub says ( when pubs were a thing) 

His contract is definitely up in the summer. There was even an article him talking about his future not that long ago and he is evidently off, likely to Cov permanently as he is loving it there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Can only assume money or other factors. From a footballing point of view that's his career at the highest level done?

I have heard he is partial to a visit to Taco Bells.  Need to inform him the Leicester Branch is re-open for business.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Can only assume money or other factors. From a footballing point of view that's his career at the highest level done?

Apprently Tigres and Crystal Palace are the only teams to have actually made him an offer, easy decision in the end really!

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/florian-thauvin-on-the-verge-of-accepting-offer-from-tigres-mexico/

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

A contract until 2026 could give him great financial security for the rest of his career.

Footballing wise: not the best decision for the player, but can understand it his point of view if it happens for the aforementioned reason. I don’t think he’s really one of our top targets this summer anyway from recent noises, but defo one we’ve kept an eye on over the last couple seasons. 

I wonder what salary Mexican teams pay? 5 years on their whack or 3-4 years and a big signing on fee in Europe? It seems he wants to team up with his ex compatriot Gignac

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder what salary Mexican teams pay? 5 years on their whack or 3-4 years and a big signing on fee in Europe? It seems he wants to team up with his ex compatriot Gignac

Gignac apparently gets around $4.5million a year, comes out to about £60-70k a week

https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/the-highest-paid-players-of-liga-mx--20210106-0012.html

Every chance that Thauvin gets the "biggest ever deal" with how big a player he is in relation to the league, wouldn't suprise me if it isn't far off £100k a week

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Isn't he a right-footed left winger?  We kind of have one of those.

His game is so similar to Albrighton's, but when The nose used to play as an inverted left winger for us under Claudio who incidentally is the current manager of Sampdoria....

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Linked with Damsgaard again

Has played RW, LW and CAM this season.

Offers good defensive work too, sits in the top 50 tacklers in Serie A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

His game is so similar to Albrighton's, but when The nose used to play as an inverted left winger for us under Claudio who incidentally is the current manager of Sampdoria....

How so? I'd definitely class him more as a forward than a winger. He's got a very good shot on him, seems highly intelligent. Just worry that he's physically a bit meek for the PL.

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Championship seems his level! At 23 years old he should be on loan at a premier league club if he’s the level we need to improve our squad in depth 

I agree he should be but when was the last time we loaned a player to a premiership club? Arsenal do and in the case of Joe Willock I bet they wish they hadn't.