Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

From what I can gather he's very similar in style of play to Dewsbury-Hall. I suppose if we lose Hamza and Praet then we need 2 more which could be Soumare and Ricci but then where does that leave KDH and none of them are ACM's which we need better competition for Maddison.

If we going to bring in 2 CMs then I'd rather KDH go out on loan to a premier league side if he could get a good amount of game time. I really think he could develop into a good EPL squad player for us but at 23 he'd need to play more than a handful of games next season.

If we only bring in 1 CM and we lose Hamza + 1 other then KDH might get 15 starts for us next season mainly in the cups.

26 minutes ago, turlo said:

If we going to bring in 2 CMs then I'd rather KDH go out on loan to a premier league side if he could get a good amount of game time. I really think he could develop into a good EPL squad player for us but at 23 he'd need to play more than a handful of games next season.

If we only bring in 1 CM and we lose Hamza + 1 other then KDH might get 15 starts for us next season mainly in the cups.

I'd rather KDH get a chance here next season than signing someone younger than him to do the same role. Soumare I am on board with but do we then need to sign another CM as well?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I would have thought a bird in the hand is the better way to go. Yes, Tavares needs a senior contract but if he is as good as everybody keeps saying then he should get one. Bottom line is though we need more experience , we are well equipped with younger players.

I don’t think it’s quite as simple as him being good enough he’ll get 1! By all accounts we’ve been trying to get him tied down for a while and the last we heard a contract was on the table but I guess he fancies his chances of breaking through and getting first team football  at another club over us

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather KDH get a chance here next season than signing someone younger than him to do the same role. Soumare I am on board with but do we then need to sign another CM as well?

No I think Soumare is enough and with KDH coming in as well I could see 2 of Mendy, Hamza and Praet moving on  (Praet and Hamza probably want the game time). I'd prefer any money recouped from those sales going on a young Perez upgrade

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

links to Tarkowski seem to have stopped. I thought we were nailed on to bring him in at a knock down fee. 

I think he would be great for us but my guess is he will end up at west ham 

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think he would be great for us but my guess is he will end up at west ham 

pretty sure he turned down west ham in January as he wanted to remain up North . I've been to that part of East London and can sympathise . Parts of it even make Burnley look habitable.

• Haha 2

A new CB is a tough one assuming he'll be 4th choice and we mainly play a back 4. We need someone who's experienced, willing to be used as cover & cup games, won't cost much and good enough to step in when starters pick up injuries.  

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

A new CB is a tough one assuming he'll be 4th choice and we mainly play a back 4. We need someone who's experienced, willing to be used as cover & cup games, won't cost much and good enough to step in when starters pick up injuries.  

I'm guessing he's on peanuts at Burnley and there is scope in our structure to make an attractive offer which would set him up towards the end of his career. Tarkowski  would have been perfect to bring on yesterday 

8 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I'm guessing he's on peanuts at Burnley and there is scope in our structure to make an attractive offer which would set him up towards the end of his career. Tarkowski  would have been perfect to bring on yesterday 

price is the problem as Burnley seem to be holding out for the 30 mill they wanted. Even if we got them down to 20 mill there might not be enough left in the transfer kitty assuming CM, RW and CF are the top priority 

15 minutes ago, turlo said:

price is the problem as Burnley seem to be holding out for the 30 mill they wanted. Even if we got them down to 20 mill there might not be enough left in the transfer kitty assuming CM, RW and CF are the top priority 

They won't get £30m. They are probably looking at half that. Do Dyche/Burnley seem like the sort to let a player walk away for free next year?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, turlo said:

Depends entirely on what our preferred formation is I guess.. it we stick with the back three then realistically we’ll need a minimum of 4 decent CB’s + a back up to allow for plenty of rotation in keeping players fresh and cover for any injuries.

Ajer wouldn’t be a bad shout if he is available for around £10m and would still then potentially leave some funds for an older head too..

Edited by Muzzy_Izzn’t