Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

All good points but I think our transfer policy has moved on as the team has.  We are reportedly looking at Gosens, Soumare and still linked with Trincao. players that might expect CL to move on.  Failure to qualify also diminishes the budget  of course.

I’m not saying their aren’t pitfalls, but say Soumare for instance. Only about three teams in Germany, Spain and Italy, one in France and 4 English clubs could offer him the money we could and CL. Most won’t be interested, some might not even be able to afford it, he’s still young and quite raw and most will limit his playing time.

So it means, as I said you perhaps battle out with the next level down. The Everton’s of all those countries. And we can put gun them.

Of course it can be a help, especially paying a bit more in wages. £40m now gets you a player and his wages for about three years. So on players alone the impact perhaps isn’t as significant as people make out.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

There's about a years age difference. If KDH was anywhere near the player youri is, he would be in the team already. 

Don't sleep on KDH - trust me this guy going to the top 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes not good enough. Loan him out. No attacking threat.

Totally different player to Youri. He is a box to box workhorse like Mason Mount. Tremendous engine and strong. In a couple of years he should be our midfield powerhouse. Will he score a lot of goals? No he won't, but his assists should be double figures every season. Youri has a touch of genius you can't expect that in every player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Totally different player to Youri. He is a box to box workhorse like Mason Mount. Tremendous engine and strong. In a couple of years he should be our midfield powerhouse. Will he score a lot of goals? No he won't, but his assists should be double figures every season. Youri has a touch of genius you can't expect that in every player.

It was a joke mate.

I don't really know Soumare but by all accounts he's a quality player, I just don't understand why we need another defensive midfielder?   Especially when the glaring weakness in the team is our dysfunctional right hand side.

33 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

There's about a years age difference. If KDH was anywhere near the player youri is, he would be in the team already. 

When are people finally going to realise that players mature at different ages?! Tielemans was playing CL football at 17 and first team football in a league miles of the standard we are at. KDH wasn't. 

No one is saying that KDH will be anywhere near as good as Youri but the boy has proven himself at every level he's played at and has shown absolutely no reason why he couldn't be an adequate stand in. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't really know Soumare but by all accounts he's a quality player, I just don't understand why we need another defensive midfielder?   Especially when the glaring weakness in the team is our dysfunctional right hand side.

Think it's his attributes we're looking at. Physical player with, what I've read, a great ability to carry the ball forward. Something we lack if we can't pass it out. I'd assume we utilise him for that, to help bring us out and add some steal to us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The concern for KDH is whether he gets much game time in the next two seasons, although being in the Europa League next season should give him some early opportunities  to impress. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Think it's his attributes we're looking at. Physical player with, what I've read, a great ability to carry the ball forward. Something we lack if we can't pass it out. I'd assume we utilise him for that, to help bring us out and add some steal to us.

Weve need a big strong bastard in the middle for some time now. This guy is the one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't really know Soumare but by all accounts he's a quality player, I just don't understand why we need another defensive midfielder?  Especially when the glaring weakness in the team is our dysfunctional right hand side.

Playing Devil's advocate a little, but we've been over-run and outmuscled in midfield on more than one occasion this season. If this transfer is a reality, Rodgers is possibly just looking to upgrade on those currently available (with the exception of Wilf). 

There's actually a few holes in the squad though, a major one you mention above.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

He isn’t an out and out defensive midfielder like Ndidi, more box to box

Posted this the other day but it is a good read on what kind of player he is and what he offers

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/boubakary-soumare/

Boubakary Soumaré's Style of Play

Boubakary Soumaré caught the attention of scouts across Europe at the tail end of the 2018/19 season: he landed in the 85th percentile or higher for his position in a range of statistics including quantity of passes, dribbles, carries into the final third, pressure events where he regained possession, dribble completion rate, and tackle success rate.

During the 2019/20 season, Galtier has usually set Les Dogues up in a 4-4-2/4-2-4 shape with the aim of getting the ball forward quickly, bypassing the midfield, and creating chances by isolating defenders in the channels against dynamic attackers, like Victor Osimhen, or forcing errors in the final third through intense pressing by the front four. 

By design, Soumaré is not involved in possession phases much, making only the 11th most touches of the ball per 90 minutes of LOSC players, but when he is called upon his technique stands out. The youngster has a light, cushioning first touch and likes to move the ball on quickly and efficiently. 

His role does not require him to make penetrative passes, instead he recycles possession to a free team-mate with accuracy and perfect weight. This is the case even during intense transitional moments and his pass completion rate this season in Ligue 1 dips only slightly, from 90 percent to 88 percent, when passing under pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

He isn’t really a defensive player, he is more high energy winning balls all over the park and driving runs.

Basically, he a Praet replacement as he hasn’t quite worked out.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

When are people finally going to realise that players mature at different ages?! Tielemans was playing CL football at 17 and first team football in a league miles of the standard we are at. KDH wasn't. 

No one is saying that KDH will be anywhere near as good as Youri but the boy has proven himself at every level he's played at and has shown absolutely no reason why he couldn't be an adequate stand in. 

I never said he wouldn't be good enough to play for us at this level. Just don't think he'll be as good as youri. Think that's a fair assessment. That's not to say he still won't become a very good footballer. Youri is just next level imo.

51 minutes ago, murphy said:

He’s not really a DM, he’s a big strong box to box player who can pass a fair bit and is good at breaking the lines with runs.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

I never said he wouldn't be good enough to play for us at this level. Just don't think he'll be as good as youri. Think that's a fair assessment. That's not to say he still won't become a very good footballer. Youri is just next level imo.

Fair enough but I don't think that anyone has even remotely suggested that KDH is or will be as good as Youri. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear