Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Wilf?

He joined at Christmas of 16-17, didn't he?

That gave him the opportunity of playing in the CL last 16 - and quarters, as it turned out.

But, in terms of league position then, it looked more like he was joining for Championship than Champions' League football.... :whistle:

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Because people are actually overplaying the significance of it some what. It's one of numerous factors players will look at, especially the players we're looking at.

We're successful as we go for players before they are established, so in general the bigger clubs just above us don't go for them, they prefer ready made players. So being a highly successful bridging club is a massive tick in our box, allowing them to put themselves in a shop window and prove themselves to those bigger clubs. 

Money, will always be one of the largest factors. 

Chances of achieving there. 

The shop window it puts you in. 

Do they play in Europe

Where the club is

Who the manager is

etc

I mean, people aren't falling over themselves to play for Olympiacos, Marseille, Istanbul, Dynamo, Istanbul, Lokomotiv, Bruce, Zenit, Rennes, Crassandor, Shaktor etc are they?

Hey X player, come and play in the premier league for 75k a week or play in the champions league with Borussia Mönchengladbach on 30k for perhaps one season.... Errrrrr.... I'll take the money thanks. 

The reality is, there are probably just a handful of clubs we're competing against for players who can a) pay the fees we can b) pay the wages we can c) are seen as a great setup with chance of regular football d) provide a great bridge to the next set of clubs up. 

Great post this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny280995 said:

Youri clapping and crying yesterday all by himself....he's going, Soumare is his replacement 

E2FzYh1WEAMDoQ7.jpeg.jpg

If youri is leaving, we’ve yet to buy his replacement 🤷‍♂️ I don’t think we’d sell him anyway 

3 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Youri clapping and crying yesterday all by himself....he's going, Soumare is his replacement 

E2FzYh1WEAMDoQ7.jpeg.jpg

At Wembley, Youri spent a lot of time clapping the fans on this own at times. I remember him being with the celebrations and then went off to clap on his own. I think he's just a passionate guy who wanted to get the club into the Champions League. No one will know what the motivation is, he might have wanted to get the club into the CL for Top, got emotional because we didnt... i don't know.

But, i wouldn't read into this that much.

Percy mentioned about a new contract is close, lets wait and see on that.

7 minutes ago, whitlock said:

At Wembley, Youri spent a lot of time clapping the fans on this own at times. I remember him being with the celebrations and then went off to clap on his own. I think he's just a passionate guy who wanted to get the club into the Champions League. No one will know what the motivation is, he might have wanted to get the club into the CL for Top, got emotional because we didnt... i don't know.

But, i wouldn't read into this that much.

Percy mentioned about a new contract is close, lets wait and see on that.

He was also doing the TV interviews straight after the game 

15 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Soumare is the replacement, the signs are all there, Clapping by him and crying and waving....its pretty obvious 

Pretty obvious? All highly linked journalists have said he's signing a new deal. 

Chillwell was highly linked list year, Maguire the same the year before.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Anyone that thinks Soumare is a direct replacement for Youri clearly doesn't understand football. Totally different kind of midfielder.

Youri just isn’t easily replaced.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because people are actually overplaying the significance of it some what. It's one of numerous factors players will look at, especially the players we're looking at.

We're successful as we go for players before they are established, so in general the bigger clubs just above us don't go for them, they prefer ready made players. So being a highly successful bridging club is a massive tick in our box, allowing them to put themselves in a shop window and prove themselves to those bigger clubs. 

Money, will always be one of the largest factors. 

Chances of achieving there. 

The shop window it puts you in. 

Do they play in Europe

Where the club is

Who the manager is

etc

I mean, people aren't falling over themselves to play for Olympiacos, Marseille, Istanbul, Dynamo, Istanbul, Lokomotiv, Bruce, Zenit, Rennes, Crassandor, Shaktor etc are they?

Hey X player, come and play in the premier league for 75k a week or play in the champions league with Borussia Mönchengladbach on 30k for perhaps one season.... Errrrrr.... I'll take the money thanks. 

The reality is, there are probably just a handful of clubs we're competing against for players who can a) pay the fees we can b) pay the wages we can c) are seen as a great setup with chance of regular football d) provide a great bridge to the next set of clubs up. 

All good points but I think our transfer policy has moved on as the team has.  We are reportedly looking at Gosens, Soumare and still linked with Trincao. players that might expect CL to move on.  Failure to qualify also diminishes the budget  of course.

6 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

There's about a years age difference. If KDH was anywhere near the player youri is, he would be in the team already. 

Players can sometimes step up quick when given the role as a top flight player, like JJ when forced into playing more than he would have. Hope that's the case here. Really depends how they can adapt. The few times I watched KDH he really stood out in that Luton team.