Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/boubakary-soumare/

Boubakary Soumaré's Style of Play

Boubakary Soumaré caught the attention of scouts across Europe at the tail end of the 2018/19 season: he landed in the 85th percentile or higher for his position in a range of statistics including quantity of passes, dribbles, carries into the final third, pressure events where he regained possession, dribble completion rate, and tackle success rate.

During the 2019/20 season, Galtier has usually set Les Dogues up in a 4-4-2/4-2-4 shape with the aim of getting the ball forward quickly, bypassing the midfield, and creating chances by isolating defenders in the channels against dynamic attackers, like Victor Osimhen, or forcing errors in the final third through intense pressing by the front four. 

By design, Soumaré is not involved in possession phases much, making only the 11th most touches of the ball per 90 minutes of LOSC players, but when he is called upon his technique stands out. The youngster has a light, cushioning first touch and likes to move the ball on quickly and efficiently. 

His role does not require him to make penetrative passes, instead he recycles possession to a free team-mate with accuracy and perfect weight. This is the case even during intense transitional moments and his pass completion rate this season in Ligue 1 dips only slightly, from 90 percent to 88 percent, when passing under pressure.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if this fella coming means we are looking to play a double pivot (with the possibility of losing YT).  Harvey will be back and we seems likely to try again for a RW. 

.....I do not quite understand this post, why would Soumare coming herald the departure of Youri!!!

He is not going to be a Youri replacement, more an Ndidi with a better skillset, it just seems like people are expecting something that is not what he can deliver. He can beat a man, he is not weak and carries the ball forward before ofloading  near the edge of the opponents box. There is no killer passes, no spotting runs and playing the outrageous passes.

He is good enough to take the attention away from Youri and definitely stops us from being bullied in the middle of the park. The versatility of Praet, KDH or even Tavares can function in that midfield as he will be the one holding it all together.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I do not quite understand this post, why would Soumare coming herald the departure of Youri!!!

He is not going to be a Youri replacement, more an Ndidi with a better skillset, it just seems like people are expecting something that is not what he can deliver. He can beat a man, he is not weak and carries the ball forward before ofloading  near the edge of the opponents box. There is no killer passes, no spotting runs and playing the outrageous passes.

He is good enough to take the attention away from Youri and definitely stops us from being bullied in the middle of the park. The versatility of Praet, KDH or even Tavares can function in that midfield as he will be the one holding it all together.

We don’t have two players who can excel in a double pivot. Hence we don’t look good when we play it ! I’m just musing about what options this signing brings us and if it could herald a change in our set up IF YT was to leave.  We don’t have a youri replacement ..... we couldn’t afford one either ! 

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t have two players who can excel in a double pivot. Hence we don’t look good when we play it ! I’m just musing about what options this signing brings us and if it could herald a change in our set up IF YT was to leave.  We don’t have a youri replacement ..... we couldn’t afford one either ! 

...we are going to have one hell of a squad next season!!!

It is hard to sit down and pick a best eleven and that is the nub of the matter, we play a team on merit (horses for courses) not because of our favourites are part of the eleven. With everyone available, and with the possible incoming, we are more than good to go....we are going to be, that good!!

7 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Still surprises me

Ahmed Musa 28 :ph34r:, in his prime plays his football back in Nigeria.

Like fck is that guy 25. He genuinely looks like he's 50! Taribo West and Finidi George all over again! 

Of course Soumare and Edouard were team mates before at PSG!! So a nice bromance as well as there friendship with fofana. I’d still like to see two more quality signings and one for depth. Perhaps Gary Cahill could be an option to make up the numbers at CB

14 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Of course Soumare and Edouard were team mates before at PSG!! So a nice bromance as well as there friendship with fofana. I’d still like to see two more quality signings and one for depth. Perhaps Gary Cahill could be an option to make up the numbers at CB

:jawdrop:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I have just had a look and not one of those summer signings could be seen as successful... it really was shocking!

Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Kapustka, Zieler, Hernandez

Just amazed we somehow apparently got the vast majority of the fee spent on Musa back

Nampalys Mendy? Papy Mendy? 

very harsh, to group him with the  others.

When ndidi was out injured he did an excellent job covering for him. Some on here were even questioning whether Ndidi should go straight back into the team when fit which was a tad too far lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Nampalys Mendy? Papy Mendy? 

very harsh, to group him with the  others.

When ndidi was out injured he did an excellent job covering for him. Some on here were even questioning whether Ndidi should go straight back into the team when fit which was a tad too far lol

Oh I definitely agree he was great covering for Ndidi, definitely not as bad as the others on the list but I still feel he hasn't been a successful signing, he has only played 64 league games since he joined in 2016