Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not even just that, just somebody who can run at the opposition. That line up was painful, literally not one player who can pick the ball up and beat a man. Your best bets for that are probably the centre halves which says it all.

I'm at a point where I think this is imperative as a signing now, we badly miss somebody who can drive at the opposition especially with Barnes out and Ricardo half fit.

This is what kills me the most. Our squad is tidy enough on the ball, but nobody who can take the ball and run with it (until Ricky came on).

48 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Imagine replacing Perez with Soumare last night. No way we lose that game. 

Soumare isn't that sort of player. He's a rich man's Nampalys Mendy. Bit of a Tanguy Ndombele type player. Keeps the play moving.

Possibly arguable that Tielemans would have been in the position that Perez was in but don't expect Soumare to be making late runs into the box like a Frank Lampard would have.

5 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Despite all this chelsea domination it was a pen/corner and Leicester should of equalised

...it was really strange, pretty much one way traffic yet they struggled to put the game away!!!

They constantly failed in their last third to play the final ball and messed up time and time again. They are like us, in as much as we have the same problem and allow the opposition the chance back into the game.

We played to contain and counter when the opportunity arose, and there were instances where the break was on but we failed to execute the pass, or saw the opportunity too late.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

As in he scores that goal Perez blazed over? Have you mistaken Soumare for Zidane?

...just the ability to get a grip of the midfield and get Tielemans into the game more to dictate!!!

I don't think Soumare would have got himself into that position, in the box, but the opposition would not have been able to find Mount so easily, and for him to terrorise us on the night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

As in he scores that goal Perez blazed over? Have you mistaken Soumare for Zidane?

No, we would have had more control and presence on the with Soumare. He offers so much more than Perez and I was highlighting how thin our squad is when we are starting Perez. 

54 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Soumare isn't that sort of player. He's a rich man's Nampalys Mendy. Bit of a Tanguy Ndombele type player. Keeps the play moving.

Possibly arguable that Tielemans would have been in the position that Perez was in but don't expect Soumare to be making late runs into the box like a Frank Lampard would have.

34 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He looks far better than Mendy. Mendy plays completely risk averse football. Soumare doesn't.

Built differently to Mendy and has the physique to hold off challenges. Looks like a player with close control and the technical ability to run through the press rather than trying to pass around it. I think his style will work well in the Premier League. 

20 minutes ago, frany104 said:

No, we would have had more control and presence on the with Soumare. He offers so much more than Perez and I was highlighting how thin our squad is when we are starting Perez. 

Mate, I felt sorry for you there . How many people didn't get your comment. :dunno:

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Replace Hamza with this guy. Sell Perez and Get in 2 pacey wingers and another AM. Good striker with pace and strength and I'll be very happy.

id like to suggest selling Perez straight after yesterday’s game might not be the  best money-wise decision..

17 minutes ago, Torten said:

Who really needs the CL when we have a recruitment team that picks out bargains like this. £15m?? Ludicrous.

Can barely pick up a half decent player out of the Championship for that money these days 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Last time we qualified for the CL we had perhaps the worst summer recruitment since Peter Taylor spent all the Heskey money

It's quite simply the main reason we are where we are, we have continued to recruit well and buy in reality, £40mil players for about £15-20mil, continuously doing this is how you progress and why we have, above all.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Last time we qualified for the CL we had perhaps the worst summer recruitment since Peter Taylor spent all the Heskey money

I have just had a look and not one of those summer signings could be seen as successful... it really was shocking!

Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Kapustka, Zieler, Hernandez

Just amazed we somehow apparently got the vast majority of the fee spent on Musa back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I have just had a look and not one of those summer signings could be seen as successful... it really was shocking!

Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Kapustka, Zieler, Hernandez

Just amazed we somehow apparently got the vast majority of the fee spent on Musa back

He had an absolutely storming world Cup.